Thread: Big offer in my inbox

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Big offer in my inbox

Signature league.

I’m a competing team and have no cap issues. This is my first ever dynasty cap and I don’t like it. Can’t get into it, but whatever.

He wants my Elias Lindholm and Trevor Moore for his JT Miller and Josh Archibald.

Points and points per game are:

Lindholm (25.4 and 1.21) Cap is 4.85 mill for this year + one more
    Moore (25.9 and 1.13) Cap is 1.875 mil for this year. UFA next

Miller (29 and 1.45) Cap is 5.25 mil for this year going up to 8 mill until retirement.
    Archibald (17.1 and 0.81) Cap is 900,000 and UFA next.

Should I do it? Is Moore getting paid next year?

Help please because I don’t know dynasty cap strategies or player values at all.
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin~Joey Anderson
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors (I have 57):
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~M.Phillips~Rousek~ Posposil~Alexandrov~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona~Fedotov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Big offer in my inbox

I'd pass on that, and I really like Miller. I don't view Archibald as an asset.

This year you lose on total production, but get the best player, however he's the oldest and most expensive now and probably also moving forward, although Lindholm may be close.
    Next year the side you have is currently likely still cheaper in total.
    Once both Moore & Lindholm have hit UFA, Miller will be cheaper than the combo, but not likely better the combo per dollar.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

First off, I love cap leagues simply because it adds an additional layer of challenge and makes you think and act closer to being a real NHL GM when it comes to creating and maintaining your roster but I digress.

As far as this goes, I'd also pass. You're giving up two viable assets for Miller. Archibald, as much as I like his game, is a 4th liner who I don't trust enough to stay healthy and short of hits, which your league barely recognizes, doesn't offer value. Sure Moores salary is going to go up but in case you didn't notice, so does JT Millers.

This is the fun part of a cap keeper league. You have to think this year and beyond. If you're going to play in keeper leagues, how can that challenge not appeal to you?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Agree with the others…pass on this.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with the consensus, but additionally, I think if you're making deals for a team you don't have much intention of carrying on with they should be carefully considered in how much they address a team need. The backend looks to be the weak spot. I would worry less about trying to shuffle deck chairs up front and try to address the areas of need first.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson