Thread: What is the better move??

Dobber Sports Pro

Default What is the better move??

This is for league 2 in my sig. Right now, I’m in 2nd place but i have 2 forwards who disappoint me. I love Patrick Kane but he’s not giving me enough for 10.5M and I took a chance on Schmaltz and...meh. I’m trying to replaced both but i’m only 100K under the cap. These are the best options in the free agents:

Wheeler (8.25) and Hertl (8.137)

Or

Forsberg(8.5)(just got drop) and Hayes(7.5)

I’m leaning on the Wheeler side but want to know your opinions! Thx will rep
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: What is the better move??

I think Hayes warrants immediate consideration in your cap setup, he'll bring you to 3 mil beneath at that pay rate and there's no denying he is the focal point of that offense. Hayes always did relatively well under Torts in NY but the main thing that he's finally realized leading to his success this season is shooting of the puck! He was a brutally pass ALWAYS first player when he was younger but that has certainly changed with age for the better. Schmaltz I would give a little more time unless something comes along that you cannot pass up but the man had like 59 pts. in 60 something games last year. Basically I am thinking maybe just only supplant Hayes in for Kane as insane as that may sound but the man is performing consistently all season so far. They have their defensive issues in Philly but that's not your concern, only points which he is supplying.

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks, it could be Hayes + any of these guys... I like Hayes too, with Couturier probably out for the season, he’s in a great spot !
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd go with Hayes and one of the options not named Forsberg if you drop Schmaltz
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

I didn’t think it will fit but i can also do Wheeler/Hertl ( about 30k left lol ).
    Wheeler, Hertl and Hayes are pretty equal right now in term of points. I prefer the linemates of Wheeler/Hertl and both have produced close to a point per game in the past.The Flyers don’t score much and have one of the worst PP in the league...I see a lot of red flags for Hayes and the safe choice seems to be Wheeler/Hertl. Anyone thinks the same? Thanks for the replies so far!
    League 1
    League2

Dobber Sports Superstar

I also have concerns with Hayes. The Flyers are already a team with mediocre offense, and they could very well play out the rest of the year with the intent of positioning themselves strongly in the Connor Bedard sweepstakes. That does not bode well for big numbers from Hayes if that happens. I agree, the Wheeler/Hertl option is preferable.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I know I'm 2 days late, but didn't Wheeler get injured 3 days ago?

He's out for a month or so.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah, that was just before he got injured... I ended up with Schmaltz and Hertl
    League 1
    League2