Thread: Aho/Samsonov vs DeBrincat/Lee

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Aho/Samsonov vs DeBrincat/Lee

Roto 11 team auction league (keep 12)
    G/A/+/-/PIM/PPG/PPA/Hits/Blocks GAA/Saves/S%

My team (9f, 5d, 2g, 6 bench)
    F: Draisatl, Crosby, J Robertson, Hintz, Pettersson, DeBrincat, Tarasenko, Rust, Eriksson-Ek
    D: Josi, Trouba, Petry, Zadorov, Provorov
    G: Ullmark, Markstrom
    B: Necas, Cozens, Wheeler, Marchment, Lee, Durzi, Sanderson, Vladar
    IR : Wilson, Andersen

Here's the proposed trade

I give DeBrincat (69), Lee (10), Tarasenko (54), 1st 2024.
    I get Aho (83), Samsonov (55), Terevainen (20) or P Kane (95).

Goalies are scarce to come by. Nobody trades them or they cost a ton to acquire in this league. And my main categories where I am lacking due to Markstrom and Andersen not performing are goalie stats

Thoughts on this deal?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Aho/Samsonov vs DeBrincat/Lee

You get Aho, Samsonov and Patrick Kane for debrincat, tarasenko, anders Lee and a pick?

If he proposed that you smash accept and await the backlash as the rest of your league cry about you fleecing him.

I'll admit I do not know what auction league means

And I suspect "Lee" is someone else since I don't see anders Lee on your listed roster.

Yeah Anders Lew forgot to put him on the listed roster (will edit) For the auction, basically we bid on players. We have 1000$ cap for a 24 man roster.

In this case I'm getting most of the salary. I put them in the brackets. And they increase every year X the years since they've been drafted. So i.e for this trade Aho is at 83$ x 6 years, so would cost me 133 next year.

So basically Aho (83 x 6) (133), Samsonov (55 x 1) (66), Terevainen (20 x 2) (25) or P Kane (95 x 1) (114)

Vs

DeBrincat (69 x 6) (110), Lee (10 x 1 ) (20), Tarasenko (54 x 1.6) (87) and a 1st 2024

Dobber Sports Grand Master

What is your total team budget right now? Can you fit the salaries?

Also what value does a 1st have in an auction league? Is this a mid-season waiver draft or something?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

I have 154$ left. The way the draft works is we have an auction first with the dropped players and a random selection of the top scorers still in the free agent pool who aren't rookies.

Then we have the draft. This year Hamilton, Thompson, Karlsson, Wheeler went in the 1st for example. Newly drafted players are available as well.

There is no mid season waiver draft. We have blind bids every week from the waiver pool.

I can afford the difference in cap this year and next. It's more is it worth it or should I keep what I have?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Okay, so it's not pure auction, there is a draft at the start of the year. Was trying to figure out what the pick was for. Given that you're only keeping 12, and the pick is of some use, but not crucial, I'd do it.

If Teravainen is a good value keeper at that price, I'd prefer him over Kane.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.