Thread: Keep 2 out of 3

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Keep 2 out of 3

Hi everyone,

Who should I have as my main trade bait?

Pacioretty
    Wilson
    Werenski

At this point I'm weak on D but Werenski is the weakest of the three. Pacioretty has the best resume but is older and it's a significant injury he's had. Wilson is exiting his prime. It'll depend on how they play once they come back, but I want to maximize value, most likely in the off-season but it could be before (for Wilson and Pacioretty). Based on my current keepers, I can keep two out of the three.

Thoughts are appreciated!
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Keep 2 out of 3

Is there positional requirements? From your sig, it doesn't look like it.

I'd wait and see what Wilson and Pacioretty do upon their returns and decide from there.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No position requirements. If they come back and perform at their career average, I'm wondering whether to keep Werenski over Wilson (for example), if I can't trade them. They're all coming back from injuries and are on my trade block.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Pro

Werenski isn't coming back this year.

I'd look to trade Wilson as I'm not sure his value will be as high when he comes back considering how the season is going in Washington. But it's hard to truly gauge these players value while they're on the shelf.

Dobber Sports Superstar

It's nice to plan ahead but I really think maybe you've got the cart before the horse here. Werenski is likely done for the year. The other two still have a ways to go before they're ready to hit the ice. As you said, there are red flags with both Max and Wilson and what direction things will go in when they do return remains to be seen, but if I'm the other GM being offered one of these guys I'm not interested until I have a far better idea of what I'm buying. From your perspective, until you know what you have it's hard to put a value on it. Maybe wait a bit.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf