Thread: Time to tear this team down?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Time to tear this team down?

What the heck? I have won my league about 8x out of the last 12, so I know my way around fantasy hockey. But I'm getting smoked 1-9 this week and last week it was a 2-8 beat-down. I'd love to get your advice if you have the time! We only have 40 moves for the season and I have burned 10 already. So I can't stream guys. But maybe it's time to spend some moves. Here seem to be my greatest problems:

Kempe, Vilardi and Kopitar: They started hot, but dang, will they ever score again? Last three games they have combined for 2 goals, 0 assists, 0 PPP, +1, 20 hits and 2 PIM. That's NINE freaking man-games for what I might have gotten in one night from anyone else. Should I ride them and be patient?

Rust and Letang: 4 man-games, 2 goals (last night an empty net by Rust), 1 assist, 1 PPP, -5, 8 hits. Letang has been awful, and Rust has 10 points and a minus -8 this year.

Laine: Finally dropped his sorry a**. Now he's hurt, but he sucked when he wasn't.

My goalies. Started off well, then Andersen gets hurt, Hart starts giving up 3 and 4 goals every stinking night, and Kuemper has been less than average. Should I drop one of these for Raanta and figure I have a solid duo when Andersen gets back? Or pick up Murray or Jarry?

Injuries: I drafted Patches and figured I'd shelf him and take a risk that nobody else gets hurt. That didn't work out so well. Teravainen and Andersen both went down so I couldn't make a move to replace them. Now I'm wondering if Wilson is closer to coming back than Patches. Should I swap those two on IR, or drop him and take someone who actually plays games for me?

Notables on the FA list:
    DeBrusk
    Wood
    Hischier
    Petry
    Bunting
    Dach
    Paul
    Moore
    Reinhart
    R. Andersson

Any advice will be appreciated. Will definitely rep! Thanks!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Time to tear this team down?

I would drop Burakovsky, Clifton, Vilardi for Hischier, Petry, Reinhart

I don't understand what you mean by "tear it down", if it's a one year league there is no rebuild so that would be essentially giving up. I think all you need is some patience and maybe the moves I suggested if you think that's the answer.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Which cats are you consistently falling short in?
    I would recommend dropping Hart for Jarry, seems that Tristan is coming out of his slump, and Carter possibly heading in the other direction.
    Also seems that you don't have enough options on defence. Would consider dropping one of your forwards like Kempe for Andersson, so you can beef up your man games.
    Picking up another pure C is not going to help you, so would advise against Hischier. But would be intrigued by picking up Dach or Reinhart in place of Kopitar.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks guys. I had Clifton mostly for the hits. This week the only category I'm winning is hits, and I'm getting absolutely smoked in G, A and PPP. Like 1/3 of my opponent's totals. Last week I lost all three of those cats as well. So scoring seems to be my main issue. The LA guys were responsible for most of that. Just like this week, I got 1 G and 2 A out of all three of them for the entire week. This year I made the mistake of listening to some of the radio prognosticators and believed them that Kopitar, Dougie Hamilton and Rust would have big years. Not so much. I hate to give up Kopitar because he gets hits and is a fixture on L1 and PP1, but something has to give. Vilardi may have more upside, but he has really cooled off. Letang sure has been disappointing as well and it's clear that I need more from my D's. I do hate to roll more than 4 D's though because unless you're talking about a Makar or Carlson, I usually get more production from 2 games from an extra F than 3 games from an extra D. But I'll put this into the hopper and make some decisions soon.
    IR+

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    I would drop Burakovsky, Clifton, Vilardi for Hischier, Petry, Reinhart

I don't understand what you mean by "tear it down", if it's a one year league there is no rebuild so that would be essentially giving up. I think all you need is some patience and maybe the moves I suggested if you think that's the answer.
    sub Andersson for Petry for me

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You have got to get Hischier on your team. Drop Rust and move Burakovsky to RW and RNH to LW and add Nico Hischier.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Absolutely grab Hischier and Reinhart, and consider Petry. I would drop Vilardi for sure, but then I'm torn between Clifton for Petry (they're very similar in value), and I'm not that big on Teravainen or Kempe so for me it would be one of them. I think LAs lines will be in flux all year, and Teravainen is a 60 point injury case who has serious competition now in Carolina.
    Yahoo One Year League, Weekly H2H Category
    Start: 3C/3LW/3RW/5D/2G
    Categories: G/A/P/PPP/+-/SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK; GS/W/SV%/SO

C: Zibanejad Suzuki Jenner Couturier
    LW: Kaprizov KConnor Pacioretty Huberdeau
    RW: Pastrnak Debrincat Rakell Lafreniere
    D: Josi Werenski Theodore Weegar Nurse Martinez Romanov
    G: Vasilevskiy Daccord Lyon
    IR+: Bedard

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks guys. This is all very helpful! Rep given to all.

I dropped Vilardi and Burakovsky for Reinhart and Hischier. Still thinking about the D-men. All I really hoped to get from Clifton was +/- and hits, and the occasional PIM. Petry might get me all of that plus some PPP though. Letang has not been putting up numbers and he's due for his 3x/year IR stint. So I might go that route - drop Clifton for Petry and hope that PIT gets back on track. Still wondering about the goalie situation. Do you guys think Jarry will find his game and maybe I could drop Hart for him?
    IR+