Thread: Trying to sell high on a number of assets with different possible deals

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Trying to sell high on a number of assets with different possible deals

I may be able to get the following mostly stud defensemen (my team need): Theodore, Dobson, Heiskanen, Power, or Bouchard.

I am also trying to sell the following in my league with the main reasons:

• Gostisbehere (Selling high and he is likely a trade candidate from ARI anyhow)
    • Hronek (Selling high and I have Seider and Raymond.)
    • Dach (Selling high and I have Caufield.)
    • Boeser (I've lost faith, but I recognize I am selling low.)
    • C. Stephenson (Not really trying to sell, but open to it because I just traded for Eichel)
    • Hertl (Selling high and he's performing at a PPG pace after a strong year and SJS aren't going anywhere.)
    • Nylander (Less inclined to be selling high and he usually doesn't play with Matthews)

Potential starting points I have thought of:
    (1) Dach and Hertl for Theodore+
    (2) Hronek and Ghost for Bouchard+
    (3) Hronek and Boeser for Bouchard+
    (4) C. Stephenson and Dach for Power+
    (5) Nylander and Dach for Heiskanen+
    (6) Hronek and Boeser for Dobson

+: means adding some smaller pieces

Are there combinations that you would support, add, or outright remove?

All in all, my team is doing quite well and I'm happy with it, but I want to capitalize on high performances. I am on the fringe of contending this year, but I don't think this is a year I will be able to compete with the stronger teams.
    League #1 | Yahoo! Single Season 8-team H2H (no cap)
    4 Skater categories: G, A, HITS, BLKS
    • Positions are LW, C, RW

3 Goalie categories: W, GAA, SV%

–––

League #2
    | Yahoo! Dynasty 6-team H2H
    (no cap) main team (23 keepers out of 23), with minors (15 keepers out of 23)
    • Consecutive champions must drop 2 extra players
    • Consecutive last place finishers receives 2 extra keepers

6 Skater categories: G, A, TOI, HITS, BLKS, PP-P
    • Positions are either F or D

4 Goalie categories: W, L, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Trying to sell high on a number of assets with different possible deals

most of those D I would say present 2 for 1 deals to the owner, none of which include Nylander who I advise you retain. Going for Theodore, Dobson, or Heiskanen I would attempt deals with a combo of Ghost and one of Dach, Boeser, Hertl. Ditch the plus mentality and just try to move two for one. If nobody bites then just keep your assets, I can see continued success for all.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Trying to sell high on a number of assets with different possible deals

In Nylander and Hertl you do have some valuable assets and you might be able to move one of them for a D. If you need a sweetener, fine. Certainly, the other guys you are trying to move will likely take a 2 for 1. However, as a starting point I would recommend you pick your target and then take a good look at that team and try and determine if there is a clear weakness that you can help the other GM address. In other words, if you know what the other GM needs, you offer him that if you can. Use the same strategy when you approach any of the owners of those D you want.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf