Thread: More Trade Needed

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default More Trade Advice Needed

Hey guys,

Team and league details in the sig below. Apologies as I did ask something very similar to this before. I'm just hoping to get a few more opinions. Buddy in my league seems pretty desperate for a D. It sounds like he would be willing to move Kyle Connor for my Hamilton or Carlson (he seems more keen on Hamilton). If I made the trade, I could possibly replace Hamilton with Weegar, DeAngelo, Provorov, or Byram.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

The Great One

Default Re: More Trade Needed

I would prefer Carlson for Connor. None of those potential replacements are anywhere near Hamilton. Carlson and the Caps are aging and not all that gracefully.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Tweet beat me to it. You (much like me it seems based on your roster) value Dmen over Forwards to a certain extent in 1 year points leagues. Connor is elite, and I would be happy to trade for him with either Carlson or Hamilton since you would still have Fox and one of those two. Go for it!
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post
    Tweet beat me to it. You (much like me it seems based on your roster) value Dmen over Forwards to a certain extent in 1 year points leagues. Connor is elite, and I would be happy to trade for him with either Carlson or Hamilton since you would still have Fox and one of those two. Go for it!
    It's actually a categories league... not sure if that changes your opinion on the matter :/
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ah shoot missed that. Of the top of my head I would deal Carlson right now over Hamilton, the +/- for Carlson sucks. On the Connor side, he would be a massive upgrade over Toffoli for everything else except maybe hits?
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah, agreed with the above. I would try to move Carlson over Hamilton as the latter has more value to me in cats leagues.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I agree with the others, Hamilton is the offensive d-man for the Devils in a group of talented defensemen. I would hold onto him. Carlsson is basically the same on the Capitals, but what remains on his d-group is not quite as talented as what the Devils put out on their blue line. Carlsson also has a few years on Hamilton so that should factor in. I also think for some reason you would probably get a better return for Carlsson than Hamilton. So let Carlsson go for Kyle Connor.