Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kings place Cal Petersen on waivers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Kings place Cal Petersen on waivers

shocked he didn't get claimed, especially by the likes of Buffalo with over 20 mil in cap space.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    shocked he didn't get claimed, especially by the likes of Buffalo with over 20 mil in cap space.
    I am not shocked at all. He's floundering and two more years at $5M per isn't an easy pill to swallow for a lot of teams. Expensive gamble. I think there's some history between Petersen and Buffalo (he was drafted by Buffalo) but I can't confirm anything there.

Do I think Petersen is a legit NHL goalie, yes. Is he struggling right now, without a doubt. A lot of goalies are struggling early on. Markstrom said in the post game interview that his game sucks right now. Campbell is struggling. Bobrovsky is struggling. Even Shesterkin is struggling by his own account. Same for Vasilevskiy. I do think that this is a good thing for Petersen long term. Short term is doesn't look good, but sometimes a reset is a good thing.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am not shocked at all. He's floundering and two more years at $5M per isn't an easy pill to swallow for a lot of teams. Expensive gamble. I think there's some history between Petersen and Buffalo (he was drafted by Buffalo) but I can't confirm anything there.

Do I think Petersen is a legit NHL goalie, yes. Is he struggling right now, without a doubt. A lot of goalies are struggling early on. Markstrom said in the post game interview that his game sucks right now. Campbell is struggling. Bobrovsky is struggling. Even Shesterkin is struggling by his own account. Same for Vasilevskiy. I do think that this is a good thing for Petersen long term. Short term is doesn't look good, but sometimes a reset is a good thing.
    I agree with all your points for sure. I look at a team like Buffalo with all that cap space though and reliance on a forty plus year old goalie and say well it's probably worth a shot since Comrie didn't look great either.

Dobber Sports Monster

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but the contract is also backloaded. He makes 4 mill this year, 5 next, then 6 the year after. That can't be helping trade conversations, if they are even happening.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally, I wish Edmonton would do something similar to this with Jack Campbell. Sure, it is a bad look considering the contract he just signed, but clearly Campbell's confidence is non-existent right now, much like Petersen's. No one is going to claim Campbell so send him to the AHL to gain some confidence, then bring him back up after he's got his poop together and is ready to contribute. I can tell you most goalies will tell you playing that position is as much between the ears as it is between the pipes. If you're missing that between-the-ears component, it's harder to stop the puck.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Went to the Reign game against Bakersfield a few days ago, he looked locked in. Thinking the stint in Ontario should help him regain confidence and wouldn't surprise me to see him back in the show sooner than later.
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Grand Master

So Peteresen is getting his game together in the AHL, and Copley is playing well in the NHL.

I'm thinking they might try this with Quick as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm thinking they should have sent both Quick and Petersen to the minors at the same time.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Kings should make a play for Vejmelka.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

The Great One

The water cooler gossip is that they're interested in demko- don't ask me why they think he'd be available though...

Dobber Sports Wizard

im assuming they are interested in every above average player in NHL:P more of a fact than a gossip..
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones