Thread: Trying to balance my squad

Dobber Sports Star

Default Trying to balance my squad

As of this week I am near or at the top of every offensive cat, with the exception of the banger cats (middle of the pack), specifically hits and BS. I added Xhekaj and am currently streaming Pageau this week to help. I have 5 PPG guys that don't hit, Bratt, Fiala, Necas, Horvat and Skinner. Pageau is the obvious drop here, but he's 2nd on my team in hits and has been chipping in points while getting PP1 time. Has Necas' run come back down to earth? Is he droppable at this point considering he is the biggest question mark going forward?

For reference, my goaltending is my biggest issue. I have exhausted all trade routes with no bites. It "could" be at least average or better going forward but I can't rely on those 4 cats. Having said that, if I can start to take a few banger cats each week, while maintaining my offense, I might turn my season around.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Trying to balance my squad

Pageau is a must own, def more valuable than Necas currently. You do not count FOW so he is not as elite as he is in my league currently per say but you cannot dump him especially with the PP1 time which I do not see ending anytime soon because of his dot dominance to win possession. I would say as a fellow Jarry owner start embracing the zero goalie strategy somewhat and dump one not named Tristan to open up a stream spot. Obvi dumping any of these nice offensive options for nothing is unrealistic so you will just have to weather it if trades aren't happening, perhaps overpay a bit to get something done. Skinner is another option if that sig is current that he may do well but if you need grit he is expendable IMO.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Pageau is a must own, def more valuable than Necas currently. You do not count FOW so he is not as elite as he is in my league currently per say but you cannot dump him especially with the PP1 time which I do not see ending anytime soon because of his dot dominance to win possession. I would say as a fellow Jarry owner start embracing the zero goalie strategy somewhat and dump one not named Tristan to open up a stream spot. Obvi dumping any of these nice offensive options for nothing is unrealistic so you will just have to weather it if trades aren't happening, perhaps overpay a bit to get something done. Skinner is another option if that sig is current that he may do well but if you need grit he is expendable IMO.
    Skinner was my other option. I recently grabbed him during his hot streak. I usually carry 3 goalies and I'm somewhat adopting the zero goalie strategy, but with a 4 start min. having 2 is a must, otherwise I'm using his spot to stream a goalie. In addition Talbot has been decent since coming back.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Novice

The zero goalie option scares the hell out of me , because it can be hit or miss. I honestly think Pageau is the guy to go.

Dobber Sports Novice

With 2 open goalie spots each night, I think having 3 goalies on your team would be ideal. You likely would not have a shot at the Wins and Saves cats without that. If there is not an obvious best goalie to pick up now to fill that spot, leave a streaming spot open. As the season goes on, if a goalie emerges from the pack, hang onto them. You could also look ahead to your playoff rounds and see which currently available goalie would likely give you the most starts in the playoffs (cause other players are more likely to stream then as well), and look to end the goalie musical chairs with that guy on your team by the end of the season.

Unless I'm missing something, it does not look like all your players are listed in your signature. Looks like 18 roster spots but only 15 players listed? If it is 18 roster spots, with the number of starters in each position as listed, I would look to run the following at each spot: 3C, 3L, 3R, 5D, 3G, + 1 streamer spot. Those 5 D would allow you to dominate the hits and blocks stats.
    12 Team H2H Full Keeper Weekly Roto: G, A, PPPTS, SOG, HIT, BLK, TOI, W, SVS, GAA, SV%
    Play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2Sk, 2G Daily

F: Miller, Pettersson, Zegras, Bratt, Fiala, Kaprizov, Rust, Tippett, Bertuzzi, Crouse, Dubois, Batherson, Norris, Guenther*
    D: Makar, Hamilton, Chychrun, Jones, Ekblad, Romanov, Morrissey, Faulk
    G: Jarry, Kuemper, Jones, Swayman

Prospects: Wyatt Johnston*, Clarke, Pelletier, Tomasino, Nazar, Lysell, Annunen, Stankoven, Brink, Othmann
    Long Term IR: Perunovich
    *I rotate these prospects through 1 open roster spots to squeeze out more starts

Dobber Sports Star

I count 18...including goalies. I like the approach of streaming as well. But honestly, the only way that works is if 1 or both of my goalies turn things around, which seems to be happening. Fingers crossed it continues.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Rookie

I would drop Skinner over Necas.
    Replace him with Nick Paul TB who's probably available in your league. Definitely a multi category contributor (even has 18 BS)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd definitely drop Skinner over Necas as well. While Necas' run has slowed, he's still likely more valuable in trade, and I'd think could net you a player that is more well rounded more likely than Skinner could.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nordiques2619 View Post
    I would drop Skinner over Necas.
    Replace him with Nick Paul TB who's probably available in your league. Definitely a multi category contributor (even has 18 BS)
    He's on my list to acquire tomorrow since I'm out of moves for the week. Someone also dropped Buchnevich right before he went off, so I have a claim in for him. I'll probably move Hyman since he's been moved all over the lineup lately and it's showing.

Edit: Skinner was dropped so I could stream B2B games with Risto over the weekend. I was going to drop him for Either Paul or Buch, but I kinda like having 5 D-men in our setup, especially with a utility spot. So I think my drops are Pager for Paul since Paul is C/L and I already have 3 C only, then Hyman for Buch since I think ROS Buch will put up better points.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko