Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Minty

He looks like a stud.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I picked him up on my Minors.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I know this is the OHL, but this kid has now played 24 games and has 35 points( 12 Goals & 23 Assists). Is it at all possible if Anaheim will call him up this season?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mika Magic View Post
    I know this is the OHL, but this kid has now played 24 games and has 35 points( 12 Goals & 23 Assists). Is it at all possible if Anaheim will call him up this season?
    It's highly unlikely. Zellweger would get the call first. He's a stud in his own right. I actually think Mintyukov is the more dynamic player, but needs a bit more seasoning before sniffing the pro game.

The Ducks have a nice stable of young blue liners... it'll be interesting to see how things unfold for fantasy purposes, especially when they add an elite forward at the draft.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Mika Magic View Post
    Zellweger and Mintyukov are both in junior so neither can be called up. They can only play in the NHL once their junior seasons end. They may also get some time in the AHL after their junior seasons end.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Any chance we see Mintyukov this season?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by sean avery fan View Post
    Not in any way that would prove valuable in the fantasy hockey context.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by sean avery fan View Post
    Hard to say. I wont say it's out of the question but right now, he's knee deep into the OHLs season and Ottawa has a good team. If Ottawa loses early, maybe??? He might get a couple games at the end of the season just to dip his toes into the water but it wont surprise me if he plays more in the AHL next year than the NHL just to get up to speed with the pro game.

If you have a minors system, he's worth stashing but if you are looking at rostering him on a main roster, and you dont have a minors system, it's too early for him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hard to say. I wont say it's out of the question but right now, he's knee deep into the OHLs season and Ottawa has a good team. If Ottawa loses early, maybe??? He might get a couple games at the end of the season just to dip his toes into the water but it wont surprise me if he plays more in the AHL next year than the NHL just to get up to speed with the pro game.

If you have a minors system, he's worth stashing but if you are looking at rostering him on a main roster, and you dont have a minors system, it's too early for him.
    As a 2022 draftee, is he eligible to play in the AHL next year or would he have to go back to junior?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TrailerParkFlyers View Post
    As a 2022 draftee, is he eligible to play in the AHL next year or would he have to go back to junior?
    Crap you're right. He's not old enough to play in the AHL yet. I was thinking he turned 20 during this season. He could still play in the NHL this year, and as long as he doesn't exceed his 9GP, his ELC will slide.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."