Thread: What should I offer for Robertson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default What should I offer for Robertson

Hello,

i want his Robertson and maybe Hintz,

should I offer him my Heiskanen and who else?? Ideas? I do not want to give to much in my Dynasty format.I could replace Heimkamen with Byram who is coming back from IR. Or should I do not try to get Robertson? I have Hughes, Dubois etc.

Thx.
    Dynasty 10 Teams, H2H league
    keep max 10

F1: B.Tkachuk, Zibanejad, M.Tkachuk
    F2: T.Stuetzle, J.Hughes, T.Meier
    F3: Kaprizov, E.Petterson, A.Svechnikov
    F4: O.Tippet, Suzuki, Wyatt Johnston
    F-Bench: V.Nichuskin
    G: Oettinger

G-Bench: Demko, Kochetkov

D: A.Fox, E.Bouchard, Heiskanen,
    Werenski, K´Andre Miller, C.York, J.Chychrun
    D Bench: Romanov, Mintyukov

IR/IR+:
    S.Bennett,

Rosters of 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4 Bench, 3IR, 1IR+, 2NA, and categories of G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FOW, HIT, BLK, GS, W, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: What should I offer for Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by vivatherangers View Post
    Hello,

should I offer him my Heiskanen and who else?? Ideas? I do not want to give to much in my Dynasty format.I could replace Heimkamen with Byram who is coming back from IR. Or should I do not try to get Robertson? I have Hughes, Dubois etc.

Thx.
    If you are going into this with this mentality, I dont imagine you're going to make a deal. Robertson is leading the league in scoring so if you aren't willing to pony up your best players in order to get one of the best players, you are just wasting your time, and theirs.

In your opinion, what is his teams weakness? If you are going to be taking away one of his strengths in Robertson, you best be boosting up a weakness on his roster at the very least.

Personally, if it's me on the other end with Robertson, I am looking at guys like Kaprizov, BTkachuk, JHughes, MTkatchuk, Vasilevskiy, Fox. If you aren't leading with one of those names, I am not interested. Heiskanen as a key piece isn't going to cut it for Robertson. That's just me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

You are going to have to go big to get Robertson right now. He is leading the league in scoring so Heiskanen plus a player isn't going to cut it. Adding Jack Hughes would be nice to the pot and you can see where they go with that, but since you said you didn't want to go all out I am not sure you want to go the Jack Hughes route.

Dobber Sports Titan

I would say don't even approach the GM today with a deal that involves Robertson. You're buying at an all time high, and you're not approaching it with a realistic offer.

I don't think Robertson is a 128pt, 68g forward. But with his start he can easily be a 100pt guy this yr. However that means he'll be a 64pt in his final 59games. Acquiring Robertson now you're paying more than what I think he'll offer the final stretch of the yr.

This is just my guess for the future production but:
    59gp, 6.0total Shot Attempts/gp, 60% of them getting through for, 212sog (3.60sog/gp). 18s% (huge number, but that's him) for 38g. He's typically more goals than assists, so 38G:35A. He's then up to 73pts/59gp to finish the season with a stat line of 57G, 52A, 109pts.

Your League cats with his end of season totals (and what he contributes to your team):
    G - 57G (38g)
    A - 52A (35a)
    +/- - +20 (+7)
    PIM - 20PIM (12PIM)
    PPP - 31ppp (19ppp)
    SHP, GWG - Can't track or guess accurately
    SOG - 309sog (212sog). This is a big jump. If you don't think he can get to 300sog, then it's a big question on the other stuff above.
    FOW - 0 (0)
    HIT - 50hits (37hits)
    BLK - 45blocks (26blocks)

It doesn't hurt to ask the GM, but I would be floored if you don't need to over spend wildly to acquire Robertson.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If I had Robertson on my roster and was thinking of trading him, he would have to only go for a very elite top player right now because that is where he is at.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by vivatherangers View Post
    Hello,

Thx.
    You've got what looks like a good team. To get, you need to give, and Heiskanen + somebody better than Heiskanen might get you Robertson, especially if they need a goalie.

I'd offer Vasilevskiy if you really want Robertson, but don't want to give up a high end skater. However, it seems like you want to give a couple solid guys for a star in a league that isn't deep with prospects. Wallstedt is another option, but they have to be bad, wanting to rebuild, and for some reason think Robertson doesn't fit their timeline - aka being dumb.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You are picking a bad time to go after Roberston. He is a an elite superstar and will cost a fortune
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

The Great One

I don’t believe there is any price you can pay at this point. Maybe McDavid +. Otherwise forget about it.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Superstar

I have to agree with all the other comments, Robertson's value right now is right there with the very best playing in the NHL and you are going to have to pay and pay big if you want a shot at landing him. Heiskanen would be a throw in in addition to the key piece that would very likely be required to get the OGM's attention. The names of that potential key piece have already been mentioned in this thread. Axe is also bang on in recommending you look at potential weakness on the OGM's team and offer the kind of player that significantly addresses those weaknesses.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I don’t believe there is any price you can pay at this point. Maybe McDavid +. Otherwise forget about it.
    Of course I would not offer McDavid, Matthews, Mackinnon, or Makar for Robertson. Not even right now. I would offer Kucherov for Robertson, especially in a Dynasty league.
    League: 14 team H2H 12 category scoring: G/A/P/PPP/SHP/SOG/BLK~ W/L(Least)/GA(Least)/SV/SHO
    Bratt Pack: Team & Record: 43-43-10 (23 player roster with 6 IR positions and 2 NA positions)

C: Scheifele-WPG, Seguin-DAL(RW), Reinhart- FLA(RW), Monahan-MON, Parssinen-NSH
    LW: Laine-CLS(RW), Benn-DAL(C), Zucker-PIT, Sheary-WSH(RW), Maccelli-ARZ
    RW: Bratt-NJ, Fiala-LA(LW), Zacha-BOS(LW/C), Peterka-BUF(LW), Wilson-WSH IR
    D: Hamilton-NJ, Chabot-OTT, Trouba-NYR, Addison-MIN, Ekman-Larsson-VAN, Letang-PIT IR
    G: Saros-NSH, Kuemper-WSH, Schmid-NJ, Francouz-COL

The Great One

And let’s not forget there are some terrible fatasy GMs out there. You never know. Guy in one of my leagues just traded Tage Thompson, Sebastian Aho (Canes) and a 10th for Kadri, Nylander, and a 12th. YGTBFSM.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Don't trade vasilevsjiy- definitely Italy don't add to Vasile skin for him- jebus...

I agree your heiskanen plus idea likely won't get it done- but it is worth a shot if he needs D and thats team strength for you. If he needs goalies I also wouldn't move oettinger as he's starting to look like a future top 5 option. Demko should be intriguing especially if the rumors are true and he ends up in LA (fml as a petersen owner ).

I think IF that trade happens and you add heiskanen its got to be worth considering if he's weak at either spot.

I'll agree with the consensus that targeting robertson with the idea that you do t want to give up any good players to get him is likely not a great starting position. You'd have to be in a dummy league- and thise are boring anyways- or you're trying to pullage a guy and thats not a sustainable position. Guys learn from their mistakes or they quit- lol! In either case a few trades like that is all you'll likely be able to make. I strive to find win win trades- they can exist and leave everyone better off...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

All I got was "Hi, I want an elite player without giving up much"... Heiskanen alone won't even come close to a sniff for Robertson, and MAYBE Hintz?!?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Marz View Post
    All I got was "Hi, I want an elite player without giving up much"... Heiskanen alone won't even come close to a sniff for Robertson, and MAYBE Hintz?!?
    *Breaks out the popcorn��
    10 Teams
    Keeper max 18 of 23 + 5 minors
    NHL Cap Hit
    G, A, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, FOW, Takeaways
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Trocheck, Fantilli, Staal, Glendening, Mittlestadt, Bjugstad

W
    B. Tkachuk, Pastrnak,
    Perfetti, Giroux, Byfield, Reinhart, Svechnikov, Quinn

D
    Lauzon, Schenn, Englund, Hakanpaa, Korchinski

G
    Sorokin, Ersson

Minors
    Wallstedt, Wolf, Jiricek