Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Necas for Rossi and ehlers

The Great One

Default Re: Necas for Rossi and ehlers

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I hope everyone realizes that Ehlers is only out 6-8 weeks…

https://twitter.com/illegalcurve/sta...IoPppXu3P2YjVA
    Never in a million years would I do this trade if I were Rossi/Ehlers owner.
    Yep I just saw that too.

The Great One

Default Re: Necas for Rossi and ehlers

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I hope everyone realizes that Ehlers is only out 6-8 weeks…

https://twitter.com/illegalcurve/sta...IoPppXu3P2YjVA
    Never in a million years would I do this trade if I were Rossi/Ehlers owner.
    Never in a million years... You know what ny first thought is right?? You own ehlers and of course you do.

If I read all the electrifying adjectives used to describe his game and drafted him- then during 8 years of good but not great production I consoled myself on the fact that he just hasn't been given the right deployment and I really really hoped my initial read was correct id be all in on ehlers too. I made that similar read on fiala and vrana fairly early and I've stuck with them. If I did that then I wouldn't trade just ehlers never mind adding rossi- in fact I might even balk at the suggestion on a forum. I mean truthfully you probably could have added necas for free or near free this year right? So its nuts??

Its not nuts.

At 26 I am an ehlers believer but just cause I bieve in him does not mean he will "pan out" like I had hoped. I held on way too long with a guy like skinner and then by the time I realized Evander Kane wasn't ever gonna cut the mustard he got traded to be mcjesus limate- go figure lol! I'm just ehlers looks great- his stats look great- but there might- just maybe be a reason the jets brass is so reticent to use him as a core player with game cha going deployment. There is an argument that thats not the case as well.

I'm just saying Necas is there. You might not want to admit. I didn't with Terry but sometimes waiver guys step into a bigger role than we were expecting. I'm not saying you hate necas I'm just saying it might be a bit frusterating/uncomfortable to think you could have added a core guy for so cheap. Maybe I'm wrong I just can't place this "never in a million years" but

I'm not saying he's crazy not to make it- im just saying between his limited deployment up til now, the new injury concerns and Rossi wavering status (yes yes I know its still early)- I just think it's at least a fair bring in bet i even said I'd likely have to add. I'm not co.fortable adding my guys or my picks but I thought krebs might be a bluecgipper that could tip the scales. Imho adding kj or nick Johnson at this point basically makes it a necas for ehlers swap and I've got no motivation to do thT. I think they're in fact very similar players although necas is younger, has less and (zero current) injury troubles, his deployment has increased dramatically and I actually like his supporting cast a bit better too.

Agree to disagree...