Thread: Trade Advice Needed

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Trade Advice Needed

Hey guys,

League details in the sig. An owner has reached out to me with interest in one of my D (Fox, Carlson, or Hamilton). He offered Knight + another player. Based on his roster, here are some possible combos:

Knight + Connor
    Knight + Nylander
    Knight + Guentzel
    Knight + P. Kane

As for the wire, I'd have to grab a D to replace whoever I'd lose. The best options are currently the following:

Bouchard
    Provorov
    Klingberg
    Ghost
    Byram (week to week)
    Slavin

Would you pursue this or is the loss of a top D just too much? If you'd make a trade, what combo (Knight + ?) and D do you think is best?

Thanks in advance!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Trade Advice Needed

I like the idea of trading for Knight, but not if you have to trade a high-end D man to get it. Even if you get Knight, you're getting a half-timer (for now). Does that solve your goalie problem? Do you still need to make another deal for a goalie after that? Getting a half-timer still puts you behind the eight ball for getting Wins and perhaps Shutouts, and may not make enough of a difference to offset the negative impact of using Jarry or Talbot.

If you're looking to make a deal to improve goaltending by using a high-end defenseman, it should probably be for a full-time goalie who also makes a difference in the percentage categories.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I like the idea of trading for Knight, but not if you have to trade a high-end D man to get it. Even if you get Knight, you're getting a half-timer (for now). Does that solve your goalie problem? Do you still need to make another deal for a goalie after that? Getting a half-timer still puts you behind the eight ball for getting Wins and perhaps Shutouts, and may not make enough of a difference to offset the negative impact of using Jarry or Talbot.

If you're looking to make a deal to improve goaltending by using a high-end defenseman, it should probably be for a full-time goalie who also makes a difference in the percentage categories.
    Agree with this. Knight holds very little value this year, and I would instead be looking for an actual starter if you're giving up a premium defenseman. The only way I would consider this is if you're comfortable handcuffing Jarry or Talbot, but that still doesn't solve your goalie problem.
    Yahoo One Year League, Weekly H2H Category
    Start: 3C/3LW/3RW/5D/2G
    Categories: G/A/P/PPP/+-/SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK; GS/W/SV%/SO

C: Zibanejad Suzuki Jenner Couturier
    LW: Kaprizov KConnor Pacioretty Huberdeau
    RW: Pastrnak Debrincat Rakell Lafreniere
    D: Josi Werenski Theodore Weegar Nurse Martinez Romanov
    G: Vasilevskiy Daccord Lyon
    IR+: Bedard

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by insertnamehere View Post
    Agree with this. Knight holds very little value this year, and I would instead be looking for an actual starter if you're giving up a premium defenseman. The only way I would consider this is if you're comfortable handcuffed Jarry or Talbot, but that still doesn't solve your goalie problem.
    Sorry, what do you mean if I'm comfortable handcuffed Jarry or Talbot? Are you referring to grabbing either DeSmith or Forsberg?
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by The Maritimer View Post
    Sorry, what do you mean if I'm comfortable handcuffed Jarry or Talbot? Are you referring to grabbing either DeSmith or Forsberg?
    Sorry, handcuffing, and yeah that's what I meant.
    Yahoo One Year League, Weekly H2H Category
    Start: 3C/3LW/3RW/5D/2G
    Categories: G/A/P/PPP/+-/SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK; GS/W/SV%/SO

C: Zibanejad Suzuki Jenner Couturier
    LW: Kaprizov KConnor Pacioretty Huberdeau
    RW: Pastrnak Debrincat Rakell Lafreniere
    D: Josi Werenski Theodore Weegar Nurse Martinez Romanov
    G: Vasilevskiy Daccord Lyon
    IR+: Bedard