Thread: N. Robertson Vs. Bjorkstrand -Rep

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default N. Robertson Vs. Bjorkstrand -Rep

Someone dropped Robertson, and I pick him up on a whim. Thing is, he's of no real use this year. He's played too many games to go to my minors - by one game. So, the idea is to make some room. We go by contract years. I have Bjorkstrand sitting there with a three-year contract, but is it worth dropping him, or should I just throw Robertson back? I could also open a little room by dropping Bean who has 2 years. I don't like leaving myself with only one backup D, but I could drop Farabee for someone later.
    H2H CONTRACT
    C - Larkin 1, MacKinnon 1, Hischier 2
    W- Pastranak 1, Kreider1, Benn 1, Schmaltz 1,Teravinen 2, Skinner1, T. Moore [color=red]2[/color
    D - Toews 2, DeAngelo 3, Faulk 2, Morrissey 1Spence 4, Marino 1, Mike Reilly 1
    G- Hill 1Jarry 3Vanecek 4
    MINORS- Slafkovsky, Wallstedt, Gauthier, O. Moore

SKATER +-/G/A/SOG/blocks
    GOALIE GAA/W/S

Playing roster: 2C,3W,1F,4D,1G

* length of contract

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: N. Robertson Vs. Bjorkstrand -Rep

Nick Robertson has much more future value. I would keep him and drop Bjorkstrand.

Dobber Sports Pro

If you keep him, would that mean you'd get 3 more years of Robertson? I like Robertson but I think Bjorkstrand is still much better right now and probably next year at the minimum. That's a tough drop for only the potential of Robertson. I'd drop Robertson back if you can't stash him in the minors.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Does the guy you drop dictates how many years of Robertson you get? If that's the case, I'd drop Bean. Gives you more than 1 year, and Bean isn't likely to really be that great in your format that he's not replaceable.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

Bean is useless now, he needs to be dropped. I would drop him and pick up Nick Robertson and worry about being thin at D later.

Dobber Sports Novice

Bean is the most replaceable player on your roster. I'd keep Robertson and Bjokstrand, see how the season plays out. If you really feel you need a D man later in the year you should be able to find one or trade for one that could replace Bean.
    12 Team H2H Full Keeper Weekly Roto: G, A, PPPTS, SOG, HIT, BLK, TOI, W, SVS, GAA, SV%
    Play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2Sk, 2G Daily

F: Miller, Pettersson, Zegras, Bratt, Fiala, Kaprizov, Rust, Tippett, Bertuzzi, Crouse, Dubois, Batherson, Norris, Guenther*
    D: Makar, Hamilton, Chychrun, Jones, Ekblad, Romanov, Morrissey, Faulk
    G: Jarry, Kuemper, Jones, Swayman

Prospects: Wyatt Johnston*, Clarke, Pelletier, Tomasino, Nazar, Lysell, Annunen, Stankoven, Brink, Othmann
    Long Term IR: Perunovich
    *I rotate these prospects through 1 open roster spots to squeeze out more starts

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Does the guy you drop dictates how many years of Robertson you get? If that's the case, I'd drop Bean. Gives you more than 1 year, and Bean isn't likely to really be that great in your format that he's not replaceable.
    This is the right way yo go. No one will put a lot of value into Bean without a shown, sustained streak of performance. And that left when he separated his shoulder.