Thread: Hutson for Lundqvist

The Great One

Default Hutson for Lundqvist

So I'm getting pretty e cited about Hutson as a prospect. He always had the talent and he was drafted by a team where he doesn't have a ton of competition to the top ppqb spot. I always thought he was his own competition in a sense. If he could find a way to succeed with his lack of size the spot was ripe for the taking.

So I checked in to see how hes doing against tougher competition in the ncaa...

... and hes killing it lol! Like I guess not generational but hes obliterating the field. Better than a ppg from the blue line in year one- its pretty nutty. My fear is that if I wait too long to make a pitch hell become unattainable BUT that being said the fact that I have already inquired and made a su stantial offer has alerted him to the fact that at least I think he's got more upside then your typical 2nd rounder and he's even said as much in trade talks lol!

So I offered bertuzzi and krwbs for him. He said hes intrigued but hes gonna pass. I made the offer because I think he could use one more "here and now" winger and krwbs has si.ilar upside imho. When he rejected i threw in Eberle for Tatar which was essentially a waiver swap but I think an impactful one for a contending team. Still rejected.

So I'm taking a different tack. I made a pitch that I'd move nils lundqvist but I need a small plus because nils is closer and currently ranked higher at 8.8 to Hutson 8. I then added sharangovich who I don't think he's actually partial to in retrospect and Dustin wolf on his side- whom hes very partial to- lol! I think that was a bridge too far but I feel like the premise has merit.

Would you do:

Lundqvist and Zacha
    For
    Hutson and one of pastujov, marchenko, neigh orschnelveski?

Things to consider:

- im not competing now and won't be for at least two-three years (please no rants about long rebuilds- its the only way to contend in this league)
    - I like nils a ton but I feel like Hutson might have a tad more upside down the line.
    - elite d are what makes this league tick.
    - I like chmelevski the least of those four names but I know he's very high on the other two
    - I could replace zacha but hes halfway productive and has dual c and w eligibility. The guys I could sub in are sharangovich who he doesn't like, bertuzzi who i don't want to include, Eberle Hoglander and Domi- who were waiver adds and therefore less likely to be appealing.

Lastly I could just bite the bullet and offer one for kne. He gets a premier young D whose a lot closer to putting up big numbers where I get a bit more upside that I have to wait for.

Thoughts?

The Great One

Default Re: Hutson for Lundqvist

The perpetual rebuild continues…
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Star

There are no defensemen in the NHL today that are small as Hutson is, both by height or weight. If Hutson is to have any value, unless he's the outlier of all outliers, he must get bigger. If he's going to make it, it will take years for him to get to a Jared Spurgeon-level of size. Then he has to show he can defend. I love him as a player, but whenever a prospect has to do something that hasn't been done in order to make it, you think twice. Hutson is the guy you get for free and hope the lottery ticket hits. He isn't the guy you pay assets to get.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would not be offering those kind of assets for Hutson. He is showing loads of promise but until he cracks the nhl and proves he’s the real deal he is too risky. If you can get him for cheap sure but no way would I ever trade nils Lundkvist for Hutson!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    There are no defensemen in the NHL today that are small as Hutson is, both by height or weight. If Hutson is to have any value, unless he's the outlier of all outliers, he must get bigger. If he's going to make it, it will take years for him to get to a Jared Spurgeon-level of size. Then he has to show he can defend. I love him as a player, but whenever a prospect has to do something that hasn't been done in order to make it, you think twice. Hutson is the guy you get for free and hope the lottery ticket hits. He isn't the guy you pay assets to get.
    Totally agree. I also like Hutson but a ton of things have to happen for him to smell a spot in the NHL. Nils is there and should be a perennial point producer. IMO you are going way backwards and possibly adding 2-3 yrs of waiting for a possible NHL’er. That’s 2-3 more years where Montreal can use more picks to replace someone like Hutson. If you can get him, great but you shouldn’t give up players like Nils.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Ace

Bad idea.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk