Thread: Markstrom - L. Thompson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Markstrom - L. Thompson

For this season, who is the best starter?

Markstrom (a good goalie, but horrible season) or Thompson (a new wave, but can he be good all season long?)

OR Vanecek is the better option?

Thank you!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Markstrom - L. Thompson

Depends a bit on categories. Jersey isn't giving up many shots, nor is Calgary. So if pure saves matter, Thompson is a better choice.

I think I'd prefer Vanecek or Thomspson to Markstrom for this year only.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Vanecek > Thompson > Markstrom
    League: 14 team H2H 12 category scoring: G/A/P/PPP/SHP/SOG/BLK~ W/L(Least)/GA(Least)/SV/SHO
    Bratt Pack: Team & Record: 43-43-10 (23 player roster with 6 IR positions and 2 NA positions)

C: Scheifele-WPG, Seguin-DAL(RW), Reinhart- FLA(RW), Monahan-MON, Parssinen-NSH
    LW: Laine-CLS(RW), Benn-DAL(C), Zucker-PIT, Sheary-WSH(RW), Maccelli-ARZ
    RW: Bratt-NJ, Fiala-LA(LW), Zacha-BOS(LW/C), Peterka-BUF(LW), Wilson-WSH IR
    D: Hamilton-NJ, Chabot-OTT, Trouba-NYR, Addison-MIN, Ekman-Larsson-VAN, Letang-PIT IR
    G: Saros-NSH, Kuemper-WSH, Schmid-NJ, Francouz-COL

Dobber Sports Superstar

Vancecek
    Markstrom
    Thompson: he is waiver exempt and that is not an element I would gamble with when the other two do not come with that variable.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Vancecek
    Markstrom
    Thompson: he is waiver exempt and that is not an element I would gamble with when the other two do not come with that variable.
    ummmm. Lehner is not going to play at all this year and that is written in stone. His recovery time is set for 2024. Thompson being waiver exempt for a few more months isn't a factor(This is his last year of exemption and the first year of his new deal). They already showed they believe in him enough that they waived goalies that were not waiver exempt like Brossoit to keep him up. He's 12-5-0 with a 92% GAA and Cassidy has deemed him the chosen one. no GM is going to demote him against the wishes of his new winning coach
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    ummmm. Lehner is not going to play at all this year and that is written in stone. His recovery time is set for 2024. Thompson being waiver exempt for a few more months isn't a factor(This is his last year of exemption and the first year of his new deal). They already showed they believe in him enough that they waived goalies that were not waiver exempt like Brossoit to keep him up. He's 12-5-0 with a 92% GAA and Cassidy has deemed him the chosen one. no GM is going to demote him against the wishes of his new winning coach
    I think he's more thinking about Laurent Brossoit, but they already waived him and he cleared, signalling that Thompson is probably not going anywhere any time soon.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    You don't need to justify it to me my friend, he is absolutely performing well but I personally do not deal with gamble scenarios like this that's all.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thank you!