Thread: Dobson for Guhle, Lundkvist +++. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Dobson for Guhle, Lundkvist +++. Thoughts?

16 Team League - Keep 12 - 3C, 3LW, 3RW for forwards and 6D are dressed. That to me, makes D very valuable.

H2H Categories - G, A, SOG, PIM, Special Team Points, Game Winning Goals (including shootout winners) and ((Hits and Blocks) together).

A big thing in this league is players stay minors eligible for 164 GP.

My Guhle, Nils Lundkvist, Regenda, 3rd in 23 and 3rd in 24 for Dobson. What do you think?

I’m not competing this year or next. Dobson could be a major part of my future to go along with Dahlin, Edvinsson, Romanov, Addison and Peronovich.

Should I keep what I have or go after Dobson?

Thank you.
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin~Joey Anderson
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors (I have 57):
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~M.Phillips~Rousek~ Posposil~Alexandrov~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona~Fedotov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Dobson for Guhle, Lundkvist +++. Thoughts?

If a trade is 5:1 it's a pretty easy decline for the Dobson side IMO. Dobson is a stud and you're trading a bunch of mid-tier players/picks with no one of Dobson's caliber.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You can try that, but it's going to depend on what the other guy thinks. I feel that the picks are very borderline, although you do have 50 minors, so some 3rd rounders will hit.

I like Guhle & Lundqvist quite a bit. The fact that you can shuffle minors in & out means that personally I'd take the 5 for 1 if I had minors room for 3 incoming guys and a roster which allowed me to shuffle a good amount. I've used that sort of setup to win leagues before, but we had a salary cap and a limitation of salary going up & down without waivers, not games played.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

I wouldn't say those options are mid tier personally. Each can end up better than Dobson without a lot of imagination. Not saying you HAVE to do it but its worth considering...

Dobber Sports Novice

I do like Guhle and Lundkvist for the future, but they are no Dobson. Offer the trade and see what happens, but don't be surprised if it gets turned down.

The Great One

If you're ot competing i would suggest sticking with what you have. You make this trade if you're competing imho. Yes you want stable productive assets in a rebuild but not at the expense of guys who could be as good or better than said asset within two years time. I'm not saying these two will but why can. Lundqvust especially gets a poor reputation because nyr traded him - hes gonna be special...

Dobber Sports Star

Dobson is clearly the better side in that. That would be an easy decline for me as a Dobson owner because there's no reason to do it. If the other owner is contending, then Dobson is a current contributor and the other owner gets very little to nothing to replace that production. If the other owner is rebuilding, you're taking a strong young building block away.

The Great One