Thread: Burakovsky The Real Deal?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Burakovsky The Real Deal?

Is Seattle for real in only their 2nd season? Specifically, how bullish are people on Burakovsky to maintain a Point Per Game or close to it? I would consider swapping one of my lower tier Forwards for him, maybe Lee or Stephenson. Points league, 1 year head to head!
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Burakovsky The Real Deal?

I don't expect a ppg pace for Burakovsky to continue the whole season but who knows. He's on a good roll. That being said, he should be considered a sell high for the GM who owns him and I'd be surprised if you got him for someone like Stephenson or Lee at this point. You can try, but I'd be quite surprised if you got them to bite.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the insight! Should have clarified he is actually a FA on our waiver wire right now. A lot of Seattle players have been overlooked in one year leagues, not surprising after debut season.
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think Seattle is for real and Burakovsky should end up with 70+ points. I recently picked him up off waivers and dropped Farabee.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post
    Thanks for the insight! Should have clarified he is actually a FA on our waiver wire right now. A lot of Seattle players have been overlooked in one year leagues, not surprising after debut season.
    Gotcha. Honestly, I am not sure he's an upgrade to most of what you have. Stephenson, much like Burakovsky, is somewhat overachieving IMO. Lee is as well to an extent, but I trust his consistency more. If I were to drop anyone, it would probably be Stephenson, although, as I say, I am not sure when it all comes out in the wash, you will end up holding the stick the right way up.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."