Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Perfetti or newhook?

The Great One

Default Perfetti or newhook?

I'm debating offering necas to a competing team. Theres a lot to the trade but the biggest consideration is that I do believe necas is a star going forward. I think he's a point per game player who can hit 90 in any given season and likely this one. By next year I think we have him in barzal aho point territory.

That being said if I can get a guy like perfetti or newhook I feel they are pretty close to a lock to getting there as well so I can put in so.e other tweaks to improve my future while getting a replacement ast the same time.

I'd also include kubalik and I'd be asking for bjorkstrand and lysell back. Newhook is a prospect til 100 games so he'd be a free keep til next year. Lysell is not but he's a guy I personally like and would love to add. I'm also such a big bjorkstra.d fan as this is a sog heavy league and I think even if he is only a 55-60 point player he'll have great value as a volume shooter.

So which one?

- - - Updated - - -

I co sidereal asking for both but thats probably ly way to shut down talks completely. If someone asked for one of my core rookies I likely would NOT do it but asking g for two would be lol worthy haha!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Perfetti or newhook?

To answer the original question, I prefer Perfetti. I think a lot of Newhook's value involves predicting that he'll be elevated by MacKinnon, Rantanen, Makar and the rest. I'm not sure about that. He'll be good, but I think Perfetti and his hockey brain will be better.

I should comment that Necas being a 90 pt player is probably the most optimistic view of his future output that I've ever seen. I don't see it myself, he seems more of a 75-80 ceiling guy. I hope you're right!

Dobber Sports Pro

I like Perfetti over Newhook as well and I'm not sure I'd want them as the main piece back for Necas, but it's not an outlandish suggestion. I think getting Bjorkstrand and Lysell back helps a lot especially if you only add Kubalik on your side.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    To answer the original question, I prefer Perfetti. I think a lot of Newhook's value involves predicting that he'll be elevated by MacKinnon, Rantanen, Makar and the rest. I'm not sure about that. He'll be good, but I think Perfetti and his hockey brain will be better.

I should comment that Necas being a 90 pt player is probably the most optimistic view of his future output that I've ever seen. I don't see it myself, he seems more of a 75-80 ceiling guy. I hope you're right!
    I know- based on one bad season. Its funny in his draft year everyone agreed he had star upside- the articles are still out there. The next two years when he was slowly getting better all the articles said he's a star in the making - but he had one bad season and everyone got burned and said damn im not betting on that guy again. Happens all the time. This off season though he'll have gotten 80 points (minimum) and then everyone will reassess the situatuion and if he scored 80 at 23 it'd be a little silly to think his upside is 80.

I didn't say he was a 90 point player I said I think he'll be a ppg player who flirts with 90 in any given season. I'd put him yalentwise and production with aho point and barzal- barz being the example of what happens when your team situation sucks and points 93 point season being the example when everything breaks right. I thi k his floor is likely 70 with this deployment and I really do not see his deployment t changing that drastically anymore. Hes a ay driver not a passenger.

We can talk again in a year. Think Troy terry- not in terms of playing style but in terms of how he broke out bit slower/later than the insta pop we like to see in fantasy. Last year you probably couldn't trade him for David perron- this year hes a core keeper. Necas will be that next year. Again not a superstar but a reliable core guy you can draft around...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I know- based on one bad season. Its funny in his draft year everyone agreed he had star upside- the articles are still out there. The next two years when he was slowly getting better all the articles said he's a star in the making - but he had one bad season and everyone got burned and said damn im not betting on that guy again. Happens all the time. This off season though he'll have gotten 80 points (minimum) and then everyone will reassess the situatuion and if he scored 80 at 23 it'd be a little silly to think his upside is 80.

I didn't say he was a 90 point player I said I think he'll be a ppg player who flirts with 90 in any given season. I'd put him yalentwise and production with aho point and barzal- barz being the example of what happens when your team situation sucks and points 93 point season being the example when everything breaks right. I thi k his floor is likely 70 with this deployment and I really do not see his deployment t changing that drastically anymore. Hes a ay driver not a passenger.

We can talk again in a year. Think Troy terry- not in terms of playing style but in terms of how he broke out bit slower/later than the insta pop we like to see in fantasy. Last year you probably couldn't trade him for David perron- this year hes a core keeper. Necas will be that next year. Again not a superstar but a reliable core guy you can draft around...
    Wasn't trying to be dismissive bu the way I've just seen the point so many times. I think at some point in his struggles people started saying on top of everything else he'll never be the top c past aho which puts an artificial ceiling on him around 70osh being a 2c. As we're seeing its not playing out that way. He was drafted to play on the topline and after one summer off of improved conditioning and motivation he looks like a new player out there. Check out some highlights!! Hes always had this in him- it was a matter of motivation and deployment i think both have been corrected and hes a 70 point floor who you can reasonably bet on for 82 most seasons..

Dobber Sports Pro

Wasn't trying to be dismissive bu the way I've just seen the point so many times. I think at some point in his struggles people started saying on top of everything else he'll never be the top c past aho which puts an artificial ceiling on him around 70osh being a 2c. As we're seeing its not playing out that way. He was drafted to play on the topline and after one summer off of improved conditioning and motivation he looks like a new player out there. Check out some highlights!! Hes always had this in him- it was a matter of motivation and deployment i think both have been corrected and hes a 70 point floor who you can reasonably bet on for 82 most seasons..
    I get your point, but I don't quite share the enthusiasm. I love Necas and think he's a great player, but he plays for the Carolina Hurricanes. As said in another thread, Aho is the only one in the last 15 years to reach 80 points on that team. No one's reached 90 since Eric Staal back in 05-06 and that was a one-time thing! Is Necas better than Aho? Maybe...But man, I'd want to see a lot more than a 20-game sample in order to have him at a 70-point floor. I understand that people were turned off by his terrible year last year. But even before that, he's never even sniffed 70-point pace in any of his season. I think it's too much of a leap to proclaim he's a 70-point floor guy already. Let's wait for him to do it once, no?

Great discussion though!

The Great One

The Great One

Trade Necas. The Perpetual rebuild continues…
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Not sure I would trade Necas. If you do, it’s Perfetti easily for me
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

The Great One

Much if the plan relies on swapping bjorkstrand for necas and adding perfetti. I believe bjorkstrand is a wolf in sheep's clothing right now. All the metrics that made me intrigued by necas are there with him atoi pptoi sogs- his shooting percentage is literally zero when jes likely closer to a 30 goal guy- the flood gates will open. I think necas is a tad better player but in our format bjorkstrand will do well based on his prodigious sogs.

I don't feel like thats a perpetual rebuild at all. I feel like its more like adding perfetto for free...

The Great One

Then when bjorkstrand does market correct i can flip him one for one for werenski and ill have added percetti werenski and lysell for necas and a mid range guy- thats pretty smooth rebuilding in my books...

The Great One

Smooth rebuilding would be keeping Necas. He’s 23. What’s your target date? 2025-26? When Werenski is 40? I don’t get this at all.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with the above. I think you've made a better case for keeping Necas than you have for anything else. If you're building something you don't subtract from the foundation so you can add to the roof.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

The Great One

In a rebuild just like any trade your looking to add value. I believe necas although very good is at the very top end of what hell likely produce wheras bjorkstrand and his one goal is due for a massive market correction. Its so funny I get in these arguments and then a few months later in the season when all of a sudden player x does market correct and no ones around to argue anymore. In my format a high shooting winger arguably has more value than necas does even if he scores 10 more points. I'm essentially adding perfetti or newhook ON TOP OF THAT? I get the logic but if I followed these boards I'd be stuck in neutral years ago.

Well revisit this in 3 months and see how crazy it looks. Also I just acquired wright for kubalik and raanta. I know he's struggling short term but im not especially worried long term. Thats even more c and forward depth.

Dobber Sports Ace

So you're asking for advice, but you only want it if it agrees with what you already think? Got it. That will save me time in the future, thanks.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson