Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help, My Goalie Is A Psychopath

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Help, My Goalie Is A Psychopath

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/statu...26415171104769

But really, what should I do with this guy. Blues seem so inconsistent this year. I thought they looked great last year and with Husso gone, Binner would be the workhouse (which he is) on a team that could hopefully carry him. Not so much and we are almost a 1/3 of the way in.

Andersen is working with the Canes goalie coach this week, I am hoping he is back sooner than later. When he gets back, I will roll him, Samsonov (probably 50/50 with Murray going forward), and...keep Binnington hoping Blues right the ship? Drop for someone on waivers? He is a pain in the ass to try and trade I think. Or should I try to trade one of my high value Forwards or Dmen for a top 10 goalie? I've never tried to acquire a goalie for a skater before so I don't know what would be considered fair vs a slap in the face.

Some waiver options are:

Husso (dropped as the owner had to make room for someone coming back of IR this week)
    Swayman
    Kochetkov (will CAR deploy 3 goalies when Freddie returns? Raanta is spoken for)
    Cambell and Skinner both on waivers

Any advice appreciated. League Scoring in sig.
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Help, My Goalie Is A Psychopath

Carolina fans don't think kochetkov is going anywhere when Andersen gets healthy. Likely he will get a conditioning stint. Raanta also injured himself last night..

Pick up kochetkov immediately

Dobber Sports Stud

Also, I'd drop binnington for husso myself. Others may disagree

The Great One

Nah I agree. Binnington is a head case and is terrible. I also prefer Husso. I also agree Kotchketov is a good add for now.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Superstar

All goalies are psychopaths. Simple as that (:

However, of the psychopathic options you have listed I think Swayman and Kochetkov are the best. I prefer Swayman, I'm not sure what happens with Kochetkov once Freddie is back and Raanta is healthy.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    …and Raanta is healthy.
    Hahahahhahaha. Good one.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    All goalies are psychopaths. Simple as that (:

However, of the psychopathic options you have listed I think Swayman and Kochetkov are the best. I prefer Swayman, I'm not sure what happens with Kochetkov once Freddie is back and Raanta is healthy.
    Raanta is rarely healthy. Neither is Andersen to be fair.

Carolina just gave kochetkov a 4 year extension and raanta and andersen are UFA after this year and both have played meh.

Rod Brind-Amour was giving kochetkov consecutive starts even when they lost games and shelving a healthy Raanta. The team and players and coaches seem to love Kochetkov even though they need Svechnikov to translate for him lol

In any case, his extension = he ain't going anywhere. Likely they waive Raanta after Andersen is done his conditioning stint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Hahahahhahaha. Good one.
    Beat me to it LOL

Dobber Sports Superstar

You guys are probably right but with these psychopathic flakes who the hell knows. If LA can sign Petersen to a 3 year 5 Mil contract and then within months, waive him, well, like I say, who the hell knows. I just think Swayman is as good a choice and a safer one.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would drop Binnington and pick up Husso. I think I would also drop Binnington for Skinner as well.
    League: 14 team H2H 12 category scoring: G/A/P/PPP/SHP/SOG/BLK~ W/L(Least)/GA(Least)/SV/SHO
    Bratt Pack: Team & Record: 43-43-10 (23 player roster with 6 IR positions and 2 NA positions)

C: Scheifele-WPG, Seguin-DAL(RW), Reinhart- FLA(RW), Monahan-MON, Parssinen-NSH
    LW: Laine-CLS(RW), Benn-DAL(C), Zucker-PIT, Sheary-WSH(RW), Maccelli-ARZ
    RW: Bratt-NJ, Fiala-LA(LW), Zacha-BOS(LW/C), Peterka-BUF(LW), Wilson-WSH IR
    D: Hamilton-NJ, Chabot-OTT, Trouba-NYR, Addison-MIN, Ekman-Larsson-VAN, Letang-PIT IR
    G: Saros-NSH, Kuemper-WSH, Schmid-NJ, Francouz-COL

Thanks guys.

Sooo I actually just made a trade. Idk I think I did ok? Considering I was about to drop him, maybe this will work. Offered Binner and Horvat for Saros to the league manager. He accepted.. Did I get fleeced?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post
    Thanks guys.

Sooo I actually just made a trade. Idk I think I did ok? Considering I was about to drop him, maybe this will work. Offered Binner and Horvat for Saros to the league manager. He accepted.. Did I get fleeced?
    I think you have to look closely at what you can afford to lose on your roster and what you need an upgrade in. Looking at your roster you have goal scorers in Draisaitl, B.Tkachuk, Hintz, Pettersson and others. Your goalie situation is kind of a mess and adding Saros solidifies it a lot. So looking at all of that you made a fair trade. Was it a fantastic trade, no but it certainly will help your roster so it was a good trade for you. You were also going to drop him, so you got a really good goalie when you would have gotten nothing.
    League: 14 team H2H 12 category scoring: G/A/P/PPP/SHP/SOG/BLK~ W/L(Least)/GA(Least)/SV/SHO
    Bratt Pack: Team & Record: 43-43-10 (23 player roster with 6 IR positions and 2 NA positions)

D: Hamilton-NJ, Chabot-OTT, Trouba-NYR, Addison-MIN, Ekman-Larsson-VAN, Letang-PIT IR

So my thought process is/was, I am going to drop him for Husso or Kochetkov. In my mind he was Pretty much out the door either way. Ergo, am giving up Horvat for Saros. Imo Saros is above Husso for talent, and I believe in the Preds more than the Wings. It also frees up a slot for when Andersen is healthy to come off IR.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post
    So my thought process is/was, I am going to drop him for Husso or Kochetkov. In my mind he was Pretty much out the door either way. Ergo, am giving up Horvat for Saros. Imo Saros is above Husso for talent, and I believe in the Preds more than the Wings. It also frees up a slot for when Andersen is healthy to come off IR.
    Definitely a really good trade for you. Once Andersen comes back you will have a solid trio of goalies in Saros, Andersen and Samsonov.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Nothing to add here, other than this is an excellent discussion of how to actually improve one's team by trading a strength to fill a weakness.

Using Horvat's crazy production so far and a guy you were going to drop anyway to get a solid "Tier 1" goalie and open a spot on your roster to accommodate Andersen coming off IR or whatever else you do with that spot is solid GM work.

Nice one.

Thanks man! Repped all where I could.