Thread: How to manage long-term injuries?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default How to manage long-term injuries?

Well, Kane is out 3-4 months. He's far too valuable to out-right drop, but I'm carrying Pacioretty and Landeskog with my only IR slots AND I'm carrying Chychrun. My plan was to draft the latter 3, stash Pacioretty, and expect Chych and Landy back within a few weeks. That was a gamble that didn't pay off and I'm overwhelmed with long-term injuries now.

Any ideas or advice on how to handle this situation? In order of return I expect it to be Chychrun, Pacioretty, Landeskog, then Kane. Do I try trading 2 of the 4 in bundles? Doubt I get anything I like. Also, does this present an opportunity for the Oilers to keep Kane on LTIR until real playoffs in order to make a trade with that cap space? That one may be a little too 'magic 8-ball' to answer. Do I just ride it out until these guys come back 1-by-1 and pray for no further injuries?

I'm currently in 3rd place battling it out with 2nd place this week so it's not all doom and gloom. Appreciate any advice.

Edit: some FA names are Mangiapane (Waivers), Lafreniere (Waivers), Garland, Voracek (out), Gourde, Copp, Klingberg, Hanifin, Domi, Addison, Barbashev, Arvidsson, Carter, Sharangovich.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: How to manage long-term injuries?

What's on the wire? I personally would have no problem dropping Chycrun and Pacioretty in 1 year leagues. I'd prefer to keep landeskog though.

Pacioretty I believe is out till february or something too. Chychrun is relatively easily replaced with other defenders in my opinion. The guy is supposed to be amazing and get traded, and he hasn't been either for a year now.

since you're a 1 year league I'd be looking on the wire.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Landeskog I would hold onto. The other 3 I would start surfing the WW for options.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Sorry guys, forgot that pertinent info. Added to OP.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)