Thread: Crosby vs Debrincat

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Crosby vs Debrincat

Hi all

I am not contending but more more trying to improve my top 9. So would it make sense to trade my Crosby vs his Debrincat? I am trying to add a bit more to it like Dach.

thanks
    10 team, points only, no cap, Bonus : PPG, SHG, HT, Shoot Out
    Top 9F, 4D, 1G . Keep 10 + 2 extras 150g or less, Max 22 (12F, 6D, 2G + 2 extras)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Crosby vs Debrincat

If you could gt Dach as well, that might help, but I'd do that straight up in a points-only dynasty.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

So if you were to make this trade you would keep Dach as one of your 9? I figure Debrincat would be included in the 9 keepers. I think for the future that would be an okay trade.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    So if you were to make this trade you would keep Dach as one of your 9? I figure Debrincat would be included in the 9 keepers. I think for the future that would be an okay trade.
    Not sure yet, Dach would be a candidate but not set in stone
    Top 9F, 4D, 1G . Keep 10 + 2 extras 150g or less, Max 22 (12F, 6D, 2G + 2 extras)

The Great One

Just a word of caution I really believe debrincat suffers some in a traditional points only format. Yes he thrives in points but a big part of his added appeal is via goals and sogs. Dach on the other hand is just a great points only add as his lack of sogs is the biggest knock on him and that won't be an issue.

In the end its tough. In points only Crosby is scary I actually feel like you should be able to get more. If you're happy with the return there are worse ways you can go...

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have accepted Debrincat vs Crosby, 1:1.

I feel that Debrincat is actually a buy low and in a rebuild process it was making sense. I was not able to add Dach ��

Right away another pooler came back and offered me Thomas and Keller vs Debrincat and Guenter. Your though?

I am leaning toward refusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Palefa View Post
    I have accepted Debrincat vs Crosby, 1:1.

I feel that Debrincat is actually a buy low and in a rebuild process it was making sense. I was not able to add Dach ��

Right away another pooler came back and offered me Thomas and Keller vs Debrincat and Guenter. Your though?

I am leaning toward refusing.
    I'd decline the offer, and tell them you want to wait and see how DeBrincat fits your squad, and watch him a while. The fact that there was immediate interest is good info to have.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd decline the offer, and tell them you want to wait and see how DeBrincat fits your squad, and watch him a while. The fact that there was immediate interest is good info to have.
    Just as precision, Thomas and Keller were offered from the same GM, both vs my Debrincat

The Great One

I really don't like Thomas hes an absurdly anemic shooter.

I DO like Keller and I feel like he has superstar upside by the time Cooley etc all catch up. Theres simply no point in making that swap one for one though.

I'd consider a different offer without Thomas though...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Keller’s owner came back and offered Beniers as well (with Keller) vs Debrincat and Lafreniere.

The upside with Beniers is that I can keep 2 players with less than 150 games in extra to my 9 keepers. In this case Lafreniere is bordelrline for my top 9 but doesn’t qualify as 150g or less.

Current top 9: J. Robertson Barkov Huberdeau Debrincat Schefele Carlson Pietrangelo Chabot and Hellebuyck

My actual extras : N. Robertson and Guenter

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would turn down the Thomas & Keller deal. I think Guenther is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Palefa View Post
    Keller’s owner came back and offered Beniers as well (with Keller) vs Debrincat and Lafreniere.

The upside with Beniers is that I can keep 2 players with less than 150 games in extra to my 9 keepers. In this case Lafreniere is bordelrline for my top 9 but doesn’t qualify as 150g or less.

Current top 9: J. Robertson Barkov Huberdeau Debrincat Schefele Carlson Pietrangelo Chabot and Hellebuyck

My actual extras : N. Robertson and Guenter
    This is tempting to upgrade one of your minors with a guy who is more of a sure thing. I'd probably do it, and move whichever extra you don't want for a pick upgrade.

Dobber Sports Initiate

In the end, I have been able to get Caufield vs Debrincat. That might be a lateral move but has s Habs fan, to me there was another dimension to that move.
    thanks for tour feedback