Thread: Overall Goalie Help

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Overall Goalie Help

14 team keeper/cap league. 27 players, max 4 goalies. Start two goalies a week. Goalie cats are W, sv% and GAA

Started the season thinking goalies were a strength (they have been for awhile) but they have been my downfall and looking at help to get out of it.

Current goalies are:
    Demko
    Swayman
    Gustavsson
    Fredrick Andersen (IR)
    MacKenzie Blackwood (IR)

1) Goalies are gold in this league so they are hard to trade for. I might be able to get a Skinner or Kochetkov but they want William Nylander in return. Thoughts?
    2) Once Andersen/Blackwood are healthy, who are your 4 keepers? I guess it comes down to Gustavsson or Blackwood as the #4.

Should I just ride out the storm and hope the goalie voodoo thing works its way out?

Thanks for your advice.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Overall Goalie Help

Blackwood is most likely going to be traded before the trade deadline once he gets healthy. The Devils going into the season wanted him to be the starter and that is not going to happen now. Then came along Akira Schmid and now Blackwood is trade bait so I would hang onto him and see where he ends up and what his status is. Gustavsson with MAF back is not really worth having on the roster.

I do think Demko will improve and when Frederik Andersen returns you will have a good tandem with Swayman on a very good team making a solid #3 goalie.

Dobber Sports Pro

I would wait this out. Demko is having a horrific year but he should rebound and Swayman might take a small step back in terms of volume this year but he's as good as Ullmark and could take the reins whenever. Andersen is also solid when healthy.

I'd have Blackwood slightly ahead of Gustavsson at this time but that can change quickly.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Andersen
    Demko
    Swayman
    Gustavsson
    (gap)
    MacKenzie Blackwood (IR)

I'd look to deal Blackwood while he's on IR or at least get the deal worked out. He's the worst goalie of the 5 talent wise. I am not convinced he's good enough to be the backup in NJ at this point, as he's been outplayed by Schmid & Daws onve the last two seasons.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.