Thread: Batherson for Filip Forsberg

Dobber Sports Recruit

Question Batherson for Filip Forsberg

I am considering this trade in a rotisserie 1 year points league that also has +/- as a category (in which I am struggling) goals are worth (2) and even though Batherson is currently ahead of FF in goals 12-9 I think FF is likely to outscore him in the second half. If I remember correctly, isn't FF typically a much better second half performer? Please advise with your thoughts and opinions on whether or not I should make this trade. I'd obviously be getting Forsberg.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Batherson for Filip Forsberg

I prefer Forsberg here

Dobber Sports Recruit

me too - thanks!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Anyone else have any thoughts on this pending trade? I'd be giving up Batherson and getting Forsberg. I'd appreciate any additional thoughts, comments and/or advice. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't share the same optimism that Forsberg will outgoal Batherson in the 2nd half. What are you basing that on other than Forsberg typically being a good 2nd half player? Batherson got off to a slow start and has really been coming on lately. I think I stick with Batherson here.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I don't share the same optimism that Forsberg will outgoal Batherson in the 2nd half. What are you basing that on other than Forsberg typically being a good 2nd half player? Batherson got off to a slow start and has really been coming on lately. I think I stick with Batherson here.
    Forsberg has scored roughly .38 goals per game over his career, and his current 8.7% shooting percentage is the worst of his career.

This year and last year Batherson has scored at a rate of roughly .36 goals per game.

We have a longer track record with Forsberg which tells me he should finish the season closer to his career average of 12.7% shooting percentage, which would give him the boost over Batherson in my opinion. There is also the unknown of the sexual assault case which may or may not impact Batherson.

In reality when you’re talking about half of a season, one player could get hot and run away with it. But those are just some reasons why I prefer Forsberg.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Actually Batherson got off to really hot start… he cooled off and is picking up again…

As for the trade i think this is as close as they come…it’s so sideways for me that I probably stay with guy I have so I don’t kick myself as much if something goes wrong

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Actually Batherson got off to really hot start… he cooled off and is picking up again…

As for the trade i think this is as close as they come…it’s so sideways for me that I probably stay with guy I have so I don’t kick myself as much if something goes wrong
    I was basing my comments on his quarterly splits. Looking closer I can see he did have big games at the start of the season before cooling off. Regardless, he's on a hot streak now.

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    Forsberg has scored roughly .38 goals per game over his career, and his current 8.7% shooting percentage is the worst of his career.

This year and last year Batherson has scored at a rate of roughly .36 goals per game.

We have a longer track record with Forsberg which tells me he should finish the season closer to his career average of 12.7% shooting percentage, which would give him the boost over Batherson in my opinion. There is also the unknown of the sexual assault case which may or may not impact Batherson.

In reality when you’re talking about half of a season, one player could get hot and run away with it. But those are just some reasons why I prefer Forsberg.
    That's good stuff. I've got Forsberg in a 1-year league and you've given me some optimism.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Probably Forsberg for this year only but Bath if it's any type of keeper league. Even for this year, I think it's close. I'm going with Bath either way.
    Goals, assists, points, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, hits, blocks, goalie wins, GAA, Sv%, shutouts.

8 teams - Keep 6 in bold (including maximum of 1 goalie).

Kaprizov, Rantanen, Svechnikov, Larkin, Hischier, Horvat, Batherson, Trocheck, Reinhart, Marchessault, Buchnevich, Tarasenko, Boeser, Meier, Tolvanen, Lafreniere, Barbashev, Teravainen.

Heiskanen, Theodore, Chabot, Chychrun, Sanheim, Weegar, Burns, Sergachev (IR).

Saros, Skinner.

The Great One

I prefer Forsberg for the rest of the season.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch