Thread: K.Conner & 3rd for Pettersson & Hughes

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default K.Conner & 3rd for Pettersson & Hughes

Would you trade Pettersson and Hughes for Conner & 3rd Pick in a 12 Team Roto Style League - KEEP 4 (G,A,P,+/-, PIM, PPG,PPP,SOG,GAA,SV%,W,SHO)? My team is below.

My team:
    C. Mcdavid
    C. Crosby
    LW. Draisaitl
    LW. Pettersson
    RW. Kane
    RW. Debrusk
    D. Chabot
    D. Morrissey
    D. Rielly
    D. Toews
    UTIL. Schiefele
    UTIL. Rust
    BN. Toffoli
    BN. J.Hughes
    IR. McAvoy

G. Thompson
    BN. Andersen
    BN. Merzilikins
    BN. Wedgewood
    IR. Swayman

I am currently in 2nd and need help in +/-, PIM and goalie categories. I feel like Conner can become a Keeper and I can have an extra pick for next year. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: K.Conner & 3rd for Pettersson & Hughes

Quinn of Jack?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Initiate

Jack

Dobber Sports Sophomore

No, I would keep Pettersson and Jack Hughes

Dobber Sports Genius

I am going to say no. I do believe Connor is proven and most likely the best out of the three at this point in their careers. However both Pettersson and Jack individually could usurp him of that ranking as early as this year. It's not guaranteed that they will this year or ever but they could.

Pettersson will be 24 in two days, he's currently pacing for over 100 points on a struggling Canucks team. Jack is 21, shoots a ton and was pacing for around Connors last year pace before getting injured. Finally Connor is the oldest at almost 26 years old and is currently well below his last years pace, which could change in short order but still.

I think I hold onto what you got for now unless the pick get's better. By the end of the year Hughes or Pettersson might be the better keeper over Connor anyway.

Dobber Sports Guru

Hold for sure.
    EP and the Nucks won't be this bad all year IMO. I think the +/- stabilizes, and JHughes and the Devils look pretty legit.
    Your goalie cats will also be okay once the Lightning wake up IMO. Don't rush to do anything rash.

That said, how many do you keep? That's a factor for sure. If it's only 3-4 then this seems a bit more possible (although I'd think there are better deals to be had in that case).
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Initiate

My mistake to everyone.. it is a keep 4 league and my team is updated. I have too many leagues.

I am leaning towards an accept. I would keep Mcdavid/Draisaitl/Conner/Thompson or Andersen

The SOG that Conner brings is pretty big..

Dobber Sports Initiate

He just sent another offer for my Morrissey Pettersson and Hughes for his Conner Hanifin and a 2nd. He is also in dead last so his 2nd is essentially a 1st. I am currently missing my 2nd round which I used on Thompson recently. .

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by L2TG View Post
    My mistake to everyone.. it is a keep 4 league and my team is updated. I have too many leagues.

I am leaning towards an accept. I would keep Mcdavid/Draisaitl/Conner/Thompson or Andersen

The SOG that Conner brings is pretty big..
    Hey man you do you but aren't Hughes and Connors shots pretty even? Hughes was pacing for almost 300 sog last year and this year so far he's pacing for 340.

Dobber Sports Genius

He just sent another offer for my Morrissey Pettersson and Hughes for his Conner Hanifin and a 2nd. He is also in dead last so his 2nd is essentially a 1st. I am currently missing my 2nd round which I used on Thompson recently. .
    The 2nd is way better. Still I like keeping EP and Hughes but if your set on it, tell him to drop the D in the deal and just upgrade the pick and it's a deal.

Dobber Sports Initiate

So you would keep Mcdavid/Drai/EP/Hughes for next year?

I see your point also... I guess I am not really sold on Hughes tbh.. or the Devils. They look great to start but I feel Conner is a legit top 15 forward and EP/Hughes are like top 25 maybe..

Dobber Sports Genius

So you would keep Mcdavid/Drai/EP/Hughes for next year?

I see your point also... I guess I am not really sold on Hughes tbh.. or the Devils. They look great to start but I feel Conner is a legit top 15 forward and EP/Hughes are like top 25 maybe..
    Your team looks solid, so I am guessing your competing this year correct? If that's the case, yes I would like to keep those two and see how things shake out.