View Poll Results: Which players will at least maintain their current paces?

Voters
38. This poll is closed
  • Mathew Barzal (Current Scoring Pace = 89)

15 39.47%
  • Andre Burakovsky (Current Scoring Pace = 82)

2 5.26%
  • Kirby Dach (Current Scoring Pace = 66)

8 21.05%
  • Alexander Georgiev (Current GAA = 2.29; Current SV% = .933)

8 21.05%
  • Nico Hischier (Current Scoring Pace = 94)

11 28.95%
  • Bo Horvat (Current Scoring Pace = 90)

4 10.53%
  • Filip Hronek (Current Scoring Pace = 74)

2 5.26%
  • Travis Konecny (Current Scoring Pace = 92)

0 0%
  • Dylan Larkin (Current Scoring Pace = 94)

14 36.84%
  • Martin Necas (Current Scoring Pace = 89)

8 21.05%
  • Brock Nelson (Current Scoring Pace = 78)

2 5.26%
  • Elias Pettersson (Current Scoring Pace = 98)

20 52.63%
  • Alex Pietrangelo (Current Scoring Pace = 75)

4 10.53%
  • Mikhail Sergachev (Current Scoring Pace = 78)

5 13.16%
  • Jeff Skinner (Current Scoring Pace = 82)

1 2.63%
  • Nick Suzuki (Current Scoring Pace = 94)

10 26.32%
  • Troy Terry (Current Scoring Pace = 82)

8 21.05%
  • Logan Thompson (Current GAA = 2.48; Current SV% = .920)

13 34.21%
  • Alex Tuch (Current Scoring Pace = 82)

4 10.53%
  • Vitek Vanecek (Current GAA =2.05; Current SV% = .923)

9 23.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Sustainable Strong Starts?

The Great One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Sustainable Strong Starts?

We're now far enough into the season to get a better picture of whether some players are for real, or just still in the midst of hot starts. This poll, which I run every season, asks you to decide which of the 20 choices can sustain - or even improve upon - their current stats. That means you should vote for any and all skaters you believe can at least sustain their current scoring pace, while for goalies it's keep their GAA at least this low and their SV% at least this high. For skaters, they don't actually need to finish with this many points, only keep their scoring rate this high. If you don't see a "hot" player among the voting choices, it's because either it's too farfetched to even consider him keeping up his current pace, or simply because I felt these 20 were closer calls.

As usual, please post in the thread who you voted for and why, so we can get better insight into the selections.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Sustainable Strong Starts?

My votes went to:

Barzal - How could I not vote for him after one of my 17 Fearless Forecasts called for him to set a career high in points?
    Horvat - I think he's always had this in him but prioritized less selfish play, except now he's a UFA to be so he's upping the ante to get paid
    Larkin - He's always been this good, but finally the talent level on his team is enough for him to show what he's really made of
    Suzuki - An immense talent playing for the perfect coach, plus he's found amazing chemistry with Cole Caufiled, who looks like one of the NHL's next great goal scorers
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

My votes went to Georgiev, Hischier and Vanacek. Georgiev, much like Kuemper last year, plays behind an amazing team that doesn't give up much. He's golden. I've watched a LOT of Devils games this year and that team is legit. They are the Eastern version of Colorado. Fast and deep. They control the play so well that they don't give up much.

The rest are riding high but not sure I trust them to keep up the pace.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Petersson, Barzal, and Pietrangelo for me. Thought about Larkin, Horvat, and Suzuki. I like a lot of these guys to have their breakout year (Necas, Vanacek, Georgiev) or maintain a high production (Skinner, Hischier, Terry) in addition to Larkin, Horvat, and Suzuki but to maintain their current pace would be a tall ask.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Dach, Terry, Tuch, and Vanecek for me
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Larkin.

But close on Horvat and Dach.

others can only wish….
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Genius

Larkin, Petterson, Thompson and Vancek. Larkin and Petterson have the talent to be 90+ point players. Thompson stats aren't too unrealistic given how good the nights are, ditto for Vancek.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Wizard

Just look at the oiSH% for each player to see which ones are sustainable. I don't have the time now but I just looked at Pettersson's and there is no way he is sustaining this pace for a whole season. His oiSH% this year is 16.1% compared to a career 12.6%. You can bet the house his pace will slow down.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Just look at the oiSH% for each player to see which ones are sustainable. I don't have the time now but I just looked at Pettersson's and there is no way he is sustaining this pace for a whole season. His oiSH% this year is 16.1% compared to a career 12.6%. You can bet the house his pace will slow down.
    I havent looked either, but I am going to bet you that most of the names up here have an inflated oiSH%. Wouldn't that probably mean most of the skaters won't keep it up?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Pettersson was well over a point/game for the 2nd half last season. Once he shook off the rust from his holdout and they made the coaching change, Petersson was fantastic. He's just picking up where he left off last season. I wish I had bet the over on his point total at the start of the season. My favorite bets were Petersson over and PKane under.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Pettersson was well over a point/game for the 2nd half last season. Once he shook off the rust from his holdout and they made the coaching change, Petersson was fantastic. He's just picking up where he left off last season. I wish I had bet the over on his point total at the start of the season. My favorite bets were Petersson over and PKane under.
    It doesn't matter what his pace in the second half last season was. His current pace is unsustainable and I'm willing to bet anything that he will slow down. He will still likely get close to 90 points but won't maintain his current pace.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I havent looked either, but I am going to bet you that most of the names up here have an inflated oiSH%. Wouldn't that probably mean most of the skaters won't keep it up?
    Yes, I bet that most skaters on the list won't keep the current pace up. I might do the exercise of checking the stats and predict which ones will keep up, if I get the motivation, and see how accurate using oiSH% is for prediction.