Thread: Ty Nelson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Ty Nelson

30 GP
    9-28-37

3rd round pick from Seattle.

I‘m thinking about to add him to my minors,because i have 1 empty spot in my minirs.

what‘s the point with him?
    I mean his stats are pretty good, is it just his size or is he not able to play defense?
    Does anyone have more insight,because i‘m not able to watch OHL or WHL!

Or what about Max Wanner? 7th round pick from the Oilers, starting to get some offensive stats?

Thanks for every input from you guys

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Ty Nelson

Team and league in sig sorry.
    16-team H2H fantrax dynasty league:20 active spots ( 4 C/LW/RW- 6D-2G)5 bench15minorCategories:G A +/- PPP SHP SOG PIM HIT BLK FOW TOI GV TKGP W GAA SV SV% SHO
    My Team:
    C:Eichel / Couturier / Hertl / Scheifele /Stützle
    LW: Ovechkin / Hyman/ E.Kane /Jeannot/ DeBrincat/Nichushkin
    RW: Meier/ Seguin/ Bjorkstrand/P.Kane/Necas/Batherson
    D: Nurse / Seider /Sergachev/Dahlin/Cernak/Guhle/Jiricek
    G: Vasilevsky / Sorokin / Samsonov
    Minors:Kasper /Räty/Pospisil/E.Sale/C.Ritchie/Yager/Sandin Pelikka/Ty Nelson/Gulyayev/Yurov/Simashev / Tarasov (G) /Clang (G)/ Gajan(G)

Dobber Sports Star

Nelson is listed at 5'10", 190. Usually at that size, you need to be a top notch skater or have other skill, but Nelson doesn't have a history of offensive production and I'm not sure he has another NHL-level skill. He was the 1st overall pick in the 2020 OHL draft, so at least two to three years ago, he was thought of very highly. But his star has fallen to the level of a 3rd round NHL draftee. I don't see him as being an improvement on your other minor leaguers in the sig.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not better than what you have. He will have a hard time getting in the NHL.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Padawan

I’ve really liked Nelson’s season so far. I think he has solid upside.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Nelson is listed at 5'10", 190. Usually at that size, you need to be a top notch skater or have other skill, but Nelson doesn't have a history of offensive production and I'm not sure he has another NHL-level skill. He was the 1st overall pick in the 2020 OHL draft, so at least two to three years ago, he was thought of very highly. But his star has fallen to the level of a 3rd round NHL draftee. I don't see him as being an improvement on your other minor leaguers in the sig.
    I don‘t need to drop one…it would be a free add if i pick up Nelson

What about Max Wanner?he‘s got the size and has shown some offensive abilities this season!?
    And the Oilers said they were impressed in training camp from him?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

While he hasn't had a history of this high offensive upside, he was drafted 1st ovr a couple years ago, plus I'd rather go with a player who is on the upward trajectory without a history, then a player with good history who is trending downwards. Can't be overstated how big the developmental years of 17-21 are, so many kids look like the next big thing at 13, 14 then fall off a cliff, while others come out of nowhere and become the next big superstar. Obviously the best is a long history of production and constant upwards trending, but for me, especially at this age, I'll go with the kid who is showing promising progress vs the kid who has a good history but is trending downwards.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov