Thread: Roto Trade - Jack Hughes, Filip Forsberg, Sergachev, and Saaros or Rantanen, Aho, Trouba, and Francouz

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Roto Trade - Jack Hughes, Filip Forsberg, Sergachev, and Saaros or Rantanen, Aho, Trouba, and Francouz

Hello all,

My league is Yahoo Rotisserie, 12 teams.

Categories are G, A, PPP, SOG, HIT, +/-, W, SV%, GAA, SHO

I would be receiving the Rantanen side.

Any thoughts ?

The Great One

Default Re: Roto Trade - Jack Hughes, Filip Forsberg, Sergachev, and Saaros or Rantanen, Aho, Trouba, and Francouz

Hard no for me. Saros for Francouz is a big loss. You lose at every position except maybe adding Rantanen and he’s probably still not the best player in the trade and he’s injury prone.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Roto Trade - Jack Hughes, Filip Forsberg, Sergachev, and Saaros or Rantanen, Aho, Trouba, and Francouz

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Hard no for me. Saros for Francouz is a big loss. You lose at every position except maybe adding Rantanen and he’s probably still not the best player in the trade and he’s injury prone.
    If I took out the Saros/Francouz part and it was just offensive players, would it still be a hard no for you ?

The Great One

Yes it would. You’re selling low on Forsberg. Hughes is arguably the best player in the deal. Sergachev is what Trouba wishes he could be…but can’t.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Do not do this trade. Hughes is possibly the next MacKinnon, and Saros, poor season notwithstanding, has the highest quality start % of all goalies with 200+ games since he entered the NHL, and, among the top ten, is the only one who doesn't average at least one really bad start per ten games. Forsberg and Sergachev are no slouches either.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Yes it would. You’re selling low on Forsberg. Hughes is arguably the best player in the deal. Sergachev is what Trouba wishes he could be…but can’t.
    Awesome, thanks so much for the insight, this has been really helpful.

Enjoy the games tonight

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Do not do this trade. Hughes is possibly the next MacKinnon, and Saros, poor season notwithstanding, has the highest quality start % of all goalies with 200+ games since he entered the NHL, and, among the top ten, is the only one who doesn't average at least one really bad start per ten games. Forsberg and Sergachev are no slouches either.
    Interesting.

Even in a one-year league you have Hughes as potentially being as valuable as MacKinnon?

I guess how I see it as Hughes and Rantanen and pretty equal, Aho having a slight edge to Forsberg (injury notwithstanding), and Montour slightly more valuable than Trouba. Though Trouba gets a boost in Roto with all his shots/hits

The Great One

Toss out Hughes' first six games and you have a guy who's put up 31 points (9 on the PP) in 25 games, off 92 SOG. Or even better - 22 points in his last 16 games, with 68 SOG. He's becoming an absolute monster before our eyes.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Toss out Hughes' first six games and you have a guy who's put up 31 points (9 on the PP) in 25 games, off 92 SOG. Or even better - 22 points in his last 16 games, with 68 SOG. He's becoming an absolute monster before our eyes.
    I see.

What if I subbed in Kopitar for Hughes, Marchand for Forsberg, and Hamilton in for Montour.

So Kopitar, Marchand, and Dougie Hamilton for Aho, Rantanen, and Trouba.

Sound more appealing ?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by freedMinds View Post
    I see.

What if I subbed in Kopitar for Hughes, Marchand for Forsberg, and Hamilton in for Montour.

So Kopitar, Marchand, and Dougie Hamilton for Aho, Rantanen, and Trouba.

Sound more appealing ?
    Well in a one year league I have Marchand and Rantanen as a wash. Kopitar is below Aho, but by less than most would think. Hamilton though is quite above Trouba, even with Trouba's banger prowess. When it's close like this, I usually stand pat, so I personally would not make this deal.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well in a one year league I have Marchand and Rantanen as a wash. Kopitar is below Aho, but by less than most would think. Hamilton though is quite above Trouba, even with Trouba's banger prowess. When it's close like this, I usually stand pat, so I personally would not make this deal.
    Great, thanks so much for the extensive help. Team has had a rough start with goalies but I've been making steady improvements in league position over the past few weeks. My only issue is my defense is Hamilton, Sergachev, Montour, and Hanifin... If Montour/Sergachev lose their PP time I may begin to hurt in the points categories

Dobber Sports Wizard

on top of what everybody said that this is just a bad trade as is, 2 of your guys (hughes and Sergachev) still have quite a bit of upside left, specially first one. Nobody on other side has room to grow. So 2 years from now this is probably looking even worst than it does today.

hard pass.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    on top of what everybody said that this is just a bad trade as is, 2 of your guys (hughes and Sergachev) still have quite a bit of upside left, specially first one. Nobody on other side has room to grow. So 2 years from now this is probably looking even worst than it does today.

hard pass.
    So I'm not sure where you got the idea that this is a keeper league, it's just one year...

Not really looking for room to grow just production for this year, as I did post in under the "One-Year League Trade Talk" forum. Think you missed that part

Dobber Sports Wizard

oh ...im not sure either just most posts here are keeper or dynasty lol

If its one year roto league its even more a NO imo...Trouba is struggling and Rantanen will probably get hurt at some point, but even if all is equal, i think side you have produces more ...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    oh ...im not sure either just most posts here are keeper or dynasty lol

If its one year roto league its even more a NO imo...Trouba is struggling and Rantanen will probably get hurt at some point, but even if all is equal, i think side you have produces more ...
    Alright good to know, will keep my eye on the prize