Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Svechnikov offers REP

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Svechnikov offers REP

I'd take that second deal, and have ended up taking a deal like that in a dynasty football draft where I got a bunch of picks + a player for one player. However it was only 10 picks over 2 years (one whole draft, and rounds 1,2, and I think 4 the next year).

However, the guy needs to be on board and not quitting. It could be a screw this league thing. No veto doesn't mean no commish oversight, note.

On the flip side, it's somewhat realistic, as this shows (football example):

Ricky Williams:
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...W/WillRi00.htm

Details: Traded by Redskins as 1999 1st round pick (5th overall) to Saints for 1999 1st round pick (12th overall subsequently traded, Cade McNown), 1999 3rd round pick (71st overall subsequently traded, D'Wayne Bates), 1999 4th round pick (107th overall, Nate Stimson), 1999 5th round pick (144th overall subsequently traded, Khari Samuel), 1999 6th round pick (179th overall subsequently traded, Desmond Clark), 1999 7th round pick (218th overall subsequently traded, Billy Miller), 2000 1st round pick (2nd overall, LaVar Arrington) and 2000 3rd round pick (64th overall, Lloyd Harrison)

So it was 1999 5th overall for every pick the Saints had in the 1999 draft, plus a 2000 1st & 3rd. Not exactly two whole drafts, but Williams was thought to be the next great generational RB,while Svechnikov is not the next generational winger.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

I was a big Williams fan! Was sad his career ended the way it did. But yeah, the guy offering this deal is a good buddy of mine and has one of the best teams in our league. He owns Nate Mac and I guess is wanting to replace his production quickly. He’s just not usually shy about over paying to get a guy he wants.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Ace

As the night went on, both me and other GM were thinking the deal wasn’t worth upsetting anyone in the league. I feel the right decision was made. Thanks for your thoughts, boys.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk