Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Akira Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Akira Schmid

Schmid now has a SV% of 0.940 and GAA under 1.5 - can he be the G-2 in New Jersey? It would make the oft-injured Mackenzie Blackwood to be trade bait, as several teams (Minn, Buf, others?) should be interested.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Akira Schmid

When Blackwood gets back he’s #2 until they decide otherwise. Can they deal Blackwood? Sure but his stock is pretty low right now so I would think he plays a bit until NJ deals him. If that even happens. I’m sure the Devils are ecstatic to have a guy like Schmid in the system. Only time will tell.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Padawan

Schmid was the top goalie in the USHL and I’ve heard others say on here that he was the backbone of the Swiss junior national teams and could develop into one of the next great Swiss goalies. I’m not a fan of Blackwood, and am not sold on Vanecek being the Devil’s long term solution either. I think Schmid could be developing into a great young piece for New Jersey.

Dobber Sports Deity

To be fair, he's played Ottawa twice and Arizona once. Not really the toughest of opponents. They've made sure he's been tossed a couple lob balls early on.

I will say this though, NJ is a fun team to watch. They've got serious speed and play a fast two way game. They remind me a lot of Colorado and how they play.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    To be fair, he's played Ottawa twice and Arizona once. Not really the toughest of opponents. They've made sure he's been tossed a couple lob balls early on.

I will say this though, NJ is a fun team to watch. They've got serious speed and play a fast two way game. They remind me a lot of Colorado and how they play.
    In my opinion, Ottawa is definitely a team with holes, but there is no denying their offensive ability. I believe they rank 13th overall in the NHL in scoring this season. So keeping Ott to 1 goal today, and keeping them off the scoresheet when he relieved Vanecek on November 10th gives him a bit more credit than getting a couple of lob balls. But I agree that this team is a lot of fun to watch!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    In my opinion, Ottawa is definitely a team with holes, but there is no denying their offensive ability. I believe they rank 13th overall in the NHL in scoring this season. So keeping Ott to 1 goal today, and keeping them off the scoresheet when he relieved Vanecek on November 10th gives him a bit more credit than getting a couple of lob balls. But I agree that this team is a lot of fun to watch!
    Ottawa may have some offensive weapons on paper but defensively they are not good and have struggled offensively lately with two wins in their last 11 games (two of those 9 losses have been to Schmid). They aren't playing good hockey lately. NJ controlled the play today. I like the way Schmid plays though. He's quiet in the net and looks controlled in his saves. Ottawa didn't give him much trouble today.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ottawa may have some offensive weapons on paper but defensively they are not good and have struggled offensively lately with two wins in their last 11 games (two of those 9 losses have been to Schmid). They aren't playing good hockey lately. NJ controlled the play today. I like the way Schmid plays though. He's quiet in the net and looks controlled in his saves. Ottawa didn't give him much trouble today.
    Definitely agree. Defense has been a big issue for them this season, which is only magnified by Chabot’s injury. Offensively, they are still averaging 2.9 goals per game over the last 10. Once this team puts it all together they’ll be a fun team to watch!

Dobber Sports Wizard

anybody can look good in that net ...they give up so little shots...Schmid was horrible last year when he had to make saves...beside if they have real plans to go far i think you want 3 NHL capable goalies...i doubt they trade Blackwood and if they wont he is backup and Schmid plays in AHL.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Schmid is worth a hold for sure even when Blackwood returns. I do think he will go back to the minors to get more playing time, but he could be back for sure.

The Great One

Well he’s 22 and a good but not elite prospect. So that puts his fantasy relevance at about 3 years away. Definitely go trade McDavid for him!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    Schmid was the top goalie in the USHL and I’ve heard others say on here that he was the backbone of the Swiss junior national teams and could develop into one of the next great Swiss goalies. I’m not a fan of Blackwood, and am not sold on Vanecek being the Devil’s long term solution either. I think Schmid could be developing into a great young piece for New Jersey.
    That must have been me, tge Swiss homer of these forums haha

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    That must have been me, tge Swiss homer of these forums haha
    As soon as I saw there was a Schmid post, I knew that Wotan was weighing in!

As stated above, Schmid is a decent, but not great or elite goalie prospect. He'll need opportunity luck and a step up in development. Could happen, and showings like he's doing now, even if lucky, will help keep him in the mix.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I was expecting Nico Daws or Akira Schmid to take the Devils backup job by the end of this year, ousting Blackwood. Both are young guys with promise.

Daws even led the Devils in wins last year, and yes you read that right.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    As soon as I saw there was a Schmid post, I knew that Wotan was weighing in!

As stated above, Schmid is a decent, but not great or elite goalie prospect. He'll need opportunity luck and a step up in development. Could happen, and showings like he's doing now, even if lucky, will help keep him in the mix.
    I hate being this predictable haha
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    I hate being this predictable haha
    I didn't see the game but thats another win for the middling twenty two year old Another shizdang solid win!! He had a sparkling save percentage in the A- maybe he's just dialed in this season?