Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Russian Missiles land in Poland, killing two.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Russian Missiles land in Poland, killing two.

Yikes anyone else a little nervous about this? US was the first to report it. Poland is a NATO country and the US is always looking at ways to join a hot war. I truly hope instead of leading down that path, that this instead turns into aggressive negotiations to end this conflict.

Scary stuff.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Russian Missiles land in Poland, killing two.

Poland is already going into emergency meeting mode with Canada and US closely monitoring the next steps.

However, no US authority has confirmed what caused the explosion officially. I do think we all know what it is though. This was a situation that was "likely" due to the amount of missiles being fired at Ukraine the last week, something going wrong and hitting a non-Ukraine city was bound to happen.

Should be an interesting week or two since so many countries didn't want to be involved might be forced to take another step towards getting involved.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Might be time for NATO to tell Putin to get out of Ukraine or we're getting in. Nobody wants this, obviously, but when is enough, enough? Putin is getting push back from his own people including criticism from Alexsandr "the brain" Dugin for withdrawing from Kherson. Athough he denies this, where there's smoke, there's fire and most Russians don't want this war to continue.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Seems somehow appropriate:

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Putin will say it's a mistake and Biden will fall asleep. Poland will want answers and probably get nothing. I agree, enough is enough and something has to be done to end this stupidity. But what?
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

So the newest thing is that they were Russian made missiles, but not from Russia. It seems like the running theory is that they were anti air missiles from Ukraine that missed a Russian missile that was directed at Ukraine that ended up going astray and hitting Poland.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    So the newest thing is that they were Russian made missiles, but not from Russia. It seems like the running theory is that they were anti air missiles from Ukraine that missed a Russian missile that was directed at Ukraine that ended up going astray and hitting Poland.
    That's what I am hearing. Whew, that's a good thing. I can't fathom that some people really think Nato or the US need to step to Russia with direct conflict. That's a good way to either end life on earth or best case scenario end life as we know it on earth. Honestly I feel we need to negotiate and give Russia something, Donetsk and Luhansk.

I am not saying it's right but the death and destruction this war is causing is worse. Putin won't live forever and when his reign is over, it could be an opportunity to work with Russia on hopefully on a more civil and productive level. Or his successor might even be worse. Either way all I know is postponing potential nuclear way seems like a good thing.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sure seems to be a lot of people who would support a NATO response. Media outlets were super quick to slam Russia. Couldn't wait for evidence to come in or temper the headlines. Fear sells I guess. I suspect that most people would rather have peace than get drawn into a larger conflict.

I love that so many countries can send billions upon billions of dollars to support tens of thousands of Ukranian and Russian people getting killed instead of spending taxpayer money on their own people. Health care systems falling apart (in Canada, wait times are off the chart and try finding a doctor taking new patients) or non-existent for many (USA) and add in rampant inflation. Just keep printing money to give away for foreign issues. Future taxpayer money well spent I guess? I must have missed that class in Finance 101 where printing a massive amount of money has no consequences. I enjoy paying insane prices for the basics like food, rent/mortgage, gas and electricity because I know we have the right leaders in place to guide us out of these troubling times.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Sure seems to be a lot of people who would support a NATO response. Media outlets were super quick to slam Russia. Couldn't wait for evidence to come in or temper the headlines. Fear sells I guess. I suspect that most people would rather have peace than get drawn into a larger conflict.

I love that so many countries can send billions upon billions of dollars to support tens of thousands of Ukranian and Russian people getting killed instead of spending taxpayer money on their own people. Health care systems falling apart (in Canada, wait times are off the chart and try finding a doctor taking new patients) or non-existent for many (USA) and add in rampant inflation. Just keep printing money to give away for foreign issues. Future taxpayer money well spent I guess? I must have missed that class in Finance 101 where printing a massive amount of money has no consequences. I enjoy paying insane prices for the basics like food, rent/mortgage, gas and electricity because I know we have the right leaders in place to guide us out of these troubling times.

And I am willing to bet you 99% of those who were supporting that response had no direct skin in the game as far as going over there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

I agree with this statement. The only way we should of gotten involved in this conflict, is through mediation between the countries. I am in no way defending Russia but there is way more to this story than big bad Russia, picks on poor Ukraine. We have been stoking this fire for years dating back to agreements made when the former Soviet Union collapsed.

Can we not just concentrate on our own affairs instead of trying to police the world? In almost every instance aside from the World Wars which was a true stance against real evil or involvement has made the situation worse in the end. Whether it be Vietnam or the middle east.

Dobber Sports Wizard

im actually Polish, i lived there for first 17 years of my life, i have family about 50k away from where explosion happened. Atm is all just political talks but it does look like it was not intentional. Or it was well masked. I dont think this is enough to provoke NATO to physically retaliate but it will make political situation even more complicated. If this happens again i can see interference.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    And I am willing to bet you 99% of those who were supporting that response had no direct skin in the game as far as going over there.
    I believe you're in the Canadian Navy, Axeman. What are your thoughts on NATO with Russia in their backyard? NATO was formed to prevent another Hitler. Putin could be that other Hitler.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I believe you're in the Canadian Navy, Axeman. What are your thoughts on NATO with Russia in their backyard? NATO was formed to prevent another Hitler. Putin could be that other Hitler.
    Yes, I am in the Canadian Navy. I tend to keep my opinions on these things tight to the chest.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

so nothing is 100% proofed but apparently the missile was actually launched by Ukraine as a defense mechanism when Russia tried to attack residential buildings in Ukraine....i guess it missed and ended up on Polish soil. This is straight from Poland's assessment.

I do believe Putin is crazy but i dont believe he is stupid so this does make some sense....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Whatever this mistake happened and two innocent lives that had nothing to do with this cluster**** of a war were killed. This is not even counting the numerous amounts of innocent civilians who have been killed because of this mess. Do I believe the United States and NATO need to join in this War and start the Nuclear destruction of this world , NO but I do certainly feel it is time to ramp up negotiations with Putin to end this mess.