Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sell high on Vanecek?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Sell high on Vanecek?

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Taking only what has happened to date, Georgiev is tied or close to, Vanecek in Wins and Shutouts, with Vanecek being ahead in GAA, and Georgiev being ahead in SV% and Saves. Colorado is playing below expectations, with heavy hitters on the injured list. The Devils have been as hot as possible, something that will not last. I don't see any reason why people wouldn't prefer Georgiev to Vanecek in a one-year, given the circumstances. Colorado, as a team, stands to improve. New Jersey will eventually regress. The goalies will go with that.

That all being said, sure, if you can pry a Shestyorkin or Vasilevskiy in a deal for Vanecek, do that first before exploring Georgiev.
    Yeah, I just feel like owning Georgiev for every Colorado start is the safer play. Especially as guys like Nichushkin and Landeskog return. Also worried about Ruff throwing starts at Blackwood even though he hasn’t been very good.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would definitely be willing to trade Vanecek for the right return.

A higher tier goalie or a similar tier goalie on a much higher tier team would work. I don't think the Devils are this good. Nobody thinks the Avalanche or Lightning are this bad.

Blackwood will have to beat out Schmid or whomever else comes up from the AHL for starts, but he is somewhat entrenched and a guy they drafted, so he'll get leash. I don't think he's good enough to be more than a lower end backup.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I would definitely be willing to trade Vanecek for the right return.

A higher tier goalie or a similar tier goalie on a much higher tier team would work. I don't think the Devils are this good. Nobody thinks the Avalanche or Lightning are this bad.

Blackwood will have to beat out Schmid or whomever else comes up from the AHL for starts, but he is somewhat entrenched and a guy they drafted, so he'll get leash. I don't think he's good enough to be more than a lower end backup.
    I know vasi and TB has been mediocre but thinking about it more, I’m not sure I want to pay for what he’ll cost. But maybe his owner is tired of him and I can get him at a discount. Georgiev I think is a realistic option that shouldn’t cost me more than just Vanecek so I’ll start there I think.

Dobber Sports Veteran

In a one year league I would entertain trying to do a sell high/buy low, and you've observed some good buy lows to try and time a trade for. Long term he is a better goalie I think than Georgiev. So aim high, don't hesitate to add a little to get a clear upgrade and good luck!

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd have no issues selling high on him, but dont trade him to trade him, trade him as an actual sell high. That means getting excellent value out of his hot start. If you cant get that, keep him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Sounds like a trade for Georgiev would simply be a lateral trade at best and not selling high in which case I may as well just roll with Vanecek. I'll inquire about what Vasi will cost and maybe Shesterkin. Not sure I want to risk trading him for Markstrom at this point - I don't think Calgary/Markstrom will play better than NJ/Vanecek this season, even if NJ regress some.

Thanks for all the comments. Given rep to those that I can.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

I began with Vanecek+Zucker for Vasi, thinking both my guys are doing well right now hoping for at least a counter offer for a better forward. He rejected outright. Prefer to do a 2 for 1, but how much of a big 2nd piece would you add for Vasilevskiy? Kubalik? Necas? Stephenson? I think anything more I may as well roll with Vanecek.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheMule_91 View Post
    I began with Vanecek+Zucker for Vasi, thinking both my guys are doing well right now hoping for at least a counter offer for a better forward. He rejected outright. Prefer to do a 2 for 1, but how much of a big 2nd piece would you add for Vasilevskiy? Kubalik? Necas? Stephenson? I think anything more I may as well roll with Vanecek.
    I'd ask him first off, if Vasilevskiy is even available. He might not want to trade him at all. If he's willing to talk, I'd offer up any of those guys and let him pick one.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'd ask him first off, if Vasilevskiy is even available. He might not want to trade him at all. If he's willing to talk, I'd offer up any of those guys and let him pick one.
    I messaged him exactly that. I can never tell if a rejected offer is, "he's not up for trade" or "I don't like that offer". He's in 12th place so I feel no one should be untradeable. If he says he'll trade him, I'll throw those names into the conversation and let him pick.

Thanks Axeman.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Does anyone really think the Georgiev owner would do this 1 for 1? Would you if you were that GM? As was written earlier in this thread, their stats are so similar at this point
    and everyone thinks Colorado is a much better situation. I can't imagine this trade would ever happen in a competitive league.

As for Vasi, that would be a proper sell-high, buy low, but again, hard to see that owner giving up on the reigning stud from the last several years for 2 guys on hot streaks (referring to Kubalik here...). Stephenson would be attractive in leagues that count forward positions and FOW but I don't think that's the case here.

Good luck.

Just bumping this thread instead of making another. Vasi owner wants to hold him and won't entertain a trade. Shesterkin is too difficult to acquire.

Do people consider Sorokin in that echelon of goaltending or near that level? Thinking of offering Vanecek+Schmid for Sorokin straight up. She also has Pettersson who looks good if I could pull off a 3 for 2. Sorokin looks good so far this season but are we sold NYI can be good again? Varlamov was drafted and still owned - is he a threat to steal random starts? I'd hate to lose playoffs because Varlamov started 1 of 3 games in a week.

Dobber Sports Icon

Just bumping this thread instead of making another. Vasi owner wants to hold him and won't entertain a trade. Shesterkin is too difficult to acquire.

Do people consider Sorokin in that echelon of goaltending or near that level? Thinking of offering Vanecek+Schmid for Sorokin straight up. She also has Pettersson who looks good if I could pull off a 3 for 2. Sorokin looks good so far this season but are we sold NYI can be good again? Varlamov was drafted and still owned - is he a threat to steal random starts? I'd hate to lose playoffs because Varlamov started 1 of 3 games in a week.
    I would trade Schmid / Vanecek for Sorokin 100x out of 100, regardless of the status of the Isles. He's that good.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd consider Sorokin a top 10 goalie. Somewhere in the 5-10 range. I'd have no issues trading those two for him but not sure the Sorokin GM will bite. Only one way to find out.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments while I struggle to move Vanecek.

Hopefully it doesn't hurt my team because she accepted Vanecek, Schmid, and Stephenson for Sorokin and Pettersson. She mentioned yesterday she was frustrated with her goalies so I thought I'd try this.

The Great One

That’a a good trade for you.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch