Chychrun
    1st
    2nd

I received

Rantanen
    Aho (Carolina)
    8th
    9th

It felt like a no Brainer...and accepted as soon as he countered my original offer (which wasn't far off).
    Just curious on thoughts
    Team 1:

G, A, SOG, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Matthews, Crosby, Point, Seguin
    LW - Miller, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, Schenn
    RW - Terry, Necas, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Hedman, Pionk, Hanifin, McNabb
    G - Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Petry

Team 2:

G, A, PP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GAA, SV%,

C - Kopitar, Hischier, Rantane
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH
    RW - Marner, Kucherov, R. Smith
    D - Makar, Hamilton, Heisknen, Dillon
    G - Vasilevskiy, Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Aho, Theodore

The Great One

Default Re: Did I overpay?

How many do you keep? Those 1st and 2nd round picks going to be lottery? The only thing I’m not big on is the picks and Chychrun. You did get two awesome Finnish forwards. Pretty steep price. I’d call a fair trade but you didn’t fleece him.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Initiate

In a limited keeper I think you did well. While yes those two picks might hurt, the fact that you got Rantanen in particular to add to your keepers I think makes this worth it
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Stud

10 team league, keep 7.

I too was reluctant to trade Chychrun (he wasn't in my original offer) and a 1st and a 2nd will hurt come draft because there are usually some solid players in those rounds (this year I got Lindholm and Hamilton).

That being said. Adding Rantanen and Aho to my mix was too good to pass up. I was surprised when he entertained my original offer to begin with.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This is a great deal for you. You gave up 3 non-keepers and two high picks for 2 keeper quality guys. I'd expect that when you realize you have too many keeper options you can get high picks back in return.

Chychrun isn't remotely a keeper in this league, at least for you. He'd be your #5 D. I don't even think he's a guy people would need to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder to get, if Hamilton was a 2nd rounder post keepers.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    This is a great deal for you. You gave up 3 non-keepers and two high picks for 2 keeper quality guys. I'd expect that when you realize you have too many keeper options you can get high picks back in return.

Chychrun isn't remotely a keeper in this league, at least for you. He'd be your #5 D. I don't even think he's a guy people would need to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder to get, if Hamilton was a 2nd rounder post keepers.
    This was generally my thought as well. You upgraded to 2-sure fire keepers and strengthened your keeper base immensely.
    I really like this deal for you.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

The Great One

I kind of disagree- i don't hate it but...

In a keep 7 with 12 teams a first and a second have a lot of value. If you're massively upgrading your keepers or ensuring a top three finish then yea you move those pieces but I don't think that trade did this

In a keep 7 let's say you keep Hedman hellebyuck Matthew's kaprizov Tkachuk that's 2 more out of gaudreau Miller terry necas. With that said you've definitely upgraded one keeper in rantanen but im sorry I love me some aho but I just don't see a real strong upgrade out of those names. In fact I'd argue gaudreau is the better keep- were not even touching on the fact that necas terry or boeser might make just as deserving of a case to be a keeper by years end.

So you added one keeper and improved your current group by an aho aaannnddd you had to give up lindholm to do it.

My thinking:

I feel like the other guy is targeting the future- im not nearly as high on chychrun so if he has value I've got no issue sending him, Norris and a high pick for rantanen- that part of the deal is great and you make that every day of the week.

However when you add in limdhilm and the other pick for aho (for half a season)- your maybe talking about 5 or 10 points at the cost of a forst or second rounder? If you're keeping aho thats fine but that decision should be based on player merit not the trade you made and I think you'd be hard pressed to make a case for aho being one of your 7 best and harder still to show any kind of margin between him and his competition. Like I said I LOVE Aho and on some teams he'd be a great keep but your roster is pretty deep and I feel like the only way hes a keeper is if you force the issue. I'm not going to lie I think Necas and Aho are pretty much the same player right now and Necas is three or four spots out.

Its not going to wreck your team but I feel like focusing on just rantanen would have been a better strategy...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I kind of disagree- i don't hate it but...

In a keep 7 with 12 teams a first and a second have a lot of value. If you're massively upgrading your keepers or ensuring a top three finish then yea you move those pieces but I don't think that trade did this

In a keep 7 let's say you keep Hedman hellebyuck Matthew's kaprizov Tkachuk that's 2 more out of gaudreau Miller terry necas. With that said you've definitely upgraded one keeper in rantanen but im sorry I love me some aho but I just don't see a real strong upgrade out of those names. In fact I'd argue gaudreau is the better keep- were not even touching on the fact that necas terry or boeser might make just as deserving of a case to be a keeper by years end.

So you added one keeper and improved your current group by an aho aaannnddd you had to give up lindholm to do it.

My thinking:

I feel like the other guy is targeting the future- im not nearly as high on chychrun so if he has value I've got no issue sending him, Norris and a high pick for rantanen- that part of the deal is great and you make that every day of the week.

However when you add in limdhilm and the other pick for aho (for half a season)- your maybe talking about 5 or 10 points at the cost of a forst or second rounder? If you're keeping aho thats fine but that decision should be based on player merit not the trade you made and I think you'd be hard pressed to make a case for aho being one of your 7 best and harder still to show any kind of margin between him and his competition. Like I said I LOVE Aho and on some teams he'd be a great keep but your roster is pretty deep and I feel like the only way hes a keeper is if you force the issue. I'm not going to lie I think Necas and Aho are pretty much the same player right now and Necas is three or four spots out.

Its not going to wreck your team but I feel like focusing on just rantanen would have been a better strategy...
    You are reading the wrong team. OP said 2nd team in signature.

C - Aho, Kopitar, Hischier, Eriksson Ek
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH
    RW - Marner, Kucherov, Rantanen
    D - Makar, Hamilton, Heisknen, Theodore
    G - Vasilevskiy, Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson

Aho is clearly a keeper for that group.

1. Kucherov
    2. Makar
    3. Vasilevsky
    4. Rantanen
    5. Aho
    6. Panarin
    7. Guentzel/Hamilton/Wilson
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Stud

Yes it is the second team.

With the list you just said though, you're missing Marner. He's in there for me for sure too so I will lose one of them

Dobber Sports Superstar

1. Kucherov
    2. Makar
    3. Vasilevsky
    4. Rantanen
    5. Aho
    6. Panarin
    7. Marner

That's a nice looking core. You paid a fair price here and you nicely upgraded your keeps, so, IMO it's a win.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf