Thread: Binnington vs Talbot, rest of season

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Binnington vs Talbot, rest of season

League in sig.

Just curious what the consensus is on these two.

I have a trade offer I'm mulling over. Guy wants my Hertl and Talbot, and the return is Binnington and 2 decent forwards.

My gut says no because Hertl is a solid FoW guy who's floor and ceiling are close.

But if someone wants to make a case for Binnington being a big upgrade(lol) on Talbot, I'm all ears
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Binnington vs Talbot, rest of season

Sorry folks. Apparently my phone hung and triple posted...

Dobber Sports Deity

Who are the "two decent forwards"?

I prefer Binnington to Talbot but there's more to this trade to consider than just the goalies.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

I prefer Binnington to Talbot but there's more to this trade to consider than just the goalies.
    Kadri and Hagel. Honestly, i would probably trim it to Kadri as hagel would be a drop on my roster.

My gut says no as I prefer Hertl. Hertl is quietly turning into that Ryan O'Reilly type who is a solid 60-70 points with a lot of FOW. In this league we have 5 spots for Centers so stacking FOW is a thing. I am in the top 4 teams for FOW and close to #2 and 3. the lady in 1st for FOW nobody can catch, but I can usually win that category every week as is.

in any case, the guy withdrew the offer within 10 minutes of my posting this question. But it was his starting offer and he was fishing while I was looking at other forwards I could ask for instead of Hagel (Nichushkin, Hyman, Landeskog)

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would stay with what you have. Binnington is a headcase and you don't want to deal with that. I also think Hertl is better than Kadri.
    League: 14 team H2H 12 category scoring: G/A/P/PPP/SHP/SOG/BLK~ W/L(Least)/GA(Least)/SV/SHO
    Bratt Pack: Team & Record: 43-43-10 (23 player roster with 6 IR positions and 2 NA positions)

C: Scheifele-WPG, Seguin-DAL(RW), Reinhart- FLA(RW), Monahan-MON, Parssinen-NSH
    LW: Laine-CLS(RW), Benn-DAL(C), Zucker-PIT, Sheary-WSH(RW), Maccelli-ARZ
    RW: Bratt-NJ, Fiala-LA(LW), Zacha-BOS(LW/C), Peterka-BUF(LW), Wilson-WSH IR
    D: Hamilton-NJ, Chabot-OTT, Trouba-NYR, Addison-MIN, Ekman-Larsson-VAN, Letang-PIT IR
    G: Saros-NSH, Kuemper-WSH, Schmid-NJ, Francouz-COL

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Ok, now he has amended the offer to Binnington for Talbot straight up and a slight 5th round pick upgrade. Talbot got lit up tonight and he is striking while I am weak and drinking lol

Binnington has 9 games out of 21 with a Sub 88.2% Sv. Talbot has only 3 bad games out of 13 and even in losses has kept his sv% at 91.2% or better.

My gut is telling me to stay away from the psychopath Binnington, but the pick upgrade and drinks have me considering

McDavid C