Thread: Best offer received - Is it enough?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Best offer received - Is it enough?

Not the league in my signature.

16 Team League - Keep 12 - 3C, 3LW, 3RW for forwards, 6D, and 2G. 5 Reserves.

Goalies are extremely valuable according to most all GM’s in the league.

H2H Categories - G, A, SOG, PIM, Special Team Points, Game Winning Goals (including shootout winners) and ((Hits and Blocks) together). Goalie Cats are Wins, Saves, SV% and SO.

I’m in an extreme rebuild after taking over a last place team from last year and have promptly acquired 6 1st rounder for this coming draft and have an extremely young and talented team. No plan to even become a playoff team until 2025 and currently (based on standings and no lottery mishaps) would draft 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 11th overall in 2023 with all my 1sts.

I put Kochetkov on the block to see how valuable he is.

The best offer over the last 2 weeks has been my Koch for a 2024 1st, Alex Tuch and Pelletier.

I should mention a rare rule in our league that allows goalies to be minors for 82 games played and skaters 164. Lol. Kaprizov is still a minor.

Is this intriguing?
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin~Joey Anderson
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors (I have 57):
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~M.Phillips~Rousek~ Posposil~Alexandrov~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona~Fedotov

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Best offer received - Is it enough?

No. Tuch has value, but Kochetkov's potential value is much greater. First, stepping on the brakes a bit. Kochetkov is 23.5 years old, so younger than you'd expect for a goalie without an elite pedigree establishing himself. He'll certainly be, at worst, the backup in Carolina next year, Raanta isn't coming back. He has a 4 year contract starting next year in his pocket. Carolina is known to be cheap with goalies. Andersen is a UFA after this year. The big question is who will Carolina bring in as the team's other goalie next year. Carolina is an LTIR team this year. Pacioretty is up this year at $7mm per, although at 34, Carolina might let him walk. Andersen's cap hit this year is $4.5. He seems like he'd want one last long term contract, which Carolina seems unlikely to want to provide unless Andersen were to take a money hit. Jordan Staal at $6mm is up this year but he's the captain, so there might be some pull to bring him back despite his age. Aho, Necas, and Jarvis all need new deals after next season, and they're all looking at big salary increases.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Carolina tries to find a veteran who is willing to do a one year deal next year, like how Klingberg got shut out of the market and accepted a 1 year deal to ostensibly show his value. Carolina should be an attractive option for a goalie looking to make a good showing. Kochetkov is the backup next year. Then after that, Kochetkov is the #1 or at least the 1A for the following 3 years. I don't see a situation where Kochetkov is held back to only be a backup or a 1B option. With that, having a good goalie on a good team providing starting goalie production for 3 of the next 4 years is more valuable than Tuch and spare parts.

The Great One

This. Well done.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Just weighing to say what an absolutely fantastic year to acquire all thise firsts! Could be legendary!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

What does the team who is giving you that first look like contention-wise? I think Tuch would be a keeper for you. I suspect you could flip that 1st for a similar goalie prospect in the offseason if the team stinks, or just get another goalie.

I do like Kochetkov (Have trouble spelling his name, always wnat to type "Kotch" which is wrong) and think he'll be good, but I'd prefer to stack skaters, especially since goalie prospects seem to be available to be hoarded.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.