Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kochetkov potential?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Kochetkov potential?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Highly unlikely. They aren't going to pay Raanta an NHL salary to play in the AHL.
    That is true

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There will be a decision to make, and it will be likely cap related as to how much to rush the 2 veterans back. You might see them get a couple extra days to make sure all is right, or an AHL loan for conditioning if that would get them off the cap for a couple days.

This new world of daily cap room accumulation is a real crazy thing sometimes.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Young Goaltender with potential on a great team with a great system. Two goalies ahead of him are bandaids.... sign me up!
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Anybody have insight on to which out of Kochetkov and Raanta will get more starts while Andersen is out? I would've thought Raanta but it seems like Carolina maybe opting to have them split 50/50. I have Raanta on a roster currently and wondering i'd do well to drop him for Kochetkov just to get ahead of the curve in case the younger guy outplays the veteran.

Dobber Sports Star

Unless Raanta plays poorly, it should be him. He's signed for veteran stability. It isn't as if Carolina's success hinges primarily on goalie performance. But if I were to guess, it'd be near evenly-split between Raanta and Kochetkov during Andersen's absence.

Dobber Sports Stud

I am enjoying him for now.

I'm getting some concerns regarding kochetkov being waiver exempt when all 3 are healthy(lol)

But I may hold him regardless. He's the future with both andersen and raanta UFA, and he's playing very well and resigned 4 years

Dobber Sports Apprentice

They're going to have a hard time sending him down with how well he has played. Freddie hasn't played that well this season when he was healthy and Raanta is never healthy. I think the right play is to keep him up at the NHL level and waive Raanta or trade him for a pick if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    I am enjoying him for now.

I'm getting some concerns regarding kochetkov being waiver exempt when all 3 are healthy(lol)

But I may hold him regardless. He's the future with both andersen and raanta UFA, and he's playing very well and resigned 4 years
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa