Thread: Bratt Over Hughes

The Great One

Default Bratt Over Hughes

Was reading the ramblings today and I was cruising along fine- I had just echoed the same sentiments to my buddy about not dropping Mierzlikims- and then I read Bratt is a better own than Jack Hughes short and long term... there i said it???

I immediately scrolled to the top to see who I was reading today as there's at least one writer (you know who you are) who tends to say things that are a little bit contrarian at times...

It was dobber.

Now I don't get why we're just hearing about this now?? If our fantasy hockey guru knew about the next brad marchamd- lol- then we are finding out this deep i to his breakout when he's unattainable?? Second maybe it's time to clean up prognostications on Jack Hughes? Is this commentary that Bratt will be a stud or is it actually more that he's losing face in Hughes being a scoring superstar? Is it both?

I love contrarian advice (especially when it's right) but this felt like a kick in the nuts this morning haha! I do NOT buy this!! Maybe he's the next Marchand but nothing in his scouting report or player profile indicates that. Im sure dobbers seen him play a few times but how many NJ games is he actually even watching?? I "feel" like our hockey dad dobber might actually just be a fantasy owner whose letting himself get overly excited. Hey I'm currently doing the same thing with Bunting and literally used the term "next marchand" in trade talks lol! Don't worry im not asking for a Marchand level return just aiming he COULD be...

If this is true ill eat my shoe- if its not ill be the noisiest-gloatiest-unclassiest poster in these parts!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Bratt Over Hughes

Hughes > Bratt, and anyone who thinks otherwise is going to hurt themselves both short and long term

The Great One

I feel like Hughes is doing very well. 8 points in 9 is certaiy reasonable but even more than that he's averaging like 4 frigging sogs a game!! Hes gonna be a beast this season...

Dobber Sports Star

i somewhat assumed part of it is due to Bratt being a winger so he'll be the better own due to relative positional scarcity. He is producing regardless of whether he plays with Hischier or JHughes so he'll always be playing with someone productive
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    i somewhat assumed part of it is due to Bratt being a winger so he'll be the better own due to relative positional scarcity. He is producing regardless of whether he plays with Hischier or JHughes so he'll always be playing with someone productive
    I do like hischier lol! But I mean jack is billed as a playdriver in his own right too...

Dobber Sports Genius

A big thing here is Hughes is three years younger. Being only 21 he hasn't come close to his prime yet. Bratt might be better this year, heck even next but in three years, I can't see it. With that being said I still think by the end of year Hughes will have the better season.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    A big thing here is Hughes is three years younger. Being only 21 he hasn't come close to his prime yet. Bratt might be better this year, heck even next but in three years, I can't see it. With that being said I still think by the end of year Hughes will have the better season.
    Exactly. When Bratt was Hughes' age. he paced for 44 points. Let's not let a hot start by Bratt cloud our judgment.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Initiate

I also thought this was weird… but I then thought it probably wasn’t an apples for apples comparison but one based upon draft capital expended and probably price to acquire in a trade now and in the past. Bratt looking very good but imo would still be easier to trade for in comparison to Hughes even on this ridiculous hot streak.

The Great One

Fair point yourself had to.invest a ton to land Hughes where Bratt was a waiver add last year and likely a later draft pick this year. That tracks...

Dobber Sports Sage

Hughes now has 29 points in 25 games and Bratt is at 27 in 25. I think the people wanting Bratt over Hughes has a little bit of contrarian in them.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I love both of the players. Bratt being a Winger has some merit to that and Hughes being a few years younger also has merit to that. In the long haul, I do think Jack Hughes will be the top player on the New Jersey Devils followed closely by Jesper Bratt. Both these players are going to be a fantastic 1:2 punch for many years to come if the Devils pay Bratt long term.
    League: 14 team H2H 12 category scoring: G/A/P/PPP/SHP/SOG/BLK~ W/L(Least)/GA(Least)/SV/SHO
    Bratt Pack: Team & Record: 43-43-10 (23 player roster with 6 IR positions and 2 NA positions)

C: Scheifele-WPG, Seguin-DAL(RW), Reinhart- FLA(RW), Monahan-MON, Parssinen-NSH
    LW: Laine-CLS(RW), Benn-DAL(C), Zucker-PIT, Sheary-WSH(RW), Maccelli-ARZ
    RW: Bratt-NJ, Fiala-LA(LW), Zacha-BOS(LW/C), Peterka-BUF(LW), Wilson-WSH IR
    D: Hamilton-NJ, Chabot-OTT, Trouba-NYR, Addison-MIN, Ekman-Larsson-VAN, Letang-PIT IR
    G: Saros-NSH, Kuemper-WSH, Schmid-NJ, Francouz-COL