Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sell high on Vanecek?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Sell high on Vanecek?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMule_91 View Post
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments while I struggle to move Vanecek.

Hopefully it doesn't hurt my team because she accepted Vanecek, Schmid, and Stephenson for Sorokin and Pettersson. She mentioned yesterday she was frustrated with her goalies so I thought I'd try this.
    This is an unmitigated win for you.

The Great One

Just bumping this thread instead of making another. Vasi owner wants to hold him and won't entertain a trade. Shesterkin is too difficult to acquire.

Do people consider Sorokin in that echelon of goaltending or near that level? Thinking of offering Vanecek+Schmid for Sorokin straight up. She also has Pettersson who looks good if I could pull off a 3 for 2. Sorokin looks good so far this season but are we sold NYI can be good again? Varlamov was drafted and still owned - is he a threat to steal random starts? I'd hate to lose playoffs because Varlamov started 1 of 3 games in a week.
    I like this move sorokin is a fantastic goalie and that system will keep his roto stats in tip top shape!

The Great One

Hopefully it doesn't hurt my team because she accepted Vanecek, Schmid, and Stephenson for Sorokin and Pettersson. She mentioned yesterday she was frustrated with her goalies so I thought I'd try this.
    You owe her a Christmas card! The two for one goalie was a win- that Stephenson for oettwraon move... its ugly lol! Not gonna lie im not sure how she's gonna justify that one down the road....

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    You owe her a Christmas card! The two for one goalie was a win- that Stephenson for oettwraon move... its ugly lol! Not gonna lie im not sure how she's gonna justify that one down the road....
    So I see now hes got 18 in 19 so the optics aren't that bad. To me I just always thought he was that guy getting 60 who was playing over his head wheras ep was getting 70 but had SO much more to give lol! So even though it's maybe only 10 points over the last couple years I just don't feel like you need all that much imagination to see a future where the separation is 30 or more!!

Keep us posted with your kubalik negotiations!! I'd like to see what you can get? I sold as well but he keeps putting up numbers was lol! I really don't buy him as a 90 point player but are we looking at the emergence of a 70 point player? Point per game???

Dobber Sports Stud

Elias Pettersson? And Sorokin?

Fans of an NHL team would be calling to build their GM a statue in front of the building for that trade
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Elias Pettersson? And Sorokin?

Fans of an NHL team would be calling to build their GM a statue in front of the building for that trade
    Haha. I had a couple people in my league let me know I robbed the other owner. Vanecek looking good tonight but I’m hopeful this trade helps me win playoffs.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I just sold him for Saros. When Blackwood will return, the 50-50 dance will begin
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    I just sold him for Saros. When Blackwood will return, the 50-50 dance will begin
    Vancek for Saros was a nice trade. They are both going to be good the rest of the way. This season I think Vanecek ends up the better own. Blackwood is done. There will no 50/50 dance in NJ. Maybe a 70/30 dance. Log it.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Vancek for Saros was a nice trade. They are both going to be good the rest of the way. This season I think Vanecek ends up the better own. Blackwood is done. There will no 50/50 dance in NJ. Maybe a 70/30 dance. Log it.
    I agree it was a good trade. I also agree that Vanecek has the net - I'm not even sure Blackwood will be dancing in Jersey at all.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.