Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever played with an NHL player?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Have you ever played with an NHL player?

Axe inspired me on this one with his save on Raffi Torres on a penalty shot in a charity game!
    A guy in my beer league is a good friend of Georges Laraque and invited him for one game... We were all surprised he accept! I ended up playing on his line and score the winning goal with 20 seconds left from a pass of... Laraque. It was pretty cool.

What’s yours??
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Have you ever played with an NHL player?

Does this count video games with Patrik Laine?

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/pat...182220061.html

Dobber Sports Titan

Not NHL, but NBA I was at a camp in the offseason and got to play with some of the 2000 Raptors (Muggsy Bogues, Curry, Antonio Davis, Alvin and Jerome Williams), I was 9yrs old so I don't really remember a whole lot in all honesty, but I remember the players were razing Muggsy Bogues on his height a lot with the kids.

NHL, I played against Cory Conacher a lot in grade school, and in summer hockey growing up as he was only a couple of yrs older than me.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

I was 14 , living in Chicago and went to Montreal for a week hockey camp. Skated with JC Tremblay, Henri Richard, Yvan Cournoyer,
    and Reggie Vachon. A fantastic experience. No game action, just drills. Something I’ll remember forever.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Pro

I can barely skate....so, no!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Not hockey, but I was at a Charity Event in my area run by Mike Fisher and I was lucky enough to play a round of Cornhole with him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

My closest brush with playing on the same ice as an NHL player was sadly, an NHL linesman. Mike Cvik (a Chara-sized 6'9") had a "little" (6'6") brother who played as a goalie in a Calgary summer hockey league I was in. Of course, being an NHL linesman, he could really skate well, but other than his obvious skating ability and size, I have nothing else to tell!

Dobber Sports Wizard

I fished with Corey Perry about 20 feet apart on same fishing spot in different boats....

i also kicked ball around with polish national soccer team when i was 11 years old....a doctor of that team had his mom at my dads retirement home and they had they pre competition camp for world cup 1986 close close to our town and he managed to get me on the field with my idols...best day of my life up until my son was born
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

Drank with Craig Berube. We have close friends in common. It was a bonfire. Really nice guy, who's open to talk hockey if you ask him questions. His biggest concern that night was running out of beer lol
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Deity

Got to hear some interesting stories from Keith Acton in the dressing room between games.

Of course, being an Oilers fan, I asked him about Yakupov. Acton came in as an associate coach with Dallas Eakins, Yakupov's 2nd year in the league. I simply asked him what went wrong, in his opinion. He simply said Yakupov was hockey dumb. Great skills but hockey dumb and he couldn't find his way. He also confirmed that the scouts wanted Ryan Murray at 1st overall but Daryl Katz made the call to draft Yakupov. I guess Yakupov and his son got along really well and they enjoyed playing video games together. I think we all knew that to be true but it's always good to hear it from someone on the inside and had factual information.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Bill Houlder and Craig Rivet.
    Pickup with anyone from the 2000's North Bay Centennials before they left. So some notable names Chris Thorburn, Alex Auld, Paul Bissionette, Luke O'Shell (notable because he was my neighbour for a bit )

Does hockey school count?
    Can't remember everyone from that, but Roberto Luongo would be the most recognized name I think.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports All-Star

Going back a few years but I did play in a seniors league in Richmond Hill and Kris King played for one of the teams. So I did play against him. Also in a pick up game in Aurora, can't think of his name but he was a defenceman on the NY Islanders Stanley Cup winning teams. His poise really stood out.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Not NHL, but NBA I was at a camp in the offseason and got to play with some of the 2000 Raptors (Muggsy Bogues, Curry, Antonio Davis, Alvin and Jerome Williams), I was 9yrs old so I don't really remember a whole lot in all honesty, but I remember the players were razing Muggsy Bogues on his height a lot with the kids.

NHL, I played against Cory Conacher a lot in grade school, and in summer hockey growing up as he was only a couple of yrs older than me.
    Speaking of Curry, when Dell played for the Raptors, his son, Steph, played one year of Toronto grade school basketball. One of my best friends played against him competitively. He would shoot from center court hahaha.

I would/could have played WITH Sam Gagner and Matt Lorito in high school. But alas I elected not to play high school hockey. Sad!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Icon

Played against Pat Flatley in an outdoor tournament in Manhattan in 2019 (Central Park Lasker Rink, to support Harlem kids hockey). Guy’s still got unreal vision.

CanAm tourney in Mtl in 2018. My team of NY and Mtl buddies jump on the ice. We are the NYC Habs (my NY State license plate!), but my buddy who has access to various NHL uniforms as a manager of an adult league could not come up with the iconic red Habs unis, they were being used for a road trip. What did he bring. The iconic BLACK BRUINS unis! So here we are, playing first game v a bunch of scrubs from Rhode Island - very nice group of dudes, but they were not very good, except for one guy - murmuring on the bench - that no 10, wait, it’s freakin John Leclair! So he basically ups the competitiveness of that team 1,000,000 percent and its a close game. He scores a classic Leclair goal in the 2nd to put them up 1-0 - on the PP, he’s down low and just slams in a rebound from a sharp angle. We tie it up late in the 3rd, and he jumps on and turns on the jets to try to win it (he was pretty easy going all night, the difference is noticeable). With less than a minute to go he grabs the puck in the neutral zone and cuts across to the right side and crosses the blueline - I’m the left D. Here’s all 6’5 / 235 or whatever of Leclair intent coming at me. Now I’m far from good having never played higher than travel hockey, but I’ve been known to make a timely pokecheck or two - and as Leclair tries to deke to the outside at the top of the circle, I pokecheck it away, steal and zip a cross ice pass to a streaking winger. Alas he didn’t score but my claim to fame, the D stop versus legend (and one of my fave Habs ever) John freakin Leclair! After the game we’re all beering up listening to tuned in the locker room when who walks in but Leclair to say hi! First words out of his mouth “WTF is up with those Bruins unis you idiots.” LOL. Great guy.

Another great guy Tie Domi - played one Sunday night in a long-standing pickup game.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Sage

Never played hockey with any pros but once at our local gym we used to have some very competitive basketball games. Most guys starred for their HS team and several played minor college ball. This tall guy showed up one morning and he was unreal. He hit long range shots, drove and dunked at will, and even the best of the regulars had no answer for him. Turns out he was Eric Anderson who was a former Mr. Basketball in Illinois and Big Ten Player of the Year at Indiana. He was a journeyman for the Knicks for a couple years and played in Europe. He was in his late 30s at the time.

At my school there is an assistant coach/alumni that had a couple 10-day contracts in the NBA and had a successful career overseas. He's Marquette University's all-time leading scorer and iirc a former Big East player of the year. The kids say they have never seen anyone closely as good as him. I don't think people realize how good professional athletes are. They are almost a different species.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; November 18, 2022 at 7:32 PM. Reason: typo
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov