Thread: Spencer Martin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Spencer Martin

Thoughts on Martin now that Demko is injured? The Canucks suck so is it too unrealistic to expect decent Wins and SV% from Spencer for the next month or so?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Spencer Martin

You kind of summed it up. I think the Canucks do indeed suck but they don't suck as much as there records show. We lost 7 in a row to start the season. Since then we have pretty much been a 500 hockey team. So I guess a bottom third team in the league but right on the edge to being middle of the pack. We also expose the crap out of our goalie from time to time but Martin has been known to put in some spectacular performances.

I guess I would say pick him up only if your desperate for starts as he will be in net virtually every game moving forward.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    You kind of summed it up. I think the Canucks do indeed suck but they don't suck as much as there records show. We lost 7 in a row to start the season. Since then we have pretty much been a 500 hockey team. So I guess a bottom third team in the league but right on the edge to being middle of the pack. We also expose the crap out of our goalie from time to time but Martin has been known to put in some spectacular performances.

I guess I would say pick him up only if your desperate for starts as he will be in net virtually every game moving forward.
    With Andersen on the shelf, I picked up Raanta but he has been terrible so I'm looking for someone to fill in until Andersen comes back. Another option I'm considering is Murray but since I'm in a cap league, I'd have to drop a player to fit him. I'm more confident in Murray than Martin, the team he plays for being a major reason, but I wonder if Murray will be splitting starts with Samsonov.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    With Andersen on the shelf, I picked up Raanta but he has been terrible so I'm looking for someone to fill in until Andersen comes back. Another option I'm considering is Murray but since I'm in a cap league, I'd have to drop a player to fit him. I'm more confident in Murray than Martin, the team he plays for being a major reason, but I wonder if Murray will be splitting starts with Samsonov.
    Kochetkov is the future in Carolina. Even when Raanta was healthy RBA was playing Koochie several games straight. Even if he lost. Then they just extended Kochetkov for 4 years and with Raanta and Andersen both UFA.....

Yeah Kochetkov is going to be at LEAST a 1B
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

The Great One

Agree Kotchketov is a decent play until Anderssen is back. Murray will not only split starts he’ll be the back up soon enough. Still not a terrible gap fill for now though. Picking him up would depend on who you’d have to drop…
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm aware of Kochetkov 's situation but he is not available.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Agree Kotchketov is a decent play until Anderssen is back. Murray will not only split starts he’ll be the back up soon enough. Still not a terrible gap fill for now though. Picking him up would depend on who you’d have to drop…
    I'd have to drop one of DeAngelo, Dunn or Burakovsky.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd have to drop one of DeAngelo, Dunn or Burakovsky.
    DeAngelo would have to be that drop in that situation unfortunately.
    League: 14 team H2H 12 category scoring: G/A/P/PPP/SHP/SOG/BLK~ W/L(Least)/GA(Least)/SV/SHO
    Bratt Pack: Team & Record: 43-43-10 (23 player roster with 6 IR positions and 2 NA positions)

C: Scheifele-WPG, Seguin-DAL(RW), Reinhart- FLA(RW), Monahan-MON, Parssinen-NSH
    LW: Laine-CLS(RW), Benn-DAL(C), Zucker-PIT, Sheary-WSH(RW), Maccelli-ARZ
    RW: Bratt-NJ, Fiala-LA(LW), Zacha-BOS(LW/C), Peterka-BUF(LW), Wilson-WSH IR
    D: Hamilton-NJ, Chabot-OTT, Trouba-NYR, Addison-MIN, Ekman-Larsson-VAN, Letang-PIT IR
    G: Saros-NSH, Kuemper-WSH, Schmid-NJ, Francouz-COL

Dobber Sports Stud

I would not hesitate to drop TDA. He's getting dropped more often than a junior high girlfriend.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Stud

Since this seems to be a hot thread, can I chime in? VV, if I'm hijacking feel free to tell me to start a new one. But I'm in a similar situation. I missed picking up Kochetkov this morning but I *might* be able to get the owner to trade him to me for Murray. If not, with Samsonov back I'm afraid I'm gonna be looking for starts until Andersen gets back. Varlamov, Grubauer and Allen are the only available G's who are getting decent minutes. I'd drop a F to grab one. Which one?
    IR+

The Great One

I’d probably go Allen there as you do have SV.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Drop Rust & Grab Allen.
    League: 14 team H2H 12 category scoring: G/A/P/PPP/SHP/SOG/BLK~ W/L(Least)/GA(Least)/SV/SHO
    Bratt Pack: Team & Record: 43-43-10 (23 player roster with 6 IR positions and 2 NA positions)

C: Scheifele-WPG, Seguin-DAL(RW), Reinhart- FLA(RW), Monahan-MON, Parssinen-NSH
    LW: Laine-CLS(RW), Benn-DAL(C), Zucker-PIT, Sheary-WSH(RW), Maccelli-ARZ
    RW: Bratt-NJ, Fiala-LA(LW), Zacha-BOS(LW/C), Peterka-BUF(LW), Wilson-WSH IR
    D: Hamilton-NJ, Chabot-OTT, Trouba-NYR, Addison-MIN, Ekman-Larsson-VAN, Letang-PIT IR
    G: Saros-NSH, Kuemper-WSH, Schmid-NJ, Francouz-COL

Dobber Sports Stud

Sorry - I had not updated my signature. Already dropped Rust for Burakovsky. But you guys think Allen over Martin?
    IR+

The Great One

Yeah probably. Habs are better than the Canucks right now
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take Martin over Murray, especially in a cap league. Murray should be splitting with or backing up Samsonov when Samsonov returns. Best thing the Leafs can do is run Samsonov, and if it works get a cheaper extension done in-season.

Quote Originally Posted by jimc21 View Post
    Since this seems to be a hot thread, can I chime in? VV, if I'm hijacking feel free to tell me to start a new one. But I'm in a similar situation. I missed picking up Kochetkov this morning but I *might* be able to get the owner to trade him to me for Murray. If not, with Samsonov back I'm afraid I'm gonna be looking for starts until Andersen gets back. Varlamov, Grubauer and Allen are the only available G's who are getting decent minutes. I'd drop a F to grab one. Which one?
    I think I like Allen slightly more than Martin, given that Allen is likely to hold value more. Varlamov and Marting are about even for me, depending on what you want, volume or rates. Everybody over Grubauer.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.