Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Perfetti or newhook?

The Great One

Default Re: Perfetti or newhook?

Lastly I was trying to keep it on the dl but yall know there are murmuring that based on his pnhle- a fantastic indicator of talwnt- that there's a very good chance lysell is much better than we thought right?

I guess what I'm saying is this. There is actually more than one way to build a house or rebuild a house lol- and the terminology is a little bit gas lighty here. Yes its counter intuitive at first glance but I don't just look at my team once. I look at it several times to see if there's anything I've missed. If bjorkstrand is as good as necas in three months and I think he can be in my format- then with this trade ill have added perfetti and upgraded a middling here and now guy to a very valuable keeper. How exactly am I building wrong? If you like following rules and doing things in order then do that with your team. I've won multiple championships in a variety of different leagues whilst thinking outside the box- in fact its my favorite way to win lol! So have your opi uons, share them- please- but don't infer im crazy or doing it wrong because its a different process. I had NOBODY on this team- and I've turned a hidge podge of also rans i to some of the best keepers you could hope for. I swapped Seguin for swayman and these boards fried me for all the same reasons- that looks brilliant now. When I got jack Hughes people said I overpaid- now it looks like I jnderpaid. Trends are trends for a reason I get that- they can be indicative of success- but they're not the only road to success and I feel you make the most personal gains when you can buck trends and still come out ahead.

Yes I can sit on necas. If I don't get the return I like I will sit on necas. Hes a great add this year and by next year people will be seeing a star player there. That being said IF I can flip a star player now for two in the next two years ill at least consider it. Every. Damn. Time...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post

Well revisit this in 3 months and see how crazy it looks. Also I just acquired wright for kubalik and raanta. I know he's struggling short term but im not especially worried long term. Thats even more c and forward depth.
    Because we’ll have an idea what sort of NHLers these young guys will be by then? Because we’ll know that Werenski will be recovered from his shoulder reconstruction by then? MAYBE you’ll know in 3 years (more like 5) if this was good deal. You’ll still be in a rebuild because if these young guys start turning into star players (as Necas is doing right now at age 23) you’ll trade them for futures. Hey, it’s fun to trade and to speculate. If that’s what you love about fabatasy hockey that’s actually cool. Just realize you’re never going to compete making moves like this. Either way it’s your gig. But we’re going to tell you what we think here.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    So you're asking for advice, but you only want it if it agrees with what you already think? Got it. That will save me time in the future, thanks.
    Yea not what I said at all.

I said please give me your opinion just try not to call me crazy in the process pretty basic bud...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Because we’ll have an idea what sort of NHLers these young guys will be by then? Because we’ll know that Werenski will be recovered from his shoulder reconstruction by then? MAYBE you’ll know in 3 years (more like 5) if this was good deal. You’ll still be in a rebuild because if these young guys start turning into star players (as Necas is doing right now at age 23) you’ll trade them for futures. Hey, it’s fun to trade and to speculate. If that’s what you love about fabatasy hockey that’s actually cool. Just realize you’re never going to compete making moves like this. Either way it’s your gig. But we’re going to tell you what we think here.
    There's niance as well. For example I literally will not have a hint of a prayer for at least two years in an 18 team dynasty- not even an outside chance. So in two years when I'm potentially in the mix then I would not trade that player. Why are you so worked up? Are you that bothered by my moving a young player during a rebuild. I'm 2-3 years out as a minimum. Thats not a guess thats a hard and fast fact. I'm not sure perfetti will actually take all that much longer than 2-3 years to develop. Theres people comparing him to Jack Hughes out there.

Again I'm not saying I have to make this trade or even that I'm going to but I will jnsist that if you won't consider moving a player BECAUSE he's young you're doing your rebuild a disservice. You can j sist all you want that its an eternal rebuild but making a move when your 2-3 years out is NOT the same as when you are competing- I can and have told the difference in the past and when my team was ready I won 3 out of 4 seasons inthe following years- thats on record in a 22 team very competitive money league. I'm not paying money every year to collect shiny new trinkets. I'm paying to win and when my team gets there you stop trading. Its not actually hard...

The Great One

Yea not what I said at all.

I said please give me your opinion just try not to call me crazy in the process pretty basic bud...
    Not sure why you think I was even referring to you but keep being mad if you want. Try Twitter- you'll find things on there that actually are offensive. Nothing i said was offensive or directed at you..

The Great One

There's niance as well. For example I literally will not have a hint of a prayer for at least two years in an 18 team dynasty- not even an outside chance. So in two years when I'm potentially in the mix then I would not trade that player. Why are you so worked up? Are you that bothered by my moving a young player during a rebuild. I'm 2-3 years out as a minimum. Thats not a guess thats a hard and fast fact. I'm not sure perfetti will actually take all that much longer than 2-3 years to develop. Theres people comparing him to Jack Hughes out there.

Again I'm not saying I have to make this trade or even that I'm going to but I will jnsist that if you won't consider moving a player BECAUSE he's young you're doing your rebuild a disservice. You can j sist all you want that its an eternal rebuild but making a move when your 2-3 years out is NOT the same as when you are competing- I can and have told the difference in the past and when my team was ready I won 3 out of 4 seasons inthe following years- thats on record in a 22 team very competitive money league. I'm not paying money every year to collect shiny new trinkets. I'm paying to win and when my team gets there you stop trading. Its not actually hard...
    The irony is I've pulled the offer because now despite having a better grasp of the format and assets I'm second guessing myself. I'm definitely gonna bookmark this one though.

There's multiple different angles to this:

- You can rebuild by moving young pieces especially when your 2-3 years out.

- You CAN stop trading when your team is ready to compete.

- I think Bjorkstrand is likely being criminally underrated right now- hes got one goal on 50+ sogs. In our format we get 1 point for a sog 3 for an assist and 4 for a goal- so I'm telling you these sog pig type players have TONS of value. In fact despite his dropping ownership percentage across all of fantrax hes astonishingly got close to 100 fprs in our format which is quite easily a starting active forward.

- I'm not gonna lie I think pwrfettis value is being underrated here. You are correct- i don't know if hell be any better than the next prospect. I will say I do get my reads based on opinion farming and the guys I follow speak incredibly high on perfetti. I don't here a lot of talk out there about developing into a 2c. All I hear anywhere is elite topline center. Is that a guarantee? No but im not just picking prospects at random either- there are a ton of guys id would NOT consider in this swap.

Thats it. Maybe I'm wrong but the logic is not crazy. Its not unsustainable to flip a young asset along the way in your rebuild. Its not an addiction you can't stop lol! I agree that keeping necas is likely the safe route and I've pretty much decided to do just that but like I said I do have this bookmarked. I am not at all sure this is a slam dunk to pan out the way you're saying it will....

The Great One

The guy I'm not talking about is lysell because I'm not sure who reads this board. My new angle is to try and keep necas and target lysell for a mid range asset that can help the other owner this year. My fear is that he's not gonna go for that if he reads the same stuff I do though

The Great One

The guy I'm not talking about is lysell because I'm not sure who reads this board. My new angle is to try and keep necas and target lysell for a mid range asset that can help the other owner this year. My fear is that he's not gonna go for that if he reads the same stuff I do though
    I love that you’re replying to yourself.

Also, this post makes great sense all the way around!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch