Thread: Hintz/Seider for Connor/Chycrun

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Hintz/Seider for Connor/Chycrun

Team/league in sig. We can keep 4 total players in the league. Keeper prices are $17 for Hintz, $16 for Connor, and $1 each for Seider/Chycrun. I'd be trading away Hintz/Seider. Would you do it?
    12 Team H2H 6x6
    G,A,SOG,PPP,Hits,Blocks
    W,L,GAA,SV%,Saves,SO
    Auction Keeper, Keep 1 Each of C, W, D, G

C - McDavid
    C - Hischier
    LW - J. Hughes
    LW - Pacioretty
    RW - Rantanen
    RW - Rakell
    D - Dahlin
    D - Theodore
    D - Montour
    D - Lauzon
    U - Cozens

BN - Bennett
    BN - Slafkovsky
    BN - Killorn

IR+ - Terry
    IR+ - Vilardi
    IR - Norris

G - Shesterkin
    G - Saros

NA - Askarov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Hintz/Seider for Connor/Chycrun

Stick with what you have

Dobber Sports Initiate

Nope.
    I like what Seider brings way more than what Chychrun may achieve; given his tendency for injuries.
    Think the spot Hintz plays with Roberston and Dallas is a great fit. Also only see Connor out producing Hintz in goals and SOG. Currently Connor is only beating Hintz in SOG.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Ace

Easily the Hintz side

The Great One

Yikes- spider side.

Connor is probably better than hintz but I think its at least debatable.

The gao between chychrun and spider is big enough to drive several short buses through. Why short houses? I said regular busses last time so I'm striving for inclusivoty..

Dobber Sports Wizard

i think this is much closer then most....i prefer connor to hintz by a bit and i dont think there is much difference between two D, they both shoot a lot, both are phisical and both put up points...Chychrun needs to stay healthy but if he does this is pretty even deal.

In keep 4 , only one that maybe keeper is Connor imo
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Star

I'd prefer the Hintz side. I'm not going to put a bunch of value on Chychrun until we know where he's going to end up. And even then, he needs the right situation in order to repeat that great year in the past.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I'd prefer the Hintz side. I'm not going to put a bunch of value on Chychrun until we know where he's going to end up. And even then, he needs the right situation in order to repeat that great year in the past.
    This. The forwards are close. The D is very dependent on Chychrun's role which ranges from a top pair D with PP1 time to a top four D with no PP time. Plus he's injury prone, and he isn't cheaper than Seider.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

I would actually have gone with the Connor & Chychrun side if Chrychrun could stay healthy. Since he seems like he cannot, I would have to say Mo and Roope.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i think this is much closer then most....i prefer connor to hintz by a bit and i dont think there is much difference between two D, they both shoot a lot, both are phisical and both put up points...Chychrun needs to stay healthy but if he does this is pretty even deal.

In keep 4 , only one that maybe keeper is Connor imo
    I just feel like that perspective is so short sighted. If you just played in a new league every year that'd be fine but if there's any keeper component its really disingenuous to say there stats right now are even all that comparable. Seider di that as a rookie??!! Along with the draft pedigree and the clout of the people that believe in him you have to think he can be a very very good dman someday. Chychrun has no such j dictators. Everything he's done screams career best with last years performance.

I'm just gonna say it. If you flat out refuse to take a hit in current production you'll never make a truly brilliant trade in fantasy. You'll break even at best and you'll end up looking at a lot of superstars and saying "hey I owned him for a bit"

The Great One

Pretending the teo d are comparable is just dumb im sorry. Have there been guys who storm the league for 40+ only to regress?? Yea there was one - Erik Johnson. The other 27 candidates were Allstars. These are not exact numbers- im hyperbolkzimg to make a point. It almost never happens that a guy does that good only to regrwss as he gets better. Chychruns sogs are the only saving grace about him that make me say well maybe there's something there but its no contest in terms of when they achieved their mutual breakouts.

People love to chime in with this stuff cause optically it looks good on them. BE CAREFUL. After you've traded said superstar your the one who has to I've with it lol!!