Thread: Need help to trade for Huberdeau

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Need help to trade for Huberdeau

i want to trade for Huberdeau and Suzuki. I think I can get Huberdeau now cheeper. I belief in him long term. So should I offer Sanderson and Boldy and a Third? Do you think the trade brings me forward to content? Perfetti could be the 3th.

He like Oettinger for Bennington or Russo in this trade, but I want to stay with Oettinger, so I need another way. Thoughts? Ideas? Hischier? What do my team needs to be a real Contender? now I am on the 4th place from 10.
    Dynasty 10 Teams, H2H league
    keep max 10

F1: B.Tkachuk, Zibanejad, M.Tkachuk
    F2: T.Stuetzle, J.Hughes, T.Meier
    F3: Kaprizov, E.Petterson, A.Svechnikov
    F4: O.Tippet, Suzuki, Wyatt Johnston
    F-Bench: V.Nichuskin
    G: Oettinger

G-Bench: Demko, Kochetkov

D: A.Fox, E.Bouchard, Heiskanen,
    Werenski, K´Andre Miller, C.York, J.Chychrun
    D Bench: Romanov, Mintyukov

IR/IR+:
    S.Bennett,

Rosters of 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4 Bench, 3IR, 1IR+, 2NA, and categories of G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FOW, HIT, BLK, GS, W, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Need help to trade for Huberdeau

you will need to offer far more established pieces for those guys.

The Great One

Yea I would just straight up keep oettinger thats a good call. In most leagues goalies carry a lot of value and I feel like oettinger is on an upward trajectory so I just plain wouldn't move him. I feel like he could be the North American version of shesterkim- maybe I'm wrong but that's an attainable outcome- just keep him good job!!

If you're leagues like mine the news about Rossi means for the first time ever hes being considered in trades but the owners looking at the hypothetical upside there and getting a bit greedy imho lol!! It IS difficult to trade upside guys- i traded draisaitl in my league i get it! I won the championship that year but my teams.been a mess ever since lol!

I think realistically you shouldn't be trading much more than like a 65-70 point asset. I offered kubalik and it was dismissed out of hand. I also threw bertuzzis name out there but I think it'll take a hot streak for him to become movable just a hunch...

ANYWAYS - on your roster!!

First off I love your team. Second I'm just not messing with the goalies- demkk will come around and you're set there. I would not move your elite and so many of your forwards have elite upside its tough to pin down an asset id even consider moving lol!

So on d I think I'd consider nurse and Romanov. I'm going to guess nurse might bring a lot of peripherals which are not my strong suit but I know heiskanen and Sanderson are all around dmen who should cover some categories. Hamilton has another gear- one of my fave dmen and fox is a stud i really would not touch heiskanen fox Hamilton or Sanderson.

On forward the Tkachuk are gold and you have both so keep em. Centers are generally replaceable but you have two of the best in their prime in Zina and kaprizov thise are hard keeps. As a fellow Hughes owner were riding that wave big time right now- keep! Stutzle is one of those few players that has that type of upside and although he's no there yet hes producing at a steady clip anyways. Boldy is the same idea although he's slowed down more and maybe has a tad less upside id still hold firm there. Petterson could be a one dimensional 70 point guy or he could be a 100 plis point uber super star lol! AND he'll probably be viewed as both during his career- id just keep him.Perfetti is a blue hipper who might have more upside than his peers and while I'm a hold on Laffy he doesn't really have any trade value. By default that leaves Bennett Dubois Jeannett Hischier and your ir.

I'm gonna make another post to keep things clean...

The Great One

Part 1

I think Jeannette offers something unique to your team and im not sure what his trade value is as it depends on not only your league scoring format but also how in the know your trading partner is.

So id open talks with pld Bennett and Romanov. If he's a Habs fan bring up the fact that PLD looks like he's signing in mtl next year lol! I guess if you're trying to get Suzuki your hoping hes not a Habs fan lol!

So I'm also going to suggest your C os set like crazy with some of the best in the game and Suzuki is a better irl player than he has been for fantasy so far. If your really invested in getting him you do you but id save your big guns to land...

Hubby! Lol so hes underperformed so far and has absolutely devastating offensive upside- a great target! For me id take a long look at hoschier. Is he a slouch offensively? Heck no but I do think his value as a 2c and penchant for d-zone starts make this production look a little bit mirag(y) in nature. I think there's some chance he stays elite but with huberdeau at least you're getting that back. Id be careful about moving hisxhier for Suzuki. Its doable but you're looking at a good chance of it being a wash lol! And thats not even the worst case scenario.

I'm a huge werenski fan- qualified as a gifted underage at one point- fuzzy in the details but his nose for offense is immense!! Outside of that though id really look at moving pacioretty (older than my left ball), chychrun *one good fantasy season) and bb (the unluckily competition you could ask for)- if any of those guys could be used as a sweetener id do it- especially chychrun and patches.

So in conclusion....

So maybe I'm out to lunch but id offer Bennett or PLD with Chychrun or patches as a sweetener but id go as far as hischier being the main piece or replacing the sweetener with Byram. I think if you've moved hischier AND Byram you've arguably went too far. If he's really focused on d id do a deep dive on how good nurse is in your format but if he's not like a "team maker" id consider him as the main piece. Again I wouldn't add him to hischier id pick one and then use your ir for the sweetener if you can. I think the rest of your guys the moves almost become sideways.

If you see a Suzuki offer that makes sense with that group of players let it fly but as I said earlier I wouldn't want to use hischier or nurse- id lean on PLD or bennet as the opener.

Dobber Sports Pro

It will definitely take more than that to get Hubs and Suzuki right now. I would go with Boldy, Dubois, Sanderson and Lafrenière as a first offer and see where that goes.

Dobber Sports Initiate

You want Hubs and Suzuki.

You will need to offer some of the following players: Pettersson, Zibs, Laffy, Boldy, Hischer, Perfetti, Bennett, Dubois, Byram, Nurse, or Patches.
    Could be 4 of these guys to get a deal done, or might even need a draft pick.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thank you so far. Great Ideas and response. Thanks. I should just try to get Huberdeau and do not get Suzuki.
    keep max 10

IR/IR+:
    S.Bennett,

Rosters of 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4 Bench, 3IR, 1IR+, 2NA, and categories of G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FOW, HIT, BLK, GS, W, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by vivatherangers View Post
    Thank you so far. Great Ideas and response. Thanks. I should just try to get Huberdeau and do not get Suzuki.
    This is a better approach for now. Suzuki's perceived value is sky-high at the moment. It should be easier to get Huberdeau unless the owner is a true believer.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So for my surprise he wants to give up Huberdeau for Boldy and Sanderson. He is Ottawa Fan and likes Boldy. I pull the trigger? I have Byram and Chychrun. Should i go for Suzuki too? But Huschier is good in FW and right now very good.

The Great One

I would not do that. The only gains you make are hypothetically over a one year window and hes struggling this year...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    It will definitely take more than that to get Hubs and Suzuki right now. I would go with Boldy, Dubois, Sanderson and Lafrenière as a first offer and see where that goes.
    This is just poor asset management and tbh looks more like you (or i) hurt a huberdeau owners feelings with the valuation.

Do not throw all this at him- you've got enough bench space you can keep lafreniere so selling low makes no sense there. Boldy can be hubdrdeau inside two years and I know you just added Sanderson but he's a gem.

Let me reprase IF you can keep boldy and Sanderson don't move them. If they are not keepable then yea feel free to move them.

I think as early as this off season boldys trade value will surpass huberdeau on his own. Not saying real value but in terms of trade value it'll be neck and neck. If you really think moving bildy is OK (and I dont) wait till the off season and do a 1 for 1. That 4 for 1 including guys who don't even have much trade value is just not well constructed imho...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It is only Boldy for Huberdeau. Because i have Chychrun, Byram and Sanderson. So i have to drop 2 of 3 anyway. So i have 2 Ottawa players already and a 3. maybee is to much, so i hold on Chychrun or Byram. Boldy is a mid 70 player and Huberdeau i hope in the 80th. So Boldy hurts but i think it will help hopefully. Thanks for all answers. Great.
    keep max 10

IR/IR+:
    S.Bennett,

The Great One

I'd drop chychrun there. Also I know you're going to do it - or its done but I think you're gonna regret this one almost right out the gate. Boldy looked superb out there and probably has a full career of huberdeau like production in his future.

Meanwhile the only place I think you can make real gains is in the short term aka this year and hes struggled with injury, he's struggled with chemistry, he's struggled putting up numbers- maybe he proves me wrong he's supremely talented athlwtw- but I feel like this is a bad year to expect short term gains out of him.

I think by next off season Boldy will have scored 60+ and likely secured a topline top pp type of deployment and could be matching or near matching hubby's production. They have similar seasons and although 28 is by no means old you just traded away 6 years or so of prime production and it cost you a dman to do it.

I don't like it. I don't hate it- maybe it pans out but I would have held out for a better return. For example I'd be shopping hischier like he's expiring dairy lol!!

The Great One

So I'm sure you saw the big night bildy had- don't worry I didn't come here to rub anyone's nose in it. It did however pique my curiosity. When it comes to making decisions on players im starting to lean in deployment more than ever and I was shocked to see boldy is getting 19+ minutes a night already and almost 4 on the pp. Those are the exact parameters- actually a little better than what I look for in a "star" player - 18 mons 3+ on the pp.

I remember when I traded Duchesne who had all the potential in the world at the time for Arnott. They're probably not as good as mentioned here but back then we thought Duchesne was a star and I remember I did not even win THAT season lol! A lot of key differences here but I just think it highlights the importance of not just equating proven=better in the short term. Although that often is the case context and specific player values do matter.

Huberdeau is young and crazy talented- I think you'll do fine. I just think you'll feel a little but like you're playing whack a mole when next season this ame board tells you what a "win" it would be if you could get bolsy back for a player like huberdeau. Trust me I've been there- thats why I lean in so hard when giving certain contrarian advice. This board becomes a bit of an e ho chamber for the new hot trend- and thats not inherently a bad thing it is what it is- it can be a frustratg way to build a team. Again I think you'll be fine with hoobastank just thought I'd point this out- you can't turn back time but you can learn from your past actions...