Thread: Binnington Offer

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Binnington Offer

Team 1 in Sig; I am thinking to offer Granlund and Schmaltz, is this enough? The owner is in last and he has Demko and Ullmark as well so he is one of the few teams who can part with a workhorse. I really do not want to give an elite option as I will forever be suspect of Jordan but I need a more concrete starter option, I figure Skinner and Jones won't last.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Binnington Offer

As a Binnington owner I would reject this offer, and would likely expect Lindholm or Nylander for it to even register on my radar.
    Yahoo One Year League, Weekly H2H Category
    Start: 3C/3LW/3RW/5D/2G
    Categories: G/A/P/PPP/+-/SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK; GS/W/SV%/SO

C: Zibanejad Suzuki Jenner Couturier
    LW: Kaprizov KConnor Pacioretty Huberdeau
    RW: Pastrnak Debrincat Rakell Lafreniere
    D: Josi Werenski Theodore Weegar Nurse Martinez Romanov
    G: Vasilevskiy Daccord Lyon
    IR+: Bedard

The Great One

It’s not a terrible offer and you never know. It’s worth a shot. And I would not trade either Lindholm or Nylander for Binnington.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

As a Binnington owner, this is a tricky one. To fellow owners he is hot shit right now and they'd want more than what you originally put down. Non-Binnington owners probably don't trust him enough for a decent swap with another player. Open a dialogue with the guy see and see where his head is and go from there. FWIW, I was onboard giving him another shot once Husso got traded. It was ugly at first, but the Blues are finding their footing now and I expect them to continue upwards.
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You always offer the deal and see what happens. I personally wouldn't accept it if I had Binnington. Starting Goalies always seem to get more in a trade and when they are the workhorse it is even more.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah, I'd give it a shot. Binnington has actually been fine for me this year (though his rate stats aren't hurting me in that particular league) and he's been hot of late.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post
    As a Binnington owner, this is a tricky one. To fellow owners he is hot shit right now and they'd want more than what you originally put down. Non-Binnington owners probably don't trust him enough for a decent swap with another player. Open a dialogue with the guy see and see where his head is and go from there. FWIW, I was onboard giving him another shot once Husso got traded. It was ugly at first, but the Blues are finding their footing now and I expect them to continue upwards.
    Good post and I agree. Binnington looks really good right now after his early season struggles and we know how good he looked in the playoffs last year. I would quickly reject that trade. I feel better about Binnington right now than Markstrom.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Honestly, with how bad goal keeping has been this year, I'd need a top 50/60 player. But since your opponent seems to have good goalie depth, maybe top 70.

Dobber Sports Star

Granlund and Schmaltz are not likely enough. If I were the other owner, with how poorly Demko has been playing, I'd be averse to trading Binnington. Or at least to effectively commit my team's success to Demko, I'd want the offer to be strong. With the information at hand, it does not appear that the other team is operating from weakness such that he needs Granlund and Schmaltz. Shorter answer, the other owner will probably need to be compelled to make a deal, as opposed to supposing that the other owner is looking to send a now-very useful goalie away.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I made it into a five player offer as he is losing bodies left and right. New offer adds on JJ Moser to my original two in return for Binnington, Zucker. Those three are solid depth and in his particular situation he needs healthy bodies. He rosters Jonas Brodin, Moser is a far better upgrade, we shall see.

Sorry what's the exact trade now? Granlund Schmaltz Moser for Binnington Zucker? That's a lot of waiver fodder you're sending his way for two very rosterable players, not including the player he has to drop to make the trade happen...
    Yahoo One Year League, Weekly H2H Category
    Start: 3C/3LW/3RW/5D/2G
    Categories: G/A/P/PPP/+-/SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK; GS/W/SV%/SO

C: Zibanejad Suzuki Jenner Couturier
    LW: Kaprizov KConnor Pacioretty Huberdeau
    RW: Pastrnak Debrincat Rakell Lafreniere
    D: Josi Werenski Theodore Weegar Nurse Martinez Romanov
    G: Vasilevskiy Daccord Lyon
    IR+: Bedard

Dobber Sports Superstar

well Granlund and Schmaltz are both top line, top PP forwards so I do not agree with your waiver fodder analogy and Moser is quietly a solid blue liner in multi cat. Nonetheless Ullmark might've gone down today so he will def not move Jordan if it's long term.