Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: World Cup

Some more hope for Canada, Japan beating Germany. Wow.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Genius

Canada a bit unlucky. Belgium playing like North Americans and Canada playing like Europeans. Belgium gets the goal with a long ball. Tighten it up at the back and go get’em Canada!

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Master

Belgium has been playing to not lose. Canada playing to win with nothing to lose. They look awesome so far.

Dobber Sports Genius

Great showing by Canada. Deserved way better. Still don’t know how Belgium is ranked #2 in the world. They escaped that one. I like the the speed and heart they showed, lacked a bit of that touch to finish off the close chances. Oh well, there is some hope with this exciting team.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Great showing by Canada. Deserved way better. Still don’t know how Belgium is ranked #2 in the world. They escaped that one. I like the the speed and heart they showed, lacked a bit of that touch to finish off the close chances. Oh well, there is some hope with this exciting team.
    Agree!

Stifler, still think this is a joke team?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

Canada played well. They surprised me to be fair. Belgium was horrible and unrecognizable.

That said, Canada needs to calm the **** down when they get near the box. Their shots were wild and uncontrolled. They could have easily beat Belgium with some patience in their chances.
    On the flip side, it showed some holes on their defense. Belgium had a lot of room in their counter, and that goal was fantastic.

Davies should have scored that penalty and things may have turned very different. Johnstons tackle could have easily been a red for me, so they got lucky there.

Good effort for sure, let's see what they bring on Sunday

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Agree!

Stifler, still think this is a joke team?
    I still think the MLS is a joke of a league yes. I also don't think Canada is a very good team, despite them showing decently today. That is also because Belgium really didn't play like they can.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Canada played well. They surprised me to be fair. Belgium was horrible and unrecognizable.

That said, Canada needs to calm the **** down when they get near the box. Their shots were wild and uncontrolled. They could have easily beat Belgium with some patience in their chances.
    On the flip side, it showed some holes on their defense. Belgium had a lot of room in their counter, and that goal was fantastic.

Davies should have scored that penalty and things may have turned very different. Johnstons tackle could have easily been a red for me, so they got lucky there.

Good effort for sure, let's see what they bring on Sunday
    Definitely agree Canada was vulnerable on the counter, and the finishing was awful.

Disagree huge that the Johnson tackle was even close to a red.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Padawan

How about "Belgium really didn't play like they can." because Canada stifled 'em.

I still think the MLS is a joke of a league yes. I also don't think Canada is a very good team, despite them showing decently today. That is also because Belgium really didn't play like they can.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Master

It was a penalty I thought.

Dobber Sports Master

Canada couldnt take the opportunity. The first half was very exciting. My kid watched it with me until he had to go to school. I would have let him stay home if it was a kockout game.

Dobber Sports Stud

Canada played fearlessly and with a lot of pace. The players showed quality but there was a real lack of lucidity and execution on that last action in the box.
    If they keep the same level of energy, they can definitely get a positive result against Croatia or Morocco.
    They pressure very high and that can be risky but I'd rather see a team that has real intent in their play.
    Very entertaining game!
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    It was a penalty I thought.
    Penalty? He received a yellow, so obviously it was outside the box.

Dobber Sports Titan

Canada's forwards played very well until they had to put a shot on net. David was good, but man you have to capitalize on those opportunities in the box. I don't think Davies is 100%. Canada's defense didn't really need to play and I think they were caught off guard anytime they were pressured in the first half. They were instantly in all panic mode it seemed. Belgium kinda caught themselves in the second half of the first half and opened Canada up, until Canada got control again.

The refs also missed a few calls, even with VAR. The Davies penalty kick, it's only a discussion if he misses. And it's only a poor attempt if the goalie guesses right. Davies shot to not miss the net, not to score. I did think it was an odd call considering the time off Davies had, and he's had 0 penalties this yr (and I think in is professional career?) where David has. However, seeing David miss the net a ton the rest of the game...maybe not him lol. Maybe a goal makes his mojo flow and he gets 2 tho!

Canada is strong, fast, and relentless. And the Croatia/Morocco tie I think is in favour of Canada with the loss.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Canada's forwards played very well until they had to put a shot on net. David was good, but man you have to capitalize on those opportunities in the box. I don't think Davies is 100%. Canada's defense didn't really need to play and I think they were caught off guard anytime they were pressured in the first half. They were instantly in all panic mode it seemed. Belgium kinda caught themselves in the second half of the first half and opened Canada up, until Canada got control again.

The refs also missed a few calls, even with VAR. The Davies penalty kick, it's only a discussion if he misses. And it's only a poor attempt if the goalie guesses right. Davies shot to not miss the net, not to score. I did think it was an odd call considering the time off Davies had, and he's had 0 penalties this yr (and I think in is professional career?) where David has. However, seeing David miss the net a ton the rest of the game...maybe not him lol. Maybe a goal makes his mojo flow and he gets 2 tho!

Canada is strong, fast, and relentless. And the Croatia/Morocco tie I think is in favour of Canada with the loss.
    Good points, I believe Herdman was playing a hybrid of the 4-3-3 as 2-5-3. Davies and Laryrea were up and down all game. Belgium was under a ton of pressure and the clogged mid field forced them to play a bit of the long game instead of the slow build up they are used to. One defensive lapse and basically a perfect air ball through is what (sadly) decided this game. But it was a great game for Canada and no shame in losing a game you probably should have won.

- Roy Kent