Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

With Comrie out for an unlimited time and he certainly didn't take the reins of the starting Goalie job anyway, do you think it could be time for Ukko-Pekka Luukonen to come in a become the #1 Goalie in Buffalo? All he really has to do is play well enough to beat out 41 year old Craig Anderson.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

We'll see.
    UPL was the hope of the Sabres to be the goalie of the future...
    His AHL numbers have been "meh", but he was good actually in the NHL last year.
    I think they'll bring him up - even though Houser has slightly better numbers (and more experience).
    https://theahl.com/stats/player-stat...age=1&league=4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    We'll see.
    UPL was the hope of the Sabres to be the goalie of the future...
    His AHL numbers have been "meh", but he was good actually in the NHL last year.
    I think they'll bring him up - even though Houser has slightly better numbers (and more experience).
    https://theahl.com/stats/player-stat...age=1&league=4
    It looks like UPL has gotten the bulk share of the starts in the AHL and I think he was called up. I don't think Comrie is the answer, so I guess it is up to the Sabres coaches and front office if they want to go with the future right now or just stick with the 41 year old Goalie.

I have Freddy Andersen on the IR and can add a Goalie and am stuck with going with UPL, Varly, or Francouz.

Dobber Sports Pro

He's 23 so there's still some leeway there but man, I haven't been very impressed by game for a few years now. It feels like some people still view him as the future starter but Portillo and Levi are also there.

I guess in the short-term, it could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    He's 23 so there's still some leeway there but man, I haven't been very impressed by game for a few years now. It feels like some people still view him as the future starter but Portillo and Levi are also there.

I guess in the short-term, it could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.
    So when placing Freddy Andersen on the IR who would you pick up as a replacement for him while he is on the IR. My best options are UPL , Varly, or Francouz?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    It feels like some people still view him as the future starter but Portillo and Levi are also there.
    It's (unfortunately) a very valid point.
    Portillo (2019 draft) and Levi (T-2021) are both more recent BUF goalies.
    Current GM - Kevyn Adams is GM as of 2020 and was VP in 2019.

So UPL is pre-Adams (he was a Botterill pick in 2017).

It's one thing I've learned to track with prospects in keeper leagues.
    If a prospect is not a current-GM-pick... he's gonna have to be stellar to have long-term role.
    A lot of "previous GM" prospects end up traded out-of-town. Could happen with UPL as well.

I moved him in WHL league for this exact reason.
    I had a prospect-count-crunch and thought "Welp, not an Adams-pick... so, probably won't have a fair shot at that BUF net."

I would say Levi, then Portillo - would be Adams' high hopes for a future G1 on "his" team.

Dobber Sports Star

As stated above, still only 23. I'd prefer for him to have a dominant AHL year and then be eased into being a backup. No pressure to be the man right away. For this year, I wouldn't rely on UPL being a game changer, even if brought up in Comrie's place. Buffalo's rolling, Craig Anderson hasn't been bad, so why not let the old man give some stability.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He could be the #1 in Buffalo, or end up being a trade piece. I think he's a NHL goalie, but not sure on backup or starter.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

UPL has started 7 games this month, Anderson has played 3. Is UPL edging his way into being the starter? Is it time to try and scoop him up?

Dobber Sports All-Star

He’s slowly creeping into that #1 position. He plays with a ton of poise and with that good young team progressing, I think it’s his job to takeover this year and get regular starts next year. I’d scoop him up asap.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

The Great One

I really like what I'm seeing from 6K, and the Sabres net is certainly his for the taking. I think by Buffalo going it slow with him other teams could learn a thing or two.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I really like what I'm seeing from 6K, and the Sabres net is certainly his for the taking. I think by Buffalo going it slow with him other teams could learn a thing or two.
    First time hearing 6K as his nickname! Gotta love it. I just acquired him for one of my draft picks in the entry draft.

Dobber Sports Ace

What happens when Comrie returns from conditioning stint?
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Star

I was just coming on here to inquire about him myself. Could this be the goalie that helps salvage my dilemma in net...for free? I have a claim in for him and hope to land him tomorrow and would rather not have to over-pay for a goalie as no one will part with them to this point.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Deity

He's been annoited the future (along with Levi) since he's been drafted. He's probably ahead of where they thought he'd be at this point but that's more out of necessity than anything else.

I just hope management doesn't pull the plug early on him like they did with Ullmark, and to some extent Lehner, even though he wasn't drafted by Buffalo.

Right now, he's learning on the job and it was a rough start but he's certainly looking more comfortable as a NHL regular. I don't think Anderson is returning next year so there is nothing to say UPL and Comrie can't drive the bus going forward.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."