Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Horvat headed to the trade block?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Horvat headed to the trade block?

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet650/sta...jca5nHX_A&s=19

@ThomasDrance reacts to the report that Horvat has rejected the #Canucks    most recent offer:

�� "This doesn't feel like another phase in the negotiation. This feels like a parting could be in offing at some point."

Visit the #Canucks    Talk Show Page⤵️
    sprtsnt.ca/3D16Myc
    I don't know what the offer was but it sounds like Horvat wants out. I don't expect this to be the norm for Horvat so sell high Allvin!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Horvat headed to the trade block?

I read that Vancouver's last offer was less than 8 M per. Why would he want to stay especially at less than market value? Hell, there shouldn't be a hometown discount. at all As someone who follows Vancouver closely, this organization shows little hope for the future. While they have some great individual pieces, it's a losing mix. They have no prospects of consequence and they are saddled with several bad contracts. If I'm Horvat, I run away from Vancouver as fast as possible.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Preseason negotiations started out in the 5s, while they signed JT to 8 whatever. So he starts the season like a house on fire brimming with P&V, and according to Seravalli a team needing a 2C noticed and is willing to give him 9 something for his best years.

If Horvat goes, the dominos start to fall. Boeser, and maybe even Demko go in the offseason. They will keep Petey and Hughes, but no one else is safe.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I would not want to explain this situation to JT Miller and his agent. Yikes.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I would not want to explain this situation to JT Miller and his agent. Yikes.
    If anything, Miller has to be pinching himself that he got the contract he did.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Master

I know its hard to be fully satisfied as a fan of any team but how do the canuck fans feel about things ?

I still see a team on paper that should be pretty damn good .

Miller came within an inch of being dealt to the isles for 13th ov and a week later he's extended

Dobber Sports Titan

Canucks put their eggs in the wrong basket (JT Miller) and pushed Horvat, their captain, out of town. The guy they traded what was their next goalie (Schneider) for essentially. It's actually ridiculous how the management squad in Vancouver isn't getting more hate over this.

Now, if it is an 8yr, $8.5m+ aav that is needed to sign Horvat....Vancouver can't do it. He's having an unrepeatable yr for him. You gave him the shaft in negotiations earlier, so he wants his full worth now. And you are signing him at an all time high. The flip side though, you get to trade him at an all time high. He's got a low cap hit, and you can make it under $3m for the acquiring team easily.

Vancouver could have completely overhauled their roster by moving JT Miller and Horvat in back-to-back yrs and revamped their prospect pool. They would be dumb to repeat their mistake.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Canucks put their eggs in the wrong basket (JT Miller) and pushed Horvat, their captain, out of town. The guy they traded what was their next goalie (Schneider) for essentially. It's actually ridiculous how the management squad in Vancouver isn't getting more hate over this.

Now, if it is an 8yr, $8.5m+ aav that is needed to sign Horvat....Vancouver can't do it. He's having an unrepeatable yr for him. You gave him the shaft in negotiations earlier, so he wants his full worth now. And you are signing him at an all time high. The flip side though, you get to trade him at an all time high. He's got a low cap hit, and you can make it under $3m for the acquiring team easily.

Vancouver could have completely overhauled their roster by moving JT Miller and Horvat in back-to-back yrs and revamped their prospect pool. They would be dumb to repeat their mistake.
    This is exactly why they shouldn't re-sign him to what he's looking for. Even if they hadn't re-signed Miller in the off-season, and Horvat had come out and started like he had, they'd still be in the same position as being forced to re-sign Horvat to a massive overpayment. I dont think it's fair to say they put their eggs in the wrong basket. Miller was arguably their best player the past couple seasons.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This is exactly why they shouldn't re-sign him to what he's looking for. Even if they hadn't re-signed Miller in the off-season, and Horvat had come out and started like he had, they'd still be in the same position as being forced to re-sign Horvat to a massive overpayment. I dont think it's fair to say they put their eggs in the wrong basket. Miller was arguably their best player the past couple seasons.
    I think giving that pay day to a guy who plays on one side of the ice, at his age, vs what he was likely going to get Vancouver in a trade made them invest in the wrong player. I think a lot of people knew once Miller was paid, getting Horvat to return was going to be hard.

If they traded Miller, they would have likely extended Horvat at a higher figure than they offered, but lower than what he wants now (but who knows if he even plays to this level if he re-signs in the summer).

But ya, if I'm a GM, I am not re-signing Horvat now. It's buying BitCoin in 2021. It's the wrong time, and put that problem onto someone else, and hope what you get in return can mimic Horvat in a couple yrs.

I still don't get why Vancouver signed Boeser, Mikheyev, and Miller all before Horvat. But Boeser I get more than the other 2, but they really showed Horvat how they feel about him by making him not the priority.

Whatever, Horvat will get them a prospect, a 1st, and maybe something else. Do we think he gets the Duchene return? (former 1st in Bowers, 1st round pick, 3rd round pick, NHL player Turris). Probably something in that ballpark (1st round pick, prospect/1st round pick, maybe a 3rd part).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm gonna speculate Horvat/VAN are over more for Horvat making his long-time (other-life) play.

Horvat & his wife have strong ties to Southern Ontario.
    They are both super-small-town kids.
    https://theprovince.com/sports/hocke...olly-donaldson

If I'm the Red Wings - I'm considering making a strong-play on Horvat.
    Curiously - the Wings don't yet have "Michigan Man" Dylan Larkin signed up.

There's some cap to finagle there... as both Larkin and Horvat are probably $8m guys - with what Robert Thomas and Tim Stutzle are getting these days.

Bo & wife have two VERY young kids now.
    And, like Claude Giroux and wife, you're looking to get close to your hometown for wife.
    His wife also seems to be working (nurse) woman - so you want a support network.

The money from any team (VAN) is obviously huge.
    But he's coming East... Detroit is my odds-on favourite with Ottawa being a 2nd... if they can move out the funds.

I'd be curious if Ottawa/Vancouver would be up for a sign&trade:

to VAN: Josh Norris (+/-)
    to OTT: signed Bo Horvat (+/-)

VAN gets the youth.
    OTT gets the slightly better player... for now...

I could see Detroit parting with Zadina, Bertuzzi, Veleno, and/or picks.

For Vancouver management & Horvat...
    I think he's just *gone*.
    I think everybody knew it.
    And I think the $$$ negotiations are less important... and his eventual departure is WHY Vancouver had money to throw at others.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Detroit would be a good landing spot but not for Bertuzzi (he's a winger and we have way too many of those). Hronek could be a target.

I'd love to get Norris out of Ottawa though but I don't think Ottawa does that.

Toronto for Kerfoot (salary dump) and Liljiegren plus a pick could work.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    Detroit would be a good landing spot but not for Bertuzzi (he's a winger and we have way too many of those). Hronek could be a target.

I'd love to get Norris out of Ottawa though but I don't think Ottawa does that.

Toronto for Kerfoot (salary dump) and Liljiegren plus a pick could work.
    Toronto was brought up by some analyst and I can't see why Toronto would go out and get Horvat. Guys a machine on the draw, but so is JT and Matthews (both to a lesser extent), so if you acquire Horvat, you're limiting one of the top uses of those three.

But Toronto will be involved from a media standpoint to drive the price up, and Toronto is ok with that happening.

Dobber Sports Master

I'd imagine the return could be greater if they let teams talk about an extension with Bo instead of pure rental prices

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I'd imagine the return could be greater if they let teams talk about an extension with Bo instead of pure rental prices
    I agree. I read that Vancouver is not allowing Horvat to talk contract with any team and he'll be viewed as a pure rental. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Colorado and Carolina look like prime landing spots for me. Toronto doesn't need a #2C.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I agree. I read that Vancouver is not allowing Horvat to talk contract with any team and he'll be viewed as a pure rental. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Colorado and Carolina look like prime landing spots for me. Toronto doesn't need a #2C.
    Colorado is the team that jumped out at me as a contender needing an upgrade at 2C. Not sure they make it happen, but that would be a good fit for a team hoping to go back to back.