Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Well folks, what do you think of this one?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Well folks, what do you think of this one?

I seldom post asking for feedback on a trade I've made, but I also seldom make a deal with this many pieces, I like to keep it simple, but it didn't play out that way this time. I needed to shake things up, I have struggled for a few years now finishing just out of the money and this year was tracking the same. In a rut so to speak. Good, but not good enough. It wasn't an easy decision to finally throw in the towel, but it was time for some change. This is for the team in my sig, but it does need to be updated. So here is the trade that was made:

I moved out Kucherov, Jeannot, Bunting, Tinordi and a 2023 9th round draft pick

I received Holtz, Rossi, Schiefle, Brandt Clarke, Cernak, Swayman, Dustin Wolf and a 2023 1st round draft pick which will be a lottery pick, 3rd overall at worst.

I certainly moved out a lot of high-quality fantasy assets, but I think the return was fair. What does the forum think?
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Well folks, what do you think of this one?

I find that rebuilding is something that varies heavily across fantasy leagues. The market for picks and prospects vs 'win-now' pieces differs quite a bit depending on the league you are in (which seems to be a function of the personalities of the GMs of the league you're in). Which makes this a tough question to answer. It might sound strange but if you have other GMs in your league opinionating, those opinions are probably more valid than what you'll get here, since those opinions are probably relative to other deals like this in your particular league.

That being said, I think you did well here. Kucherov is an offensive ace and Jeannot is a huge Hits contributor, but outside of that, you didn't give much up.

You got a lot for what you gave. Holtz is a shooter and (hopefully) a scorer in the future. Rossi is having a tough time right now but I think he'll figure it out. Some circles regard Wolf as a top 3 G prospect. Swayman, despite Ullmark having a better year currently, is probably the future of the B's net. Clarke is a great D prospect. Then finally and most importantly you have a top 3 pick in 2023. You're not going to miss out on a superstar here and that superstar could be Bedard. That's a huge asset right there.

Plus, you can turn around and ship out Schiefle and Cernak for some good assets too.

Great deal in my opinion.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I personally think you did extremely well here Bubba. Obviously it must be tough to move Kucherov, but I really like Clarke and Rossi, and I personally think this draft's top 4 with Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli and Carlsson is very strong. I remember in coaching minor hockey there were some years where that year's class was just head and shoulders above the ages older and younger. Then, add in Scheifele who is an established ppg guy with solid trade value on his own. Finally, you added two young goalies and Holtz who has high upside. I like it.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Holtz, Rossi, Clarke, Swayman, and Wolf are future Stars of the league, so you have set yourself up very well for the future. That does not even include the fact that you have a shot at what could be the best of them all in Bedard in the draft. Kucherov is a top player, but for how many more seasons, and he gets injured quite frequently. Bunting had a fantastic season last year and can't seem to get it together even on the top line with the superstars he is skating with so that is not much of a loss at all. Jeannot is a one trick pony with Hits that you can most likely find on the Waiver Wire with another player or two. Add to that you received Scheifele who seems to have a resurgence in Winnipeg and could get another prospect or two out of him. You did really well in this trade.

Dobber Sports Icon

Love this trade for you, and people forget Scheifele is still only 29 so should still be relevant when you’re competing again. Nice work!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Star

That's a good spread for Kucherov and Jeannot. It is more like a re-tooling than a rebuilding. Thumbs up.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I just updated my sig, so perhaps that puts things into a better context. I must admit I was happy with the return; glad the forum seems to agree. I also like senryu's take, I'm trying to avoid a full blown rebuild, a re-tool sounds much better (:

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I have a couple thoughts.

First one is actually with the post. I lost Schiefele in the mass of the return on first & second read. If he was the first guy you listed, it would've been more easy for me to see. I have no idea why, but I think it's because the give was listed best to least. Not being critical, just pointing it out, because it's noteworthy to me.

I like the return, mostly because you gave up 3 assets, one major one in Kucherov. Tinordi & a 9th are filler. You got a lot of possibilities back, and a good player in Schiefele. That pick should be flippable for a high end player if you go that route, or you can draft and hold. It also should make you a bit worse skater-wise this year, while also helping your goalie depth.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Thanks for the reply steve, I was pleased to be able to get a return that should improve my forwards, defence and goaltending, it is a decent balance in that respect..... I'm hoping (:

"First one is actually with the post. I lost Schiefele in the mass of the return on first & second read. If he was the first guy you listed, it would've been more easy for me to see. I have no idea why, but I think it's because the give was listed best to least. Not being critical, just pointing it out, because it's noteworthy to me."

I see what you're saying. However, if you look at it from a different perspective, I think it's logical. Your right, the give was listed best to least, but, so was the return. While the gives perspective was indeed this year, the returns perspective was not for this year but for following year, certainly two years from now, which of course is the whole idea here. A slight fluctuation in the hive mind (:

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Without thinking too much on it I think you hit a homer on your reset trade. Prospects are always a risk but the payoff could be huge, plus getting Scheifle back in the mix gives you a quality player now to buy some time for the young guys to develop. The extra 1st round pick in a very deep draft is a nice bonus. Well done!
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Ace

Love this deal. Well done.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You made out like a bandit! I mean Kucherov is an offensive juggernaut but you got a lot of blue chip assets and a 2023 1st. This is how one rebuilds!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Easy win imo… well done
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well done.
    I don't think that could have turned out much better than what you received in return.

That return certainly makes this more of a retool on the fly trade.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I see what you're saying. However, if you look at it from a different perspective, I think it's logical. Your right, the give was listed best to least, but, so was the return. While the gives perspective was indeed this year, the returns perspective was not for this year but for following year, certainly two years from now, which of course is the whole idea here. A slight fluctuation in the hive mind (:
    But our hive mind isn't supposed to have different perspectives. What is happening?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.