Thread: Kakko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kakko

This year and next - Can he turn it around and become relevant or pass, thinking of taking a chance on him.

I can always dump him if he doesnt become more productive for another cheap player

Thanks in advance

Wallbanger
    Wallbanger

F(9 Start - 82 games)- Matthews, Marner, Point, Barkov, Larkin, Raymond, Zadina Dennisenko, Farabee, Tolvannen, Palat, Mcann , Carter , Barre Boulet
    D(6 Start - 82 games)- Makar,Hughes, Seider, Dobson, Josi, Grelcyk
    G(1 start - 82 games)- Sorokin, Varly

12 Team Year long Pool- No hits
    Salary Cap - $88M
    23 man Roster - keep 13
    no farm
    ------------------------------------------------------

G=3, A=2, +/-=+1/-1, PIM=.2, SOG=.1
    W=4, L=-2, Save=.1, SO=5

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Kakko

man i dunno. hes burning circles in my head too. I'm in no rush so ima hold for now but starting to think there's better out there (Mercer??)
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Monster

Worth a try. Don't know the context but if you can just replace him later then sure, I'd give it a crack. He's taking a while but I have heard some reports that he is 'snakebitten' so maybe he starts to produce a bit more. Keep expectations modest and don't overpay for it but sure he's a diceroll option.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Pro

He's started to shoot a little more this and his SH% is down so hopefully, that's a sign of better things to come. He skated with Panarin last game, apparently so that's another positive. But man, the scoring simply isn't there so I'd be ready to drop rather quickly.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What seems to be the problem with the Rangers right now is there is no production other than from Panarin, Mika, and Kreider. The thing is with Kakko is he is still very young as some of these other Rangers are and they could easily heat up and go on a streak. I would still give him a longer leash and see what happens.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Personally, I still have high hopes for Kakko... My biggest issue isn't the way he plays but rather his deployment over the years. The kid can't get a sniff of PP1 even when he's the best player on the ice that night. GG strictly uses PP1 the majority of the time, and he's been trying to get his top guys going. Panarin, Ziban, and Kreider are not nearly on the same level as they were last season, which doesn't help Kakko's case either. I have no doubt Kakko is a star in the making, and if you actually watch him play he's fantastic with the puck and even better defensively. I would love to see GG put Kakko on the PK to boost his confidence, if he won't see any PP1 time. I'm also not a fan of Trocheck playing bumper on PP1, why not put Kreider there and give Kakko the opportunity down low or on the half wall? Rangers need to change something soon and hopefully it'll benefit Kakko sooner than later. Most people who have been following Kakko think his real breakout season is only going to be next year - I wouldn't be surprised if even pops off randomly before this seasons end.