Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Horvat headed to the trade block?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Horvat headed to the trade block?

Farhan Lalji reported that the Canucks locker room is so toxic, but Luke Schenn and Bo Horvat are 2 of the best people Farhan knows, and they are the 2 likeliest to be traded. So buckle up for the already suspect locker room culture in Vancouver to get worse (suspect as in toxic, not criminal to our knowledge).

Not one other reporter challenged Farhan on what he tweeted.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Magnificent One

Horvat always struck me as a player who eventually realized that his value to his team was more in the way of an all-around game, hence his scoring rate leveling off after having increased following each of his first five seasons. So I think what we are seeing now, despite coinciding with a UFA push, is perhaps more indicative of what Horvat can do if he prioritizes scoring. Do I see him as being a centerpiece first line center? Probably not, but I've got him in the same ballpark as Couturier, if not even a tad better.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Farhan Lalji reported that the Canucks locker room is so toxic, but Luke Schenn and Bo Horvat are 2 of the best people Farhan knows, and they are the 2 likeliest to be traded. So buckle up for the already suspect locker room culture in Vancouver to get worse (suspect as in toxic, not criminal to our knowledge).

Not one other reporter challenged Farhan on what he tweeted.
    Thanks for this info. I really enjoy Farhan on his podcast on the Athletic. Now if Harm could talk a little less and actually engage in a conversation, the podcast would be much better. Anyways, the more we learn about Vancouver, the more I dislike that team.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Thanks for this info. I really enjoy Farhan on his podcast on the Athletic. Now if Harm could talk a little less and actually engage in a conversation, the podcast would be much better. Anyways, the more we learn about Vancouver, the more I dislike that team.
    I think there's a systemic issue from the top down in Vancouver. Teams get by if you're winning in something like that, but if you're losing it gets out of control quickly. It's not proven, but when your new hire Emilie Castonguay has harassment and mental anguish allegations go public within months, there's a cultural issue. I'm not naïve to think this doesn't happen in a lot of places, but to allow this to go public, or allow something like this to happen is something else.

And when you hire Rutherford 11 months after he resigns from Pittsburgh while overseeing the settlement of a federal lawsuit filed by a former assistant coach and his wife accusing the team of negligently retaining a coach who sexually assaulted her. Bill Guerin was accused of covering it up, but was promoted after the incident happened. I dunno, I find that whole situation fishy.

They have the wrong person running the ship, the wrong owners writing cheques (Francesco Aquilini has been accused of abusing his kids), the wrong players in leadership roles (JT Miller, OEL, Hughes). It's just not going to work out. This seems like one of those "get in a hardass to right the ship, start from scratch, and hire a strong leadership group of players, coaches, GM and what not while you bring in young players." It's super easier said than done, especially with those deals on their books, but they need to hold some of their core guys more responsible.

Even if they trade players for picks, I fear the foundation of the organization is just going to taint the rookies coming in. But that's hard to predict.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd like to see Horvat to Minnesota. They sure can use some extra help in their line up I feel.

Dobber Sports Sage

I think there's a systemic issue from the top down in Vancouver. Teams get by if you're winning in something like that, but if you're losing it gets out of control quickly. It's not proven, but when your new hire Emilie Castonguay has harassment and mental anguish allegations go public within months, there's a cultural issue. I'm not naïve to think this doesn't happen in a lot of places, but to allow this to go public, or allow something like this to happen is something else.

And when you hire Rutherford 11 months after he resigns from Pittsburgh while overseeing the settlement of a federal lawsuit filed by a former assistant coach and his wife accusing the team of negligently retaining a coach who sexually assaulted her. Bill Guerin was accused of covering it up, but was promoted after the incident happened. I dunno, I find that whole situation fishy.

They have the wrong person running the ship, the wrong owners writing cheques (Francesco Aquilini has been accused of abusing his kids), the wrong players in leadership roles (JT Miller, OEL, Hughes). It's just not going to work out. This seems like one of those "get in a hardass to right the ship, start from scratch, and hire a strong leadership group of players, coaches, GM and what not while you bring in young players." It's super easier said than done, especially with those deals on their books, but they need to hold some of their core guys more responsible.

Even if they trade players for picks, I fear the foundation of the organization is just going to taint the rookies coming in. But that's hard to predict.
    Great post. Harm and Farhan made some great points in a recent podcast about how Vancouver plays up and down to their competition and the overall lack of discipline the team has. I believe it was Farhan who spoke of how Schenn and Lazar, non-stars, spoke of the team not playing the right way and how the comments should be seen as a direct indictment against the team's core. Then you look at Miller's useless anger and the boo boo face body-language of Hughes and Demko- ugh! This team makes me angry. Unfortunately, I have several Canucks on my teams so I have to follow them.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    I'd like to see Horvat to Minnesota. They sure can use some extra help in their line up I feel.
    Have you looked at Minny’s cap situation?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Have you looked at Minny’s cap situation?
    For a 1yr rental, he can fit cap wise in Minny.

Why Minny would pay up the price tag for 30games is another topic lol.

The Great One

For a 1yr rental, he can fit cap wise in Minny.

Why Minny would pay up the price tag for 30games is another topic lol.
    Yes also part of my point. Doesn’t make sense at all.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    And push aside the likes of Sam Steel, Ryan Hartman and Frederick Gaudreau? Blasphemy! Interesting idea for a rental. Probably won't happen, but I'd be intrigued if it did.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/